Whats being imposed on the agents ?? -- Volume 2

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Check this out , ALL APA,APFA, and(weak sister) TWU members.

To: AGENTS From: Tom Ridder
4/3/2003 follow-up from our session!
Answers to your questions!

Pay- Reduce base pay by 4.75% + forgone 3% in 2003
TOTAL PAY CONCESSION 7.75% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON,T ANYBODY DARE TELL ME these folks hav''nt had raises for 2 years.

THEY HAVE CONTINUALLY VOTED THE UNION OUT, THEREFORE TOUGH SH*T !!!!!!!!!!!!

So ALL UNION MEMBERS;
WHY SHOULD WE VOTE TO GIVE AA pay concessions of 16% for fleet service, and HIGHER FOR THE AMTS,F/A''s, and PILOTS ????????????????

WAKE UP, (I REPEAT), WAKE UP, VOTE NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB''s

Please. I have never once seen someone from the TWU saying the agents deserved to be paid more, so why question what isn''t being imposed on them?

The agents have no workrules, no "protected work", and no contractual staffing ratios. They also have no fluff in their manning.

Sorry if you don''t like it, but as a former agent, there''s nothing they can give up that they haven''t already given up.

Agents at UAL and US also gave up far less than the other workgroups, mostly because they''ve only been unionized for the past five years and didn''t have a lot of legacy language in their contracts.

----------------
On 4/9/2003 9:33:11 PM eolesen wrote:

Please. I have never once seen someone from the TWU saying the agents deserved to be paid more, so why question what isn''t being imposed on them?

The agents have no workrules, no "protected work", and no contractual staffing ratios. They also have no fluff in their manning.

Sorry if you don''t like it, but as a former agent, there''s nothing they can give up that they haven''t already given up.

Agents at UAL and US also gave up far less than the other workgroups, mostly because they''ve only been unionized for the past five years and didn''t have a lot of legacy language in their contracts.

----------------​

----------------------------------------------------------

Eric;
I have no problem with you expressing your opoinion.
We(you & I) will ALWAYS be able to agree to disagree.

NH/BB''s

The voting for union representation took place prior to AA/TW integration. Who is to say how voting would have gone, if former TW agents had an opportunity to vote.

Agents did receive a pay increase May 02, total $0.90 hr, unless you had an attendance letter (former TW A B C letter, or not on self-management for attendance). The old AA raise was up to $1.10 hr.

When we were notified of the closure of ORF office, we were told that if you had approx 5yrs or more seniority, you might be able to transfer to ST Louis res and hold seniority. If you tried to go anywhere else it would be 4/10/01. Based on current conditions of the company, most elected severance, due to possiblity of futhere RIF, being stranded in a new location. Anyone who elected options to transfer to other centers, did get one of their choices. I believe the total from LAS/ORF is 164 to transfer, reporting anywhere from April 9-14. No one was bumped, due to so many agents bailed. Many senior agents from ORF decided not to stay with the company, either bridged to retirement or just have had enough.

Our severance pays went from being paid at lump sum, is now supposedly to be paid in installments, as is anyone else''s in the future. AA changed their policy after agents took their options. If you were still working, you found out. I am sure some don''t realize the precarious position AA has done to us. We were told severance last pay check 4/4, then 4/11, then on 4/2 changed to installments of 4wk max pd monthly until all paid. Do you think it has anything to do with possible BK?

Some changes for agents are:

Holidays down to 5
Loss of 1 wk vacation
Sick days 5 yr
Medical not changed at this time(possible change w/new enrollment)
Loss of shift differential
Loss of premium pay
Reduction in pay

Changes suppose to be in effect May 1, however, Good Friday is already deemed not a holiday for 2003.

I for one have had only 5yrs combined TW/AA. I enjoyed my job, looked forward to my travel benefits, but life goes on. My starting pay w/TW was only $5.39 hr, no contribution for med/dental, plus received incentive checks for awhile. After, TW got rid of incentives, the union at least helped to get regular pay increases. Contrary, to what AA believes most agents did not get the huge pay increase that is claimed. Agents who had eleven years went to $21 hr. TW agents also anwered AA phones from Sep 01 to Jan 02 at TW wages.

I for one will use my unemployed time to go back to school. For the time being unemployment, and naval retirement have to be enough. Been accepted to Nursing school, so hopefully I wont''t have to live paycheck to paycheck wondering if my pay