What is the Secret?

zflygrl

Advanced
Oct 7, 2005
:blink:
Here is my question....what is the secret??? I flew commercial for over 10 yrs and the last 9 yrs of that was as a first class F/A. I have spent almost $3000.00 dollars for the FACTS training...and now I find it impossible to find a job. Now don't get me wrong ... I'm not starving....my hubby is a A320 Capt for one of the top ten. I am member of the NBAA and I am a FAA certified Flight Attendant......So WHAT IS THE SECRET to finding a job. What other training do I need. I find it so frustrating especially when I read stories like the one below...

****Are all of you aware of the fact that the person that was the "acting" flight attendant in the Challenger accident last year in TEB was a LAP DANCER that the charter operator gave an alleged 30 minute aircraft briefing to?*****

WHEN THE PLANE HIT THE BUILDING SHE COVERED HER FACE WITH HER HANDS AND WAS SCREAMING. THE PASSENGERS SELF EVACUATED BECAUSE SHE WAS A LIABILITY IN THE BACK OF THE AIRCRAFT.

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE....................

******This is the truth. The plane's insurance was not current, the SIC's medical had expired, and the "acting" food slinger certainly not a corporate specific trained ANYTHING was a hired lap dancer with a website and a pole , etc..... This is what I am fighting in this industry. No one should be on a plane because a flight department spent one half hour showing them "around" the equipment. They should be "corporate specific" trained by a professional training vendor ******All this info was sent to me...by a CFA....

I don't get it.........................????? Puzzled in Arizona :blink:

:blink:
Here is my question....what is the secret??? I flew commercial for over 10 yrs and the last 9 yrs of that was as a first class F/A. I have spent almost $3000.00 dollars for the FACTS training...and now I find it impossible to find a job. Now don't get me wrong ... I'm not starving....my hubby is a A320 Capt for one of the top ten. I am member of the NBAA and I am a FAA certified Flight Attendant......So WHAT IS THE SECRET to finding a job. What other training do I need. I find it so frustrating especially when I read stories like the one below...

****Are all of you aware of the fact that the person that was the "acting" flight attendant in the Challenger accident last year in TEB was a LAP DANCER that the charter operator gave an alleged 30 minute aircraft briefing to?*****

WHEN THE PLANE HIT THE BUILDING SHE COVERED HER FACE WITH HER HANDS AND WAS SCREAMING. THE PASSENGERS SELF EVACUATED BECAUSE SHE WAS A LIABILITY IN THE BACK OF THE AIRCRAFT.

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE....................

******This is the truth. The plane's insurance was not current, the SIC's medical had expired, and the "acting" food slinger certainly not a corporate specific trained ANYTHING was a hired lap dancer with a website and a pole , etc..... This is what I am fighting in this industry. No one should be on a plane because a flight department spent one half hour showing them "around" the equipment. They should be "corporate specific" trained by a professional training vendor ******All this info was sent to me...by a CFA....

I don't get it.........................????? Puzzled in Arizona :blink:

I am currently a corporate pilot and we don't have a F/A onboard at any time and as far as I know most corporations don't usually employ F/A the only acception to this would be corporation or fractional airlines that use large long range business jets such as Gulfstreams, Challenger 601's, BBJ's etc; You might have more luck if you were to try 135 operation that do international service.
Corporate Flight positions are hard to come by and those that have them are not in any hurry to leave. The corporate flight position is the best flight job you can find, might not be as high paid as an airl;ine pilot but everytime you travel you are on vacation, and I don't know about most but we usually only travel 2 or 3 times a month and usually only for 2 to 4 day each, it's great because I get alot of time at home with my family and get to spend alot of time with my son... Good luck in your search.

zflygrl - ok...TEB Challenger is NOT a good example of the normal corporate F/A. That is a RARE scenario - and you should not think of that when it comes to corporate F/As. That was a scumbag charter operator.

I fly a GIV for a part 91 operator. In the past, we have had former airline F/As that left the airlines or were furloughed. So its not unusual. It is just hard to break into the industry in the beginning with out any corporate experience however. The two jobs are completely different. This is how a few of them did it.

It starts with who you know. It might be a good idea to befriend a current corp f/a and have him/her give you advice or help. They might help you get a few contract trips under your belt. Once you get on a few trips and prove yourself...you can start to network and get your name out there.

Like I said - There is a HUGE different between airline and corporate. First - the pay. A first year corporate f/a with us starts around 55K...and you get great benefits. However...our F/As clean the interior of the aircraft at the end of the trips...serve very demanding passengers with the highest standards - hot meals - many of them actually bake in the back - and you are alone. You order the catering (ours get the food from nice restaurants) - you do EVERYTHING. Try getting US Newspapers and order good catering from a restaurant in Beijing....its challenging.

With that said - there is no 'secret' - you just have to go from hangar to hangar at the airports with corporate jets with your resume in hand - and try to get your foot in the door. I would stay away from charter and stick with the part 91/fractional large cabin jets (Gulfstream, Falcon, Challenger) - benefits are better and these jobs now pay more and have better bennies than many legacy carriers.

Latest posts