What is Deltas policy for non rev travel wear ?

A330US

Senior
Aug 10, 2005
Hello,

Im flying out from ATL-DXB, and i think im gonna get in Biz Elite. What is Deltas policy on what non-revs can wear in flight ?

Thank You

From the employee website:

Nonrevenue and Reduced-Rate Travel Guidelines
The travelers’ overall appearance should be well-groomed, neat, clean, safe and respectful, from head to toe. Simply said, if the attire is appropriate for a revenue passenger to wear, then a nonrevenue passenger can wear the same attire.

Appropriate (all classes of travel) Not appropriate (all classes of travel)
Overall appearance should be well-groomed, neat, clean, safe and respectful, from head to toe.
Clothing should be respectful of fellow passengers.
Footwear – shoes are required unless the pass rider is not able to wear footwear due to a disability or physical condition.
Passenger that is (or appears to be) intoxicated
Passenger whose dress violates public decency laws and or community standards (examples include clothing that is sheer or inappropriately revealing or is designated as sleepwear, underwear, or swim attire)
Bare feet
Clothing that is excessively dirty, stained or torn
Clothing that is vulgar, offensive or suggestive

A few examples of relaxed attire which are permitted in all classes of travel:
Shorts
T-shirts
Jeans
Flip Flops
Caps

I have NR many times on DL in the past and I always wore khaki pants, nice shirt, tie and blazer. I always got upgraded, more and more airlines are allowing business casual but if I was going that far I would dress up somewhat, after you get a boarding pass and you are onboard and in your seat you can always remove the tie. Better to be safe than sorry for a trip that long.

do they still have a more relaxed policy on weekends?
Back in the 90s, I was flying DL, wearing a sport coat and tie over a nice denim shirt. A very nice gate agent in SLC told me "I really shouldn't let you sit in F/C with that shirt. But it's Saturday, so you can take off the tie." :D