Ward running for President again?

You and Nancy keep talking about this "flying fewer days and making more (or the same amount of) money." I do not see how this is possible. We are paid on an hourly rate, and if you fly more, you earn more. With the disparity in pay rates, I do not see how this is possible.

I am sure IFFA was great, but didn't you throw them out in favor of IAM?

P.S. It is a little late, at this point, to cast a ballot in the negotiating team elections.

We didn't have the "sits" you all have and we had the option of allowing longer turns. Our most senior trip was a LAX-IAD turn. Our long turns didn't have multiple legs. ( just out and back) We were qualified on all equipment so picking up was easier + the ability to pick up intn. was always available with cross utilization. STL-SJU was another great utilization. We also had stinker trips. Trust me there were some real dogs. I think a f/as mantra is always, "the bids couldn't be worse". There were trips for those wanting layovers but while my children were growing up I only wanted the long turns. Minimum time on the property. I chose not to fly high time as mothering was my first priority. 12 day spreads (in a row) was another plus. Also vacation flying. We had "pure lines" and none of the restrictions of trip value when trading. Some of our provisions your starting to see. Trading up to the minute of check in..(saved several who forgot their passports or were running late) Perfect attendance bonus payments were paid for by the savings generated by better utilization. We we were first acquired I sent our contract to quite a few AA f/as for comparison.

IFFA was raided by the IAM after our very long and contentious strike. (I was "out" from 3-86 thru 5-88) The "boys" promised CLOUT and the rest was history. After a few "white ballot" votes I became an agency fee member. I was also a strong supporter of CPFA who was formed as an independent union, (and lost by a few votes during the representation election) I believe in independent unions....surprised? lol

I was privy to the conference call and several others. We had a participatory management agreement that forged strong ties. Jane Allen is far from stupid. Cunning is a better description. We knocked heads on several occasions. My "boss" used to get very nervous when we were in the same room. Jane made several comments that would not have looked good in court. Too bad they were never taped (with her permission of course). You will learn that I would never make a statement about that time without having personal knowledge.

Keep your finger crossed for the vote count...Go Dixie!

That is one difference between the ex-TWA fa's and here....we don't want transcon turns. Period. Just like we didn't want preferential bidding in 93. (Supposedly Northwest fa's love it). What works at one airline doesn't work everywhere else.

We didn't have the "sits" you all have and we had the option of allowing longer turns. Our most senior trip was a LAX-IAD turn. Our long turns didn't have multiple legs. ( just out and back) We were qualified on all equipment so picking up was easier + the ability to pick up intn. was always available with cross utilization. STL-SJU was another great utilization. We also had stinker trips. Trust me there were some real dogs. I think a f/as mantra is always, "the bids couldn't be worse". There were trips for those wanting layovers but while my children were growing up I only wanted the long turns. Minimum time on the property. I chose not to fly high time as mothering was my first priority. 12 day spreads (in a row) was another plus. Also vacation flying. We had "pure lines" and none of the restrictions of trip value when trading. Some of our provisions your starting to see. Trading up to the minute of check in..(saved several who forgot their passports or were running late) Perfect attendance bonus payments were paid for by the savings generated by better utilization. We we were first acquired I sent our contract to quite a few AA f/as for comparison.

IFFA was raided by the IAM after our very long and contentious strike. (I was "out" from 3-86 thru 5-88) The "boys" promised CLOUT and the rest was history. After a few "white ballot" votes I became an agency fee member. I was also a strong supporter of CPFA who was formed as an independent union, (and lost by a few votes during the representation election) I believe in independent unions....surprised? lol

I was privy to the conference call and several others. We had a participatory management agreement that forged strong ties. Jane Allen is far from stupid. Cunning is a better description. We knocked heads on several occasions. My "boss" used to get very nervous when we were in the same room. Jane made several comments that would not have looked good in court. Too bad they were never taped (with her permission of course). You will learn that I would never make a statement about that time without having personal knowledge.

Keep your finger crossed for the vote count...Go Dixie!

