Veteran's Day 2003

extwacaptain

Aug 20, 2002
Visit site
Tomorrow being Veteran's Day, please permit this question.

How many others who have served in our military feel a sense of guilt to those who made the supreme sacrifice?

Those of us who were fortunate enough to serve, and return, will always have an obligation to make certain that the loss of those lives was not in vain.

If the world is "Not a better place" (and it IS, thanks to our fallen comrades), it is not the fault of the Democrats, nor the Republicans.

It is OUR fault.

Randy Kramer

Let us do all we can to support those currently deployed. If you haven't already, please spread the word about HeroMilesOrg
It is with a heavy heart that I think of those who will give the ultimate sacrifice and may not be with us next Veterans day. To all the Vets out there Thank You!

HeroMilesOrg

As a nam era vet (64-67), I salute my younger bretheren of today.
MAY GOD BLESS OUR YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN AND BRING THEM ALL HOME SAFELY.

s80dude,

I too enquired to Customer Service via email about AA starting a program for the current men and women serving in Iraq when Delta announced their program. The response I received gave a fairly strong indication that they (AA) were going through the process of setting this program up.

Today would be a great day announce the initiation of that program at AA. I know there are lots of AAdvantage members who would like the opportunity to provide a ticket home to these fine folks who put it on the line every day.

Extwacaptain,

I share your sentiment that we all should be thankful and remember the sacrifices of those young men and women who were lost defending our nation and it's values. War is a terrible thing and the older I get the more amazed I am at the level of personal sacrifice the men and women of our armed forces make to help defend our freedom.

A pass program for active duty service members would be a good thing.

Good PR and good intro to potential lifetime customers.

I still remember and appreciate the kindness offered to me when I was in.

:(

extwacaptain,

I understand.

I submitted my retirement paperwork 8 Sep 01. Like many others, I was horrified to learn some of my former co-workers were on AA11 or AA77.

Over Memorial Day, I participated in an event at my church along with a WWII Marine. Of his original company (roughly 120 Marines) which went to the Pacific theater in 1942, he was one of five who survived the war. He told me he still wonders why he survived and the others didn't.

I never served in combat. The unit I retired from is in the Middle East and I fear for them constantly. May God be with them and all others at this time!

Latest posts

Back