West East A321's

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
I was just looking at the schedule in September . I noticed that the only "West" Easts flights out of PHL are either A319 or A320's. The only A321 is on the PHX route. While CLT has mostly A321's on all "west" east flights. Is there a reason to why they are keeping their A321's from PHL? It strikes me that they don't use the A321 on Flight 37 to LAX, that is always full. East's A321's fly all routes west from PHL.

Is AA doing PHL-LAX?
Or, could be that the jetstream lowers, the winds aloft from the west pick up, and the 321's can't make the hop nonstop.....

Is AA doing PHL-LAX?
Or, could be that the jetstream lowers, the winds aloft from the west pick up, and the 321's can't make the hop nonstop.....

US has been using the 321 for PHL-LAX for over 10 years, though I much preferred the days of the 757 with 24F and the 767 with Envoy seats. Even in the Winter, there hasn't been a big problem with heavy winds and fuel stops.

You won't see an AA flight number PHL-LAX until the merger is done and the operating certificates are merged. It's just US and VX right now. UA did it for a long time and dropped it. I thought DL was also doing it recently, but don't see it on the schedules any more. Even WN did it for a little while when they first started serving PHL, but that didn't last very long.

Latest posts