01 never said that any of what the TW flight attendants had was the industry gold standard, she was just answering the question of how do you fly fewer days, but make more money. Transcon turns is one way.

Ok Jersey, speak for yourself. Just because you don't want transcon turns, doesn't mean no one else wouldn't like them. My advise don't bid what you don't like and let those would would love the chance to have it. I hate all nighters, and I don't bid them.

Yep..No legend. The Company was astonished that an item that was not on the table was "offered". Of course the company could have said, "No thank you. That is unethical and obscene."...lol They took the "gift" and laughed all the way to the bank.

Sad, but true. John Ward has proven himself to be mean-spirited. Giving away furlough pay and not asking for anything in return was pure evil. Just because he he hated the TWA people , who had lost their company through no fault of their own. No sympathy, no nothing.

He has proven that if anybody dares to defy him, they will have hell to pay. And now there is no fight left with the TWA people, guess who will be next. Please do not give this man any power.

That is one difference between the ex-TWA fa's and here....we don't want transcon turns. Period. Just like we didn't want preferential bidding in 93. (Supposedly Northwest fa's love it). What works at one airline doesn't work everywhere else.
I am not a flight attendant so I can not speak for them. But I am in crew Schedule and I do see what they like and do not like to fly. I believe flight attendants who want to fly High Time would love Trans Con turns. Just like the ones who oly want the rocket to South American and those who want the 2 day London. Lots of hours in the minimum amount of days.

I also have a question for some of you. Has anyone had the honor to work with JW on the line sincec he was voted out of office. And if so, How is he treated on the line and is he a good flight attendant?

Offered it up, no credit. It was done to cause the maximum amount of harm to the most senior furloughed from the TWA ranks. Hardest to reemployee and up to 49 years of airline f/a seniority.
The ultimate "gotcha".

On a conference call after the RPA, Jane Allen was actually laughing about the "gift".

In this early 2003 thread, Kirkpatrick's leadoff post mentioned that the furlough pay was valued at $6 million:

http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php...ative+agreement

Just like the $7 million saved by elimination of FA meals - the APFA could have substituted lower hourly pay instead but chose to preserve pay rather than cut pay even more to give some to the furloughed.

Ok Jersey, speak for yourself. Just because you don't want transcon turns, doesn't mean no one else wouldn't like them. My advise don't bid what you don't like and let those would would love the chance to have it. I hate all nighters, and I don't bid them.

sorry...

No further extension of duty time, flying time on domestic...period.
Domestic days can be brutal enough when the start topping out 8 plus and 13 hrs duty.

Further productivity gains cant just be given away.

There are folks on the street that would like to come back to work.

JMO

It does sound like her, but Jane is far from being an idiot. She might not know much about Flight Service, but she was a good negotiator and a good lawyer before that...

Was that before ........ or after ........ she secured her pension ............... at your expense.

R.P.A.

Nancy at least we had a tough Union IFFA and we always got something back in return. Maybe our pay was not the same as AA pay rates, but our work rules allowed us to make the same money with more days off.

We never needed a trader to get rid of our trips or pick up. I could fly 80 hour in 12-13 day's and have the rest of the month off. Our trading was so simple and AA is so complicated. I had to pay a trader at AA to make my line work for me. There is so much they could learn from us.

P.S. VOTE FOR DIXIE DANIELS FOR YOUR NEGOTIATING TEAM.
Hello .... FYI ..... This is AA and we dont want to fly like dogs to get our time in..... I'm sure the company wants that...we dont....
Also if you want to fly like that... you can... there are lines built to 80 hrs in 11 or 12 days...
Thanks but no thanks !!!

You are so way off base with this one it is unblieveable. It was JW and only JW that disbanded the APFA merger committee whereupon he took charge after the merger committee had promised "no stapling." It is totally JW's idea. AA wanted slotting. The guy is a first class sleeze and liar.
Why didn't good old AA slot the agents in??? They stapled them to the bottom... Hmmmmm...

Back