"waiving" $100 Change Fee For A Schedule Change?

First, I would like to apologize for the poor choice of words in first post.

Now as someone above said: The bottom line.
There are airlines that are making money and there are airlines that are not. There must be a reason. The policies/procedures/culture of US has carried us into bankruptcy. TWICE. I am not surprised that there are a large number of employees that defend the way of thinking that brought us here. Not surprised but sad.

bobcat said:
Bottom line is one ticket has absolutely nothing to do with the other. A schedule change on one ticket does not constitute a change fee waiver on another ticket if there is going to be a misconnect. The agent did you a favor, period. Next time, if there is a next time, do yourself a favor and save yourself money, aggravation and time and book on the same ticket.
[post="227596"][/post]​

As I wrote before, I cannot book both destinations on the same ticket because they must be submitted for reimbursement separately.

What you're saying is that there is no incentive to choose US for *both* tickets. If they're as separate as apples and oranges, I could fly Continental to BWI.

Originally I chose US primarily because they have a non-stop flight in the morning from LGA to BWI and because I thought it would be more convenient to have both tickets on the same airline.

Now that US has dropped that flight from the schedule, forcing me to take a connection to reach BWI in the morning, I will (in your words) "next time, if there is a next time, do yourself a favor" book the other ticket on another airline. Heck, maybe I'll book both tickets on another airline.

It's not always the customer trying to get one up on the airline. USAIRWAYS.COM has booked several of my tickets with individual point to point fares rather than the fare from my origin city to the destination city. USAIRWAYS.com doesn't explain that is what is happening. When I have had problems with changes in schedules, they have never given me a problem in changing the flight without a charge. USAIRWAYS.COM has also booked illegal connections and US has changed the time without charge.

They keep pushing USAIRWAYS.COM and it just doesn't work as good or as hard as the people in Res.

US1YFARE said:
They keep pushing USAIRWAYS.COM and it just doesn't work as good or as hard as the people in Res.
[post="227637"][/post]​
Thanks for recognizing the people in Res for the good hard work we do!

US1YFARE said:
USAIRWAYS.COM has booked several of my tickets with individual point to point fares rather than the fare from my origin city to the destination city. USAIRWAYS.com doesn't explain that is what is happening.
[post="227637"][/post]​

Perhaps the point to point fare was cheaper? USAIRWAYS.COM might be terrible but I think it is capable of putting together point to point fares that are cheaper than through fares. If you click on the fare rules you can tell that it was constructed point to point instead of through.

Finish or Ignore said:
"Maybe the agent was trying to avoid the escalated situation because they knew they were putting their rear end on the line and didn't it going to a sup and risk getting in trouble. How about thanks for doing something you shouldn't have done and risking getting fired?"

The agent would not have been in trouble. They were following the rules. Maybe JS should think about buying the ticket for the trip they are traveling instead of trying to break the fare system. A "sup" would have told JS the same thing.

Not to mention all the back to back travelers out there. And yes, they ALL mess up eventually to the tune of several hundred dollars because again, they are trying to get around the system.

With that said, I don't think the fares should be that high that people have to do this. But if they are going to, assume the responsibility for the decision they made. JS is but one of thousands. ats2485_banana.gif

Schatzee said:
Finish or Ignore said:
The agent would not have been in trouble. They were following the rules. Maybe JS should think about buying the ticket for the trip they are traveling instead of trying to break the fare system. A "sup" would have told JS the same thing.

The agent was not following "the rules". They should have charged a change fee and took it upon themselves to waive something that according to company policy should not have been waived. Now, if you work in res, this can most certainly come back to bite you in the rear end and yes, they could have gotten in trouble. Come hell or high water, if you try to be customer service oriented this company will find a way to back you into a corner and force you to be anything but.

Not to mention all the back to back travelers out there. And yes, they ALL mess up eventually to the tune of several hundred dollars because again, they are trying to get around the system.

It's too bad the morons who make the decisions about fare rules have not figured out the advantage to "simple is best".

With that said, I don't think the fares should be that high that people have to do this. But if they are going to, assume the responsibility for the decision they made. JS is but one of thousands. View attachment 2257
[post="227692"][/post]​

The fares are the fares. No one will listen to reason in this company. They will sell $29 ow fares but charge someone going from CLT to EWR $1200.00 rt for a last minute ticket. Perhaps they would make more money if they lower the high end tickets to $600 rt and sell more seats last minute. It never made sense to me and never will make sense.

Could you imagine this conversation over at WN? It sounds like 10 theologians discussing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

As Art has pointed out, IT'S THE FARES, STUPID!

Something this arcane and convoluted is bound to have different interpretations, resulting in defensive agents and pissed-off customers.

Think about the costs and ill-will this generates.

Surely there is something simpler and transparent...but wait, WN is already doing that.

With all due respect to rez and ato, the Palace has placed you in an impossible situation. You are expected to master and implement the 'rules', and then get your a$$ handed to you when you do. All due to inconsistent enforcement, due to too many arcane 'gotcha's' that enrage the customer.

Other than the girl watching, I NEVER regretted leaving c/s.

tadjr said:
Just happened to check fares for someone tonight....
TPA-BNA US has 18 fares still
WN------ Just 4
Amazing isnt it?
[post="228038"][/post]​

18 fares and all the idiotic rules that go along with them. As I kinda said, not amazing just sad.

Schatzee said:

With that said, I don't think the fares should be that high that people have to do this. But if they are going to, assume the responsibility for the decision they made. JS is but one of thousands. View attachment 2257
[post="227692"][/post]​

For the second time... booking two tickets via BWI COSTS MORE MONEY.

JS said:
For the second time... booking two tickets via BWI COSTS MORE MONEY.
[post="228481"][/post]​

JS, give it up. The fact that you stated openly that the tickets had to be booked separately due to your company's reimbursement rules and that you paid more than if single booked is of no consequence. The experts have decided that you did it deliberately to try to cheat US out of revenue.