US East
A318=15 on order
A319=13 on order
A320=9 on order
A321=15 on order
A332=10 on order
A350=20 on order

US West
has theirs listed as all ordered were delivered. The US East on orders is the total order-the delivered already. The list was marked updated 30apr07. The A350 are ordered but not commited. Whats the scoop on the A318? I never heard anything about that.

Did it say East and West or US Airways and America West?

I ask because all the orders from both airlines are now US Airways Group orders. The A318's are a case in point - AWA ordered them, not US as far as I know. So when the orders were switched to Group, AWA had no more orders.

Jim

Did it say East and West or US Airways and America West?

I ask because all the orders from both airlines are now US Airways Group orders. The A318's are a case in point - AWA ordered them, not US as far as I know. So when the orders were switched to Group, AWA had no more orders.

Jim
There was no mention of America West, Just US East and US West. Only the East had orders yet to be delivered. Maybe thats where they merged them, and the west is what they delivered to HP. It has 35 delivered and 39 operating under A319 for West and A320 is 23 Delivered and 55 operating under west. I found this in Airbus site, went and joined the press and found the orders. Its real small in excel format. I just listed free lancer as my publication.

I see what you mean, but still think it's just Airbus' way of separating the orders/deliveries. Those ordered by/delivered to AWA show up in the US Airways West line while both those ordered by/delivered to US Airways plus all outstanding orders show up in the US Airways East line.

According to the "fleet plan" attached to the transition agreement, HP had A320 orders that were to be delivered in the future but the Airbus presentation doesn't show them. But Airbus shows more undelivered 320 orders than were in the "fleet plan" for pre-merger US, and that's before factoring in the conversion of A320 orders to the A321 last year.

Jim

My memory, which admitedly is faulty at times, is that they've completely jetisoned the 318's in favor of the E190's, and restated the entire Airbus narrow body order to give favor to the 321's (i.e., moved options and confirmed orders from the 319, 319, and 320 column to the confirmed 321 column).

My memory, which admitedly is faulty at times, is that they've completely jetisoned the 318's in favor of the E190's, and restated the entire Airbus narrow body order to give favor to the 321's (i.e., moved options and confirmed orders from the 319, 319, and 320 column to the confirmed 321 column).

HP ordered the A318s to replace 737-200s. HP then decided to take the CRJ-900s with Mesa and rotate with aircraft like the A319 instead of receiving the A318. I know that when Parker took the helm at HP, he helped renegotiate the A318s into more A319s and A320s instead. I'm not sure why they are still listed.

October 21, 1999 brought another revised Airbus Order. This new order was for 15 A318 aircraft, making America West a launch customer, and 12 A320 aircraft. The A320s were scheduled for delivery between 2001-2003, and A318s between 2003 and 2004 to replace the 737-200 fleet. The alliance with Continental was expanded, adding 42 new cities including eight European destinations. At the end of the year, four 737-200 aircraft and N708AW, the sole 737-100 in the fleet, were retired, making the entire fleet Stage III compliant, and an alliance was announced with TWA. The TWA alliance started off with a frequent flyer program link, with future plans to code-share.

AND

After a long period of evaluation, Buy On Board meal service (renamed to In-Flight Cafe, and managed by Sky Chefs) was added to all flights over 3 1/2 hours in January 2004. In May, the long-standing Airbus purchase order was revised to eliminate the A318 from the purchase agreement, replacing the orders with additional A319 and A320 aircraft to be delivered between 2005 and 2009. Service was added from Los Angeles to a number of points in Mexico and Canada (operated by America West Express), as well as Los Angeles to Washington/Dulles.

From cactuswings.com

It is my understanding that the current combined East/West Airbus narrowbody order stands at 37, all of which are CFM powered A-321's. If the new 787/350 order goes Airbus then that number would increase with I would imagine the new order being 319/320's as they will be replacing 733/734's.

Regards

LGA777

Yes that one baffles me. Doesn't the A318 overlap with the E195 as far as capacity goes? Why have two different aircraft on property that fill almost the same role. That's why I doubt US will ever see the A318.

The 318 was designed to fit right in to the 320 based fleet, giving an airline four different seating capacities from around 110 up to about 190. Pilots flying the other narrow body Airbus equipment could fly it too. It reduces fleet variety and crew training costs and logistics.

However, the original engine(which is different from the CFM or IAE choices) was not ready, so an alternate had to be developed. Frontier operates a few, but, in reality, the cost and weight of the aircraft make it non-competitive with the largest Canadair and Embraer regional jets. The same problem the 717 had.I doubt if they will sell 100 of them.

Latest posts

Back