USaviation.com Celebrates Its First Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Senior
Aug 18, 2002
www.usaviation.com
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial]This October marks USaviation.com’s first anniversary.[SPAN style=mso-spacerun: yes] [/SPAN]Shortly after we opened our doors to the world last year at this time, we were overwhelmed by the mass migration of visitors from the old Planebusiness boards. We started this site with the goal of becoming [/SPAN][?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags /][st1:country-region][st1:place][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial]America[/SPAN][/st1:place][/st1:country-region][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial]’s Aviation Headquarters.[SPAN style=mso-spacerun: yes] [/SPAN]Little did we know that expansion would come so quickly.[?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice /][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial][o:p] [/o:p][/SPAN][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial]To ensure continued growth, we have made and continue to make many “behind-the-scenesâ€￾ adjustments and we appreciate everyone’s patience over the past year as we sought to keep the site growing with as little interruption as possible.[SPAN style=mso-spacerun: yes] [/SPAN]We have come a long way, and we will continue to dedicate our time, money, and effort to keep everyone coming back for more.[SPAN style=mso-spacerun: yes] [/SPAN][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial][o:p] [/o:p][/SPAN][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][B style=mso-bidi-font-weight: normal][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial]We Need Your Support[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/B][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial]Over the past year, we have enjoyed numerous emails from people thanking us for providing this web site and the wonderful resources it provides.[SPAN style=mso-spacerun: yes] [/SPAN]Many individuals offer to volunteer their time in an attempt to show their support to our aviation community, and many visitors offer suggestions.[SPAN style=mso-spacerun: yes] [/SPAN]We value all input we receive from our visitors. Last month, we received an email from a visitor who suggested that we sell USaviation.com T-shirts and “Teamâ€￾ apparel.[SPAN style=mso-spacerun: yes] [/SPAN]He stated that this would be a simple way to have our many visitors and members participate and support the community instead of having flashing banner ads that are unrelated to aviation. We listened.[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][B style=mso-bidi-font-weight: normal][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial]Support USaviation.com[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/B][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial]Help show your support and participation in our growing aviation community, please take a moment to visit our new store.[SPAN style=mso-spacerun: yes] [/SPAN]We have some great USaviation Team apparel available, and each sale helps a little bit to keep our site running smoothly.[SPAN style=mso-spacerun: yes] [/SPAN][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial]Visit the Store today and Support USaviation.com: [A href=http://www.cafeshops.com/usaviation]http://www.cafeshops.com/usaviation[/A][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial]As we look ahead to our second year, we wish to thank everyone for their continued support and participation.[SPAN style=mso-spacerun: yes] [/SPAN]Please continue to contact us with any questions or suggestions. We are here for you and always welcome your input.[BR][BR]Sincerely,[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial]The USaviation.com Staff [o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][SPAN style=FONT-FAMILY: Arial][FONT size=3][SPAN style=mso-spacerun: yes] [/SPAN][SPAN style=mso-spacerun: yes] [/SPAN][/FONT][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/P]

10.gif'] I'll be the first to wish you a Happy Anniversary!! I've only been here a short time but have really enjoyed the trip...best of luck to USaviation.com and see you on your second anniversary....

Can we take up a collection or put the proceeds of t-shirts/merchndse sales to fixing or buying a new board server?It has been absolutely terrible all week long..example today...no posting ability for 4 hrs, judging by the last post and the current time as I write this.....i.e.between 4 and 8pm.. almost 4 hours today of errors, ....error msgs since I signed on.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/13/2002 7:59:38 PM RealityCheck wrote:

Can we take up a collection or put the proceeds of t-shirts/merchndse sales to fixing or buying a new board server?It has been absolutely terrible all week long..example today...no posting ability for 4 hrs, judging by the last post and the current time as I write this.....i.e.between 4 and 8pm.. almost 4 hours today of errors, ....error msgs since I signed on.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Not only do you cry about work you have to cry about the message board. Perhaps you need to find a hobby! Or maybe a new computer??????

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/14/2002 2:44:51 AM RumorS wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
[/blockquote]

Not only do you cry about work you have to cry about the message board. Perhaps you need to find a hobby! Or maybe a new computer??????
----------------
[/blockquote]

You seem to operate your life with a candy store head in sand mentality. And without looking at all the facts. There was an 'unheard of' 7 hour gap in messages, past to recent,during Friday which supports my earlier comment. I'm certain these folks know this, and it's maybe careless but not deliberate on their part.

If people//organizations are going to run//sponsor a business//forum, they need to ensure it runs as smoothly as possible for the convenience of their customers//audience. Common business sense. You dont keep customers,in general, with a shoddy operation(not necessarily directed at forum). Nor do you get improved performance unless you bring things to someones attention. Especially if there is advertising being done to attract revenue. This particular msg board software has had bad server problems since its inception. The admins are aware of it but there are still issues and breakdowns. Not talking momentary. Talking hours at a time.Over the years, I have seen some message boards sponsor fund solicitations or seek contributions to improve their functionability with better software.I was only suggesting the same here. My PC works fine. Sue me. [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/14.gif']

We undoubtedly experienced some major problems in the past 24 hours. There are a few reasons for this but I will not post them here. Let's just say, we were unhappy and concerned as well.

This message board system is probably the best available on the Interent - however, when it comes to upgrading it, 5 minutes never seems to be enough time. There are issues in the upgrading process which causes us the issuance of more grey hair however we are doing our best. When the system is in place, nothing can compare to it's reliability however as I stated, it is the upgrading of it that cause these issues we have been experiencing.

We have everything back into place now and we will be revising our methods of updating the site. This being said, we are asking for your support. We have several plans in place to expand further which would involve bringing on staff another tech support agent that would tend to these problems within minutes. The way it stands now, we have to go through a chain of people - only because we can not do everything ourselves. This site is huge! With the traffic that we are seeing and the activity in the forums alone, is daunting sometimes. 700 people online occasionally is really something!

We could easily go out and get non-aviation related banners on the site to help support us, we could easily cover the site with flashing animated banners as well. This is not our wish, nor is it yours I am sure. We will never charge for access to forums let alone the site. It is free and will remain free. Certain services in time will of course carry a fee but the forums will always remain open.

All that we are asking, is that if you enjoy the site, enjoy reviewing / posting to the forums, then please help support us by purchasing an item in the store. We get a small percentage that will go directly to the operating expenses of this site and server and which will allow us to expand where we can manage more of the day to day issues inhouse rather then relying on others. That's it.

On 9/14/2002 5:02:09 AM RealityCheck wrote:

You dont keep customers,in general, with a shoddy operation(not necessarily directed at forum

Then please go to another board if your not happy.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/15/2002 1:32:39 PM flyonthewall wrote:

You dont keep customers,in general, with a shoddy operation(not necessarily directed at forum

Then please go to another board if your not happy.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Uhhhhhh, when an admin. comes on board and posts recognizing and admitting to such problems(see above by KYLE), then it is more than appropriate to solicit attention to them by the customer, is it not? By your logic, hypothetically, US Airways should NOT come on board and apologize/offer explanation to a passgr for losing their bags 3 trips in a row due to a faulty tag system, after the customer bothers making a formal complaint to anyone about it. And then, US can tell the passgr GO AWAY and not to fly them again if not satisfied with the explanation. What business world do you live in, Mozambique's? Go back to acting out your pseudoname.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/15/2002 2:13:37 PM RealityCheck wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/15/2002 1:32:39 PM flyonthewall wrote: [BR][BR]On 9/14/2002 5:02:09 AM RealityCheck wrote: [BR][BR]You dont keep customers,in general, with a shoddy operation(not necessarily directed at forum[BR][BR][BR][BR]Then please go to another board if your not happy. [BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]Uhhhhhh, when an admin. comes on board and posts recognizing and admitting to such problems(see above by KYLE), then it is more than appropriate to solicit attention to them by the customer, is it not? By your logic, hypothetically, US Airways should NOT come on board and apologize/offer explanation to a passgr for losing their bags 3 trips in a row due to a faulty tag system, after the customer  bothers making a formal complaint to anyone about it. And then, US can tell the passgr GO AWAY and not to fly them again if not satisfied with the explanation. What business world do you live in, Mozambique's? Go back to acting out your pseudoname. [BR][BR]
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]What the f??? US offers a service that is predicated upon a contract. There is no contractual obligation on this board; nor are you, yet, paying for the service. You can always go to Yahoo, ya know. I'm sure you'll find a sympathetic shoulder.[/P]

[blockquote]
----------------

Uhhhhhh, when an admin. comes on board and posts recognizing and admitting to such problems(see above by KYLE), then it is more than appropriate to solicit attention to them by the customer, is it not? By your logic, hypothetically, US Airways should NOT come on board and apologize/offer explanation to a passgr for losing their bags 3 trips in a row due to a faulty tag system, after the customer bothers making a formal complaint to anyone about it. And then, US can tell the passgr GO AWAY and not to fly them again if not satisfied with the explanation. What business world do you live in, Mozambique's? Go back to acting out your pseudoname.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Yes, we will come on board and apologize to the pax!! He PAID for that seat!!! This is a FREE service so your example was not a good one. Perhaps instead of crying on here with your posts you should go purchase a T Shirt to help support US Aviation!!!!!

Sorry English majors, there is advertising by means of items for purchase on this site, it is not a 100pct not for profit site . Just because you dont pay to post a message doesn't mean you dont have a right to speak up about it's faults in order to have those in charge attempt to correct them. Funny Kyle had no problem civially responding to it and taking notice of it, so whats YOURS?. Pre-cable/satellite(when TV was free as you like to emphasize), did TV network show programmers disregarded viewer complaints? No. That's Example 2, care to try again? Maybe in Swahili?

Status
Not open for further replies.