We made a profit;when do we get the 5% back?

diogenes

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Does anyone know if the latest ''profit'' was pre or post-tax? If pre, do we get our 5% back, per the war/terrorism contingency clause? Inquiring minds want to know!

And how will they explain to members of Congress
that after receiving the 900 million, they cut more jobs and placed a large order FOREIGN made airplanes? Wasn''t that money meant to save jobs?

Just how do you think the airline is going to pay for the big r/j order? Not to mention the mgt.retention program for the new v.p.'s for the r/j's.How can the company show a profit with all this new debt?

It''s all about money. As long as they can take from us and slap themselves on the back for it in the boardroom, it will keep happening.
They couldn''t care less about an employee.

A320 Driver

GIVE IT BACK!!!!!

----------------
On 5/12/2003 9:03:25 PM cat 111 wrote:

Just how do you think the airline is going to pay for the big r/j order?
----------------​
let me see,5% times 30000 employees...duh...........................

----------------
On 5/12/2003 6:52:35 PM diogenes wrote:

Does anyone know if the latest ''profit'' was pre or post-tax? If pre, do we get our 5% back, per the war/terrorism contingency clause? Inquiring minds want to know!

----------------​
pre tax,however...deduct the ever present pretax sooper dooper doo dee waa waa irs surcharge for the next 5 years at least...then we get it in little installments...does your contract specify how it will be returned,specifically?

----------------

Does anyone know if the latest 'profit' was pre or post-tax? If pre, do we get our 5% back, per the war/terrorism contingency clause? Inquiring minds want to know!
9.gif

----------------​

you said you are involved with your union so why are you asking us?

Hey Newman, a boeing plane is not 100% american made or manufactured and there is no United States produced RJ.

AFA has already posed the questions to management on how these monies will be returned back to the employees including those who resign, terminate or get furloughed. Will it be lump sum, or monthly...just what is mangement's intent. I was told by a mangement person, that this deferral will get included in mangement's FAE for retirment purposes for 2003 and 2004. Management will not admit if they will do the same for AFA or IAM.

So far...mums the word from mangement.

When they let AFA know, I will post it here.

----------------
On 5/13/2003 1:49:19 PM sabre wrote:

----------------

----------------​

----------------​
------------------------------------------------------------

The unions have posed the question to the Palace; waiting for the answer

----------------
On 5/14/2003 11:49:36 AM diogenes wrote:

----------------
On 5/13/2003 1:49:19 PM sabre wrote:

----------------

----------------​

----------------​
------------------------------------------------------------

The unions have posed the question to the Palace; waiting for the answer

----------------​

That''s pretty sad.

so the I''ll Ask Management Union has again did exactly that...I''ll Ask Management.
Do you see?

love,

Joesy, (one of the all time great movies, in my view. "Whupped 'em again, Joesy")

Note the icons I used in the original post - the question was intended to be ironic - perhaps I was too subtle for my own good.

More than one union is posing this question to management. Do you really think the Palace is going to say "ohmigod, of course we'll give the 5% back?" Also, I haven't seen any union at any property perform much better or worse than another during the last 2 years - even ALPA is taking an whipping.

I don't think for a minute this management team would post a profit that would cut short the 5% extraction. Moreover, if they did, they'd claim some technicalitiy, and the thing would be in court forever.

We share many of the same issues regarding the IAM. I just don't think AMFA/AGW is the solution - I view them as distractions hindering us from reforming the IAM and bearing down on management. I am fully aware the IAM Politburo stacks the deck for District elections, and squashed bylaw proposals at the last convention. That pisses me off, too. I also know there is a surprising number of IAM folks holding positions of influence that think the slate is appalling.

Rome wasn't built in a day, brother, and repairing this union will take time as well.