V-2500 Engine Work At Ual

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
The TWU wants us to believe that AMFA is to blame for the V-2500 Engine work outsource. Check these facts. The work was outsourced under the IAM in June of 2001. And then the IAM negotiated a concession that now excludes Heavy Maintenance from their 20% outsource cap.

How does the TWU expect AMFA to fight this outsource, when the IAM actually screwed their own members in 2001 and even more on the way out the door?

See the Actual Press Release Here

Press Release

Mark Sullivan
UTC Chalet #A-420
33-1-58-79-10-02
USA: 860-565-9600

United Awards Multi-Year Maintenance Contracts to Pratt & Whitney

EAST HARTFORD, Conn., June 18, 2001 -- United Air Lines, Inc. (UAL) has signed multi-year agreements with Pratt & Whitney Aftermarket Services to provide engine maintenance on the airline’s JT8D-, JT9D-, CFM56- and V2500-powered aircraft. The agreements cover approximately 400 engines and have an estimated value of $400 million.

The contracts include:

A five-year contract to provide engine maintenance for the airline’s JT8D-powered 727 and 737 fleet.
A four-year contract to provide engine maintenance for the airline’ JT9D-powered 767 fleet.
A four-year contract to provide engine maintenance for the airline’s V2500-powered A319 and A320 fleets.
A four-year contract to provide engine maintenance for off-load volumes of the airline’s CFM56-powered 737 fleet.
Pratt & Whitney’s engine overhaul centers in Georgia, Connecticut and Norway will perform the maintenance work.
“With UAL’s San Francisco Maintenance Center exiting the JT8D and JT9D engine overhaul business, we are extremely pleased that they have chosen Pratt & Whitney to maintain these engines,†said Bob Leduc, Pratt & Whitney Chief Operating Officer. “In addition, UAL has awarded us the opportunity to continue to prove our competitiveness and reliability in maintaining non-Pratt engines.â€
“United is excited to have reached such an extensive agreement for engine maintenance with one of our key business partners,†said Andy Studdert, United Airlines Chief Operating Officer. “This transaction supports our plan of allowing United’s San Francisco engine shop to remain at capacity maintaining the newer technology engines while reducing the cost of engine visits already being performed elsewhere. Concluded with the assistance of Mercer Management Consulting, these contracts ensure that United will receive quality service at competitive prices.â€

Pratt & Whitney Aftermarket Services offers overhaul and repair services at nearly 30 locations around the world. In addition, it offers fleet, material and inventory management programs to both commercial and military customers.

Pratt & Whitney, a United Technologies Company (NYSE:UTX), is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, space propulsion systems and industrial gas turbines.

Would one of you TWU stooges like to explain this latest lie you propagated?

I'm curious, are you advocating a do nothing attitude? Farm-outs - farm-outs its not my fault blame someone else!!!!! Gave us a break!!! Go back to your office!!!!!

Checking it Out said:
I'm curious, are you advocating a do nothing attitude? Farm-outs - farm-outs its not my fault blame someone else!!!!! Gave us a break!!! Go back to your office!!!!!

Now wait a minute CIO. You TWU SUPPORTERS are always blaming AMFA of being the cause of all farm out at NWA,SWA,UAL...et al.
When proved wrong you want a break?

Checking it Out said:
Hell no I am not advocating a do nothing attitude.

I am placing your crediblity along with the TWU right where it belongs, in the toilet!

Is is intersting, you propgate a lie, and then when called on it, you try to twist our factual answer into a position paper. Do you really think the readers and members are that stupid, that they will not easily see through your lies and smoke screen?

What are your outsource numbers and what is the exact source of your data? I will go research your claim, and show you are a liar or at least to inept to be our leaders once again!

Next card signer and AMFA voter step forward please!

CIO, this latest lie on UAL engine outsource ranks up there in the top ten TWU-LIES, right up there with the claim that this is an altered picture:

coffin1.jpg

Checking it Out said:
TWU informer,

Good post!!!
Tell the 'TRUTH'!!! and the 'TRUTH' will set you free!!!

CIO,
Is that your retort to the 'TRUTH'?
You would serve your organization better if you did not post at all!!!

Credibility Suicide.................One Post At A Time!!!

Take Care,
:up: UAL_TECH

Why is that the TWU faithful avoid these fact based threads and keep moving the playground up to the top?

Checking it Out said:
They did fight it, but unfortunately with IAM Language.

So they lost, but at least they fought. Who do you respect more in a fight? The one who curls up in a ball and begs for mercy or the one who although he fought back lost? My father always taught me, if you cant avoid the fight, better to at least do a little damage to the other guy than hope that he has mercy.

The do nothing blame somone else tactic is the TWUs, like the Charlotte manning situation. So why isnt Charlotte staffed yet? What kind of deal did the International make on that one?

I would like to know what cio thought AMFA was going to do about it when the company is in bankruptcy. The twu already convinced everyone that it's a no win situation and the iam gave that work away in 2001.

Any day now CIO is going to get back with his reply. I heard he emailed Luby for a response, usually takes 48 hours for Luby to make something up. :lol: