We need MORE of this!

delldude said:
You posted a broad heart touching vision of fed jobs and wages across the board. 
Looks like BS unless you go full monty above a Masters Degree
Feel free to post those jobs here for all to apply. They would be on USAJobs.

Let me know when you find one that pays wages above private sector like those in that chart (what is the source of that chart?) remember that most require a minimum secret clearance (public trust type), must pass a drug screen, and have a minimum of a 4-year degree. Almost every job now also goes to veterans due to the Obama EO for veteran preference.

We would have a better system for ATC & TSA if private companies provided those services. The private companies that provide air service should pay for security, air traffic control and the like. Beyond setting standards (FAR'S) and rules there really is no valid reason for the Feds to actually run the system.

Glenn Quagmire said:
Feel free to post those jobs here for all to apply. They would be on USAJobs.

Let me know when you find one that pays wages above private sector like those in that chart (what is the source of that chart?) remember that most require a minimum secret clearance (public trust type), must pass a drug screen, and have a minimum of a 4-year degree. Almost every job now also goes to veterans due to the Obama EO for veteran preference.

CBO

http://reason.com/blog/2012/11/19/mythbusting-federal-workers-are-not-unde

http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2013/04/the_federal_pay.html

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I believe what I want to believe. Simple as that. If you can't understand that I don't know what to tell you.

What if I am wrong? 

Brainwashed is allowing yourself to be controlled through peer pressure. .

Most people prove their "point" by supplying "proof" to the mentally lazy. Most people will accept anything someone presents them as a fact without verifying it or questioning the source of the information.

I wish I could say the same. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1N6961qOis

SparrowHawk said:
We would have a better system for ATC & TSA if private companies provided those services. The private companies that provide air service should pay for security, air traffic control and the like. Beyond setting standards (FAR'S) and rules there really is no valid reason for the Feds to actually run the system.
Not sure how that would work in reality.  The US ATC system is huge, quite complex and very expensive.  One company would be hard pressed to run the entire thing with out jacking up the costs dramatically.  Multiple small companies would have different standards and protocols making travel potentially less safe.  Then there would be the cost of monitoring and maintaining compliance.  

Perhaps TSA would work but I do not see it being any more efficient than what we have unless costs go up for better qualified personnel.   

Private is not always better.  I do not think there is a snow balls chance in he!! that a private company could have gone to the moon.  NASA was the only way it was going to happen.  Then there is the cost factor.  Look at the cost overruns of any project whether it be private or government funded.  The F35 is so far in the red it's not even funny and it's being built by a private company.  The Boeing 787 has had significant issues and it has barely entered service.  Not sure I am willing to trust a company that has profit as it's top priority looking out for my safety.  

SparrowHawk said:
We would have a better system for ATC...if private companies provided those services.
Really? Let us know what that would look like.

I am thinking that you and most of the general public have no idea how complex the National Airspace System (NAS) is and what it encompasses.

Private industry already has a huge role in the implementation of NEXGEN, and it is very expensive. All the big players are there. Raytheon, Lockheed-Martin, etc., are all in the mix.

I respect your Libertarian views on this Sparrow, but you could learn a great deal about this and it would change your views.

If you think the military industrial complex is big, just turn over the NAS to the same players.

Glenn Quagmire said:
Evidently, you have never heard of a biography or autobiography. Your ignorance is on full display here.
That is your opinion. Reading about something is not living it. 

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
The world is full of manipulative people that will try to influence and control you.
Glenn Quagmire said:
you could learn a great deal about this and it would change your views.
I am sure you can show him the "right" way to think about it.

He obviously needs correcting.

Stupid libtard.......

I believe what I believe. Simple as that. The world is full of manipulative people that will try to influence and control you. You have to consider what is important to you and what you value and try to walk that path as best as you are able.  If you can't understand that I don't know what to tell you.

What if I am wrong? 

You make a choice and you accept the consequences. Sometimes they are good, sometimes they are not.

No brainwashed is allowing yourself to be controlled through peer pressure. Libtards call that "political correctness".

That's right. MY SIDE.
 I always listen to others opinions. That does not mean I have to agree with them.

Everybody experiences that in their life. People are not static, they change over time and not always for the better.

Most people prove their "point" by supplying "proof" to the mentally lazy. Most people will accept anything someone presents them as a fact without verifying it or questioning the source of the information.

The point of a book is to communicate a concept not life experience.

I wish I could say the same.
Hmmmm. Your first paragraph describes me to a "T", but you act as if you have cornered the market.

As far as being wrong, you are wrong about me. I am not a liberal as you seem to think I am. For the record, most libtards are into animal rights, mirror man!

As you can see, or maybe you can't, it is you that are mentally lazy, or thick headed as the rest know it as.

My point on this whole retarded topic that you started is that we can complain about the able bodied lazy @$$ f*c*s that bleed society dry, but nobody has put a stop to it, so why waste time and bandwidth pointing out the obvious?

The solution is become one of them or STFU about if you can use government funded subsidies and better yourself, everybody else should, too.

Now twist it again, because I haven't gone for the jugular, yet!

I am sure you can show him the "right" way to think about it.

He obviously needs correcting.

Stupid libtard.......
Takes one to know one. Why don't you correct me on animal rights? Do animals have rights or am I allowed to kill them? It is you that needs correcting on your liberal view that animals have rights!

Maybe you should bring up your views at the conservative NRA supporters. Go ahead tell a conservative or republican that animals have rights!

Don't look now, but Dick Cheney is taking aim. And you look like his lawyer.

signals said:
The solution is become one of them or STFU
I choose C. Exposing the welfare fraud for what it is at every opportunity. If 5 people wake up then it was worth my time.

signals said:
 if you can use government funded subsidies and better yourself, everybody else should, too.
Sitting on the couch with no plans, no goals, and no ambitions besides collecting your next handout is not bettering yourself.

signals said:
Now twist it again, because I haven't gone for the jugular, yet!
I really don't care. I am leaving this forum as soon as the "alliance" vote goes through anyway.

signals said:
Do animals have rights or am I allowed to kill them?

Go ahead tell a conservative or republican that animals have rights!
There are a lot of people sitting in jail right now that thought they could mistreat an animal.

Dog Wonder said:
Sounds like mental laziness.
Then again there are exceptions to every rule. Feel free to kick this Dog. 

I really don't care. I am leaving this forum as soon as the "alliance" vote goes through anyway.

There are a lot of people sitting in jail right now that thought they could mistreat an animal.
Whatever the alliance vote is...good riddance!

No, animal abusers get a slap on the wrist and pay a fine. Laws must be tough in Oklahoma, because nobody really gets jail time everywhere else. Animal rights are up PETA's @$$!

Back