Vatican Study

Same place he came up with the notion that calling homosexuality deviant in the same paragraph as bestiality and pedophilia was in no way derogatory toward gays.

Reactions: 3 people
Deviant is NOT a dirty word. I'm a deviant. My taste in music is preferred by one half of one percent of listeners. People deviate from a great many norms. Another deviant pattern on my part is that 66.2% of all Audi TT's sold in the US are painted a Sliver Metallic color, while mine in a deep green favored by 2.3% of Audi Buyers. So once again I deviate from the norm, which also makes me a discriminating buyer.

Words mean things it's unfortunate that thanks to the Government run schools we're a nation of illiterates. The purpose of language is to illuminate not obfuscate not that you'd know that given the current political climate. We now have words like "Mediscare" thanks to our Progressives who should really be called Regressives as if we continue to follow their policies we'll be back in loin cloths with caves for home, but hey Little Billy's self esteem will be intact and Tarzan can take it in the seat legally.
If all decided to start buying deep green, you would be buying "Sliver Metallic" [sic].

Anti-establishment is your cause/belief.

If your view of establishment became the norm, you would still be anti-establishment.

Reactions: 1 person
If all decided to start buying deep green, you would be buying "Sliver Metallic" [sic].

If your view of establishment became the norm, you would still be anti-establishment.

Perhaps, but I sincerely doubt it. Truth is I'm a Borderline Anarchist

Reactions: 1 person

I decided to revise and extend my remarks.

I am for Freedom and Liberty of the INDIVIDUAL, every time, all the time and that means that I'm anti-establishment by default!

A Libertarian POV doesn't yield to popular culture, it adheres to the words and deeds of the Founding Fathers. Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Ben Franklin are the basis for these beliefs!

I yield back the rest of my time

I decided to revise and extend my remarks.

I am for Freedom and Liberty of the INDIVIDUAL, every time, all the time and that means that I'm anti-establishment by default!

A Libertarian POV doesn't yield to popular culture, it adheres to the words and deeds of the Founding Fathers. Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Ben Franklin are the basis for these beliefs!

I yield back the rest of my time
So if being a Libertarian was popular culture, you would be against it. :unsure:

Reactions: 2 people
So if being a Libertarian was popular culture, you would be against it. :unsure:

Can't say! However I sure would like to find out!!

As to the Anarchist comment, I think anyone who favors individual freedom and liberty to the extent that I do must have a streak of anarchy lurking about. I don't think anarchy is a yes or no thing although I get your point.

A common misconception with Libertarians is that we are against ALL government which is really untrue. A quick and imperfect example would be ObamaCare as compared to RommneyCare in Mass. One program is Federal and the other is state run. Libertarians REJECT ObamaCare in the harshest terms. They may oppose RommneyCare based upon it's merits but generally believe that such things belong at the state level and it's voters to decide. Another example is the recently upheld AZ Immigration law.

They are dam near the same thing.

Except for ONE key difference and that is one is Federal and one isn't. I personally Do NOT believe that universal health care is within the role of the Federal Government as defined by the COTUS. Libertarians, in general have a very narrow read of the COTUS.

I must have missed the part where something clearly (according to libertarians) states that it is the states rights.

Reactions: 3 people
I must have missed the part where something clearly (according to libertarians) states that it is the states rights.

I never mentioned it, as I assumed that you knew that. None the less we are all clear now. When some one asks me what a Libertarian believes I try to give a short semi humorous answer like these:

Libertarians believe the role of the Federal Government is to maintain the Military and deliver the mail and you'll get some pushback from some over the mail.

Libertarians believe that the rights of the individual supersede the rights of the government.

Libertarians want the Democrats out of our wallet and the Republicans out of our bedroom.