vultures are circling

Wow these analyst are really smart.

UAL goes out of business= good for toher airlines

How about:

Lowes goes out of business= good for Home Depot

Burger King our of Busines= good for McDonalds.

The vultures may be circling but unfortunately the entire flock of vultures is penniless. That may be the only thing that is good for UAL right now. In better times the banks might have more options. However, with war on the horizon I do not think the liquidation is something that is going to happen overnight.

Fly UAL the number 1 on-time airline in 2002!

when war starts liquidation could very well happen to the weakest
of the carriers like maybe UAL.Didnt the 91 gulf war cause a large
drop in passengers??

Maybe SWA will buy you. Hear a rumor that Skywest ($600 Million in the bank) might be interested in parts of U. Hope it work out for you all.

What are UA's assets worth?

South America= worthless, anyone can fly to Brazil and Argentina if they want.

NRT= $1,000,000,000, if you can get it, Do DAL or AA have this much spare cash around(BIG IF).

LHR= $600,000,000, CAL and DAL are the 2 main airlines interested but again the price may not be right.

ORD, LGA, DCA slots are worth lots but will be most wanted assets UA has.

Maybe AA will buy UAL using TWU Concession Financing and then the APA/APFA/TWU will screw you out of your seniority, like they have done to others.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/20/2003 8:33:27 PM wts54 wrote:

when war starts liquidation could very well happen to the weakest
of the carriers like maybe UAL.Didnt the 91 gulf war cause a large
drop in passengers??
----------------
[/blockquote]

In the European market only.

Maybe AA will buy UAL using TWU Concession Financing and then the APA/APFA/TWU will screw you out of your seniority, like they have done to others.

..at this point its all about survival of the fittist..
AAs offer to breathe life into otherwize dead TWA employees for an extra year or so enabled many to continue collecting a paycheck...(and a somewhat larger one at that)..rather than collecting unemployement..we have all been"screwed"over the state of things as they are ..so I suggest you move on..

I assure you,if the time come United finds itself selling assets-offers like that of AAs will be nowhere in sight...