War Plane Museum Yhm

N2

Apr 7, 2003
For those of you in Southern Ontario looking for a place to fly I suggest you make an outing and visit the War Plane Heritage Museum in Hamilton. I was there for the first time myself the other day and what a great way to spend a day! The older gents there are full of fantastic stories and are more than happy to answer any questions a person may have regarding certain aircraft. The Lancaster was really something to see as was the restoration job in progress on the Bolingbroke (not sure of the correct spelling). My family got my father a ride in the Stearman for his 80th birthday present and according to him that’s flying at it's best. He suggested that everyone should experience that type of flying at least once in their life. A radial engine, open cockpit and fabric is heaven to him. I guess you could expect such a response from someone who learned to fly with the RCAF in a Tiger Moth. Anyways just thought I would mention this destination to everyone in hopes that we all can share the precious memories museums like this hold! The only draw back to a visit like this is it makes it kind of sad to think we missed the most exciting era of aviation. :up:

PS There is a landing fee in YHM and I wish they would wave it in support of the WPHM.