What would a US A380 would look like?

jec9

Sep 27, 2005
[email protected]
Visit site
What would a US A380 look like?

00006373.jpg

Why get that, they could buy about 5-6 A330's for the price of one of those. They need more W/B than the A380.

But it would be nice to see that in US colors.

This Acft will never ever see service with USAirways , so what's the point. Few US Airports can handle it...and what level of US passenger traffic can justify it?

The only A380's that will ever see USA registration will be with Fed Ex or UPS IMHO

Airbus Industries is already concerned about the A380 program...as it is NOT obtaining the orders they had hoped for..and they have yet to land a customer with any passenger carrying US Airline.

Airbus is also going into a major re-think on the A340 series for almost the same reasons. They are likely to drop production on the A340 Series and throw more effort into the A330 series..and certainly the upcoming A350.

Airbus is winning the sales war in the Narrow Body market..but that has a lower profit yield than the Wide Body market. Boeing is out pacing them where the money is at...and the Boeing 787 "Dreamliner" is going to be in service with greater numbers of orders quicker than the A350 can begin to hope for.

That same question was posed with the roll out of the first new livery airplane. It was stated that it's just a symbol and NOT a true representation of the flag.

I think what the poster means is that the flag/logo comes before the wordmark. Should be logo, then "US Airways".

I think what the poster means is that the flag/logo comes before the wordmark. Should be logo, then "US Airways".
True on the fuselage. The question was also raised about the "flag" on the tail........just a logo/representation/symbol.
Thanks for the clarification.

True on the fuselage. The question was also raised about the "flag" on the tail........just a logo/representation/symbol.
Thanks for the clarification.
true... but most people feel that for the flag to look "right" on the right side of the aircraft is to have the flag facing backwards as to have the effect that it is blowing to the rear, just as it would be flying through the air.. however I do beleieve as with flag courtesies when a flag is on display and not flying, it would be with the stars on the left...just my HO

Yet another reason to choose a new logo: The LCC flag wouldn't 'wave' in gale force winds.

It doesn't look good on the new livery.

LCC should throw a bit more amplitude into the french curve on the belly; enlarge the typeface of US Airways; probably change the typeface of US Airways; alter the grey lines so that they are more like the AMWest scheme; alter the red tip on the tail to be consistent with the flow of the blue bands on the tail; and get rid of the frozen flag. OR just wait for the next merger and see what you get from that.

Latest posts

Back