Wall Street See Problems

Doc

Veteran
Jul 15, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Service is getting so bad that people will fly other airlines to avoid USAirways.
To say that service is as good as other airlines hasen't been in a USAirways line or forced to a kiosk. There is no help at the gates short F/A's short people at the counters USAirways needs to shore up these front line employees and treat there front line better so that a customer can get service with a smile not from somebody who looks at you an says next what do you want I'm off in 5 mins............
All the CEO sees is cutting more cost instead of makeing people want to fly USAirways. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

Wall Street analysts grilled US Airways executives on the conference call about the company's strategy, with one analyst saying it was not possible to shrink the airline and remain dominant simultaneously.

Discount carrier Southwest Airlines (LUV), which has among the lowest costs in the industry, has unit costs in the range of 6 cents, as does JetBlue Airways (JBLU). Delta's new low-cost subsidiary, Song, has unit costs in the range of 7 cents.

``I'm concerned that they haven't returned to profitability,'' Blaylock & Partners analyst Ray Neidl said of US Airways. ``They restructured their costs, and they still lost money in what's supposed to be one of their better quarters.''

With all of the pax flying now compared to last year, I'd have to suspect that we are probably making money. I'd say this because we have heavy load and full airplanes. I think that the ccy thieves and the harvard dude that calls himself dave siegal are just caught up in way too much greed for themselves!

I read the wallstreet spin on the 3rd Qtr results. Washington Post, Charlotte Observer, Philadelphia Inquirer, Wallstreet Journal & Pittsburgh Post Gazette. Most of the Analysts were very unimpressed with the results. (shock)

Remember just a year and a half ago when all the "experts" thought America West was toast? They have restructured the right way and have a management team that is committed to be successful. They even experiment with fares. (dig)

It is clear that no one on wallstreet is pleased with our progress. One analyst even went so far as to state that we needed to enter chapter 11 again to do the 2nd time what should have been completed already. (I also wonder why so little debt was taken off the books)

I think we are all getting tired of waiting. Enough already. Bring on the United merger after they come out of BK, sell it to Virgin Atlantic, or get the heck out of town! Tell us what the plan is Dave. I know that Bronner is an impatient man and already probably is mad he got suckered into this mess.

When Siegel said that "I am the last CEO US Airways will ever have". I didn't realize it was a threat. (dumb of me)

I also wish to add a line that our fearless leader used yesterday. Dave the job you are doing "is simply not acceptable".

Fatherknowsbest said:
I also wish to add a line that our fearless leader used yesterday. Dave the job you are doing "is simply not acceptable".
I am sorry which fearless leader was this?
I love the sound of it however.

Dave knows what's going on out here in our world. The fact is he just doesn't want to make amends with the workforce, because it's not part of their plan. You would think that after all of the concessions we as employees gave, he would be trying to work WITH us instead of against. We had no choice but to step up to the plate because of the threats to liquidate. It just doesn't make logical sense that to this day we are fighting to hold on to bits and pieces of our contracts which this management agreed to during two rounds of concessions.

As for Dr. Bonner...well I sincerely believe he is pulling the strings. If he wanted U to succeed he would've stopped this madness a long time ago. Siegel isn't going anywhere, they have a plan. Unfortunately we as employees aren't a part of it. :(

I've heard recently that even with this loss that we posted, we still have something along the lines of 1 or 2 billion in the bank? if it is true, why is it that we couldn't get more by way of doing something along the lines of what America West and see if that may help? Also if bronner is tired of what our "crooked leader" is doing, just how much convinceing do we as employees do to get the "crooked leader" and
his gang of ccy thieves out? may be we could get someone like Gordon Bethune of Co to help turn this outfit into a fighting machine!

The reason Dave can't see the problem is because, he still thinks he works for
avis_logo.jpg
!! I guess he forgot to bring the slogan "We try Harder" with him to US Airways.

Fatherknowsbest Posted on Oct 23 2003, 03:48 PM
Tell me FLY, why is Dutta on the U Board? You do remember him don't you?

Yipes! I sure do remember him.....he's the one who was going to have a non stop from Chicago to Delhi so that he could go home to visit his relatives during the holidays. And he's the one who decided that we would drop the London/Delhi route because ......well, come to think of it, there are thousands of Indians in London............so I haven't a clue why he would drop that route. Maybe because that plane was always full?

Dang, I miss him. His incredible planning skills ensured that I could pass ride effectively. Now that the planes are always full I have to use Delta ff miles to commute to work (sigh).