"We're not looking to be the highest-paid" airline, Parker said.com

brokenwrench

Senior
Oct 27, 2006
Workers need to realize, Parker said, that management is primarily interested in keeping its salaries "competitive" with other airlines. While US Airways employee contracts aren't the best in the industry, he said, they're also not the worst.
"We're not looking to be the highest-paid" airline, Parker said.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ness/industries

As of 12/31/06 (WN) Basic Compensation Fiscal Year Total, USD

Barrett, Colleen C. $ 1,256,935
Kelleher, Herbert D. $ 1,365,000

As of 12/31/05 (US)
Kirby, J. Scott $ 2,955,623
Parker, W. Douglas $ 2,423,316

As of 12/31/05 (CO)
Smisek, Jeffrey A. $ 753,416
Kellner, Lawrence W. $ 1,025,857

As of 12/31/06 (JB)
Barger, David $ 521,998
Neeleman, David $ 257,672

Source: http://www.investor.reuters.com

The numbers do not include stock option compensation, however I agree that the shareholders AND the employees are getting a bargain.

The obnoxious disparity between CEO salaries and their workers wages truly makes for a disconnect when they say the things like Mr. Parker said in that piece. Our Unions need to use this to our favor. How can the likes of Mr. Parker sleep at night when he has employees collecting food stamps and partial welfare. I know F/As that are surviving on .25 cent boxes of mac-n-cheese and .69 cent cans of tuna fish. God forbid they ever get in trouble with a DUI and have to bear that financial burden because then they wouldn't even have money to eat.

I've attached this link to a Jim Webb (VA Senator) op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal. It's a good read.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/112106J.shtml

I heard on the xmradio a few months back dicussing CEO pay! I might have the numbers wrong but the effect is the same.

In the 1970's CEO's made an Avg. of 6 times there work force! Today, they make 300 times as much as there work force!!!

So much for the middle class in this nation!! Its beginning to disappear fast!!!

The obnoxious disparity between CEO salaries and their workers wages truly makes for a disconnect when they say the things like Mr. Parker said in that piece. Our Unions need to use this to our favor. How can the likes of Mr. Parker sleep at night when he has employees collecting food stamps and partial welfare. I know F/As that are surviving on .25 cent boxes of mac-n-cheese and .69 cent cans of tuna fish. God forbid they ever get in trouble with a DUI and have to bear that financial burden because then they wouldn't even have money to eat.
I've attached this link to a Jim Webb (VA Senator) op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal. It's a good read.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/112106J.shtml

And Parkers answer to all is..."YOU HAVE FREE WILL". But, hey where can I get that .25 mac n cheese?

I heard on the xmradio a few months back dicussing CEO pay! I might have the numbers wrong but the effect is the same.

In the 1970's CEO's made an Avg. of 6 times there work force! Today, they make 300 times as much as there work force!!!

So much for the middle class in this nation!! Its beginning to disappear fast!!!

Great observasion. I concur. Is there a profitable middle ground? It will probably have to come out of managements pockets. :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ. Give it a rest. Regardless of how well you or I think the airline is being ran, it's not up to us to determine their salary. The Board of Directors determines that, not each said person.

MOVE ON.

Jesus Christ. Give it a rest. Regardless of how well you or I think the airline is being ran, it's not up to us to determine their salary. The Board of Directors determines that, not each said person.

MOVE ON.
Why should anyone give it a rest until the slime at the top stop leaking on every one else.

Including your simple ass.

I hope you get drenched.

The ones that get covered in slime don't have enough strength, or stones, to stop saying 'Thank you SIR, may I have another.

I remember your very sad posts about not being able to pay your rent on the wages the slime at the top were willing to pay you.

Do you have an infinite need for corporate abuse while Doug drinks on your tab?

The ones that get covered in slime don't have enough strength, or stones, to stop saying 'Thank you SIR, may I have another.

I remember your very sad posts about not being able to pay your rent on the wages the slime at the top were willing to pay you.

Do you have an infinite need for corporate abuse while Doug drinks on your tab?
Not really. He needs to get his ass out of the bar and back at work.

Seriously, after reading that article about CEOs and bankruptcy in another thread, I have to admit maybe it is alarming. I didn't fully realize that people, before the merger, lost their pension, got paycuts, etc. I came in being paid beans.

I have mixed feelings about pay. Doug is running out of duct tape, imo.

Not really. He needs to get his ass out of the bar and back at work.

Seriously, after reading that article about CEOs and bankruptcy in another thread, I have to admit maybe it is alarming. I didn't fully realize that people, before the merger, lost their pension, got paycuts, etc. I came in being paid beans.

I have mixed feelings about pay. Doug is running out of duct tape, imo.
With all due respect, have you lived in a vacuum for the last 6 years?

Hopefully, you will be able to "unmix" your feelings about pay in the short term.

Are there lots of people with "mixed feelings" on the west? :eek:

With all due respect, have you lived in a vacuum for the last 6 years?

Hopefully, you will be able to "unmix" your feelings about pay in the short term.

Are there lots of people with "mixed feelings" on the west? :eek:
No, I just haven't experienced what some of the employees here have. I have only been working here since May of last year. Before that, I had the luxury of being paid higher wages moving around contract-contract.

Back