"We're not looking to be the highest-paid" airline, Parker said.com

Jesus Christ. Give it a rest. Regardless of how well you or I think the airline is being ran, it's not up to us to determine their salary. The Board of Directors determines that, not each said person.

MOVE ON.

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/busine...zgrinstein.html

Like employees at all levels of Delta, his salary was chopped during the more than three years he has been CEO. His $338,000 salary is among the lowest for chief executives of major U.S. corporations. Meanwhile, the value of Delta stock he had accumulated evaporated, just as it has for everyone who held common stock when the airline filed for bankruptcy protection.
Grinstein has told the company to consider putting the extra compensation it would have given him into charitable funds for needy Delta workers and to provide scholarships for Delta employees, retirees and their families.

By company the article means the Board of Directors. There is nothing to stop Mr. Parker from not taking a raise until all contracts are settled.

I have only been working here since May of last year.

Oh please tell me you didnt say that,I hope you dont have thin skin.

I for one would like to make at least what the WN and FEDx mechs start at.That might put me back were I was before the BK's...maybe.

I think that would be competative,seeing Ive been here 17 yrs.

Fresh meat :up: :up: :up: welcome...really.

No, I just haven't experienced what some of the employees here have. I have only been working here since May of last year. Before that, I had the luxury of being paid higher wages moving around contract-contract.
With all due respect, you have a lot to say for someone who has been with the company for less than a year. Do you realise you are conversing with people on this site that have been with this company for 25 years +. Do some research on what has happened within the past 15 years and maybe then you can have a different perspective.

Jesus Christ. Give it a rest. Regardless of how well you or I think the airline is being ran, it's not up to us to determine their salary. The Board of Directors determines that, not each said person.

MOVE ON.
Go back to working the front counter at the Dollar General in Apache Junction. You obviously have no clue about the bigger picture here as you rant in your post about only getting 10% off of a Vacation Package. Wow, now there's something to run on and on about. Another example of how the hiring standards have been lowered.

Go back to working the front counter at the Dollar General in Apache Junction. You obviously have no clue about the bigger picture here as you rant in your post about only getting 10% off of a Vacation Package. Wow, now there's something to run on and on about. Another example of how the hiring standards have been lowered.
Shhhhhh! She still believes in Santa Claus! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

MOVE ON.

While that is true, what is also true is that the board would not award such compensation unless it were available, meaning it comes out of profits, which also means further dumbing down of the airline product.

This has led me to think that we no longer "operate" an airline in the traditional sense. That we now are part of a leasing company (among other mechanisms to siphon cash flow from an airline infrastructure into financial entities like GE Cap.). For all intents and purposes, we are now "out-sourced" income for those companies.

I believe now more than ever that the entire accounting rules have been changed to foster this mechanism.

The employees can change this paradigm but it will take courage, something I find lacking.

I think we should take Parker at his word and insist on (demand) "parity" with other airlines, at a minimum. Money is not the issue and I invite you to discuss either here or start your own thread if you feel otherwise.

Back