weekend ops

gaucho99

Senior
Dec 21, 2006
Take a look at mainline ops for Fri, Sat, Sun.

Friday: 4 flights cancelled out of 1445 scheduled. 82.1 percent on time

Saturday: 4 flts cxld out of 1211 scheduled. On time: 87.0 percent.

Sunday: 3 flts cxld out of 1264 scheduled. On time: 95.6 percent.

All 21 Transatlantic flights from PHL on Sunday departed on time.

Even more shocking...

I spent 6 days in a row on duty from Wednesday May 21 through Memorial Day Monday, May 26, and only had to sit OPR one time during the stretch. I'm certainly not complaining as it was nice to be off for the entire Holiday Weekend, but I thought for sure I'd be flying for the weekend. Looks like we are better covered than everyone is saying...

I had a good start to the month, but am guessing now I won't be making my time for May. Oh well. Still not complaining since I'm sure there will be many more holidays and celebrations I'll be missing in the future, but was just wondering, was anyone else surprised by what seemed like more adequate coverage than normal?

Even more shocking...

I spent 6 days in a row on duty from Wednesday May 21 through Memorial Day Monday, May 26, and only had to sit OPR one time during the stretch. I'm certainly not complaining as it was nice to be off for the entire Holiday Weekend, but I thought for sure I'd be flying for the weekend. Looks like we are better covered than everyone is saying...

I had a good start to the month, but am guessing now I won't be making my time for May. Oh well. Still not complaining since I'm sure there will be many more holidays and celebrations I'll be missing in the future, but was just wondering, was anyone else surprised by what seemed like more adequate coverage than normal?

Not that we could ever be bought, but... Memorial Day is a paid holiday, funny how that makes people think twice before calling off sick!

Yeah. Like something out of the twighlight zone. And to be fair thank you scheduling for having a little compassion and being liberal with releasing us out of our "cage" so we could enjoy a cookout and pay respect to the military as well. If you treated us with this common respect more often we might have a better relationship. the gesture was appreciated.
I have a few holidays off and when they call me begging me to work I always say nope. If they would offer double time you couldn't beat them off with a stick. They would rather cancel flights at Christmas and New Years than give real incentive for making the sacrifice not to be with family. Penny wise and pound foolish. This weekend was a model for what every holiday should be like. But the price goes up on major holidays. I bet the scheduling department would like to see it as well. This is a decision that would come from the top. Anyone in Tempe listening? Tap Tap Tap......

YES! Thanks for the reminder, I ALSO was released an entire day early, allowing me to actually enjoy the holiday (and have a drink or two... ;) ) If anyone is out there listening...let this past weekend serve as a guide for the way holidays ought to be handled when there is ample coverage. Keep the worker bees happy and they just might be a bit more willing to do the same for you.

And again, thanks to scheduling for being more reasonable with granting early release this past weekend.

Anyone think that this new pressure for the on time flights and such, might have anything to do with the new Executive bonus program implemented a few months ago????? naaaaaaaaaaaaa

Take a look at mainline ops for Fri, Sat, Sun.

Friday: 4 flights cancelled out of 1445 scheduled. 82.1 percent on time

Saturday: 4 flts cxld out of 1211 scheduled. On time: 87.0 percent.

Sunday: 3 flts cxld out of 1264 scheduled. On time: 95.6 percent.

All 21 Transatlantic flights from PHL on Sunday departed on time.

And the DOT received 9 customer service complaint charges against US Airways.

Smoke and mirrors. On time is great, but are we keeping our customers satisfied in other areas?

Playing with numbers...yup...have noticed that the block times seem to have gone up even more. 40mins taxi time..and still arrive 10-20 mins early.....Which also means our planned 40 minute turn ends up being 110minutes....hmmm

Not that we could ever be bought, but... Memorial Day is a paid holiday, funny how that makes people think twice before calling off sick!

Gas Prices TOO HIGH to take off too. Not only losing pay but still have to feed the auto.

Even stranger, Fri-Mon the weather was beautiful in the NE. I can't remember an entire Memorial Weekend that was ideal.

yes, thanks for leaving those pax behind so that you can keep your ontime stats up! fortunately the DOT complaints will shine through this operational farce.

Playing with numbers...yup...have noticed that the block times seem to have gone up even more. 40mins taxi time..and still arrive 10-20 mins early.....Which also means our planned 40 minute turn ends up being 110minutes....hmmm

I noticed that on HP49 Sunday night...departed 30 minutes late due to passenger servicing (damn seat cushions ;) ) We arrived on time, and the Captain said the tailwinds were normal as if we would have left on time would still have arrived on time regardless not early. The crew wasn't exactly happy ROFL.

US AIRWAYS’ RELIABILITY, CONVENIENCE, APPEARANCE AT WORK

Holiday Weekend Recap

Thanks to great teamwork and dedication, Sunday’s mainline A14 (arrivals within 14 minutes) came in at 95.6 percent – the highest we have seen since the merger – and 99.8 percent completion factor! The holiday weekend ended with a mainline month-to-date A14 of 83.2 percent, a great start to the busy summer travel season! Thank you to everyone for a great job and, as always, thanks for taking care of our customers.

PHL Sets Trans-Atlantic D:00 Record May 26

Yesterday PHL set a new record by attaining a D:00 (on-time departures) of 100 percent on all 21 scheduled trans-Atlantic flights (a full summer season load)! The last time PHL sent all trans-Atlantic flights out at D:00 was Feb. 8, however, until yesterday, there had never been a 100 percent D:00 on a full summer schedule. The closest we'd come to sending out a full summer load from PHL at 100 percent D:00 was on Sept. 22, 2003 with only 12 flights in the schedule at that time. Congratulations to PHL for helping us start the summer travel season off right!

PHL Sets Trans-Atlantic D:00 Record May 26

Yesterday PHL set a new record by attaining a D:00 (on-time departures) of 100 percent on all 21 scheduled trans-Atlantic flights (a full summer season load)! The last time PHL sent all trans-Atlantic flights out at D:00 was Feb. 8, however, until yesterday, there had never been a 100 percent D:00 on a full summer schedule. The closest we'd come to sending out a full summer load from PHL at 100 percent D:00 was on Sept. 22, 2003 with only 12 flights in the schedule at that time. Congratulations to PHL for helping us start the summer travel season off right!

Two of the Ramp Shift Managers made a bet about 3 days ago saying if 100% D0 was accomplished they would shave their heads. They stuck to their word and had their heads shaved Tuesday night.

I should add that no less than about 17 were OT for the past four nights. Tuesday night it looked like we would end up with a 90% (Spanish flights ruined that - MAD (due to MTC) and BCN (unknown). But it was then dropped down to 85% when LHR returned to the gate before takeoff due to someone passing out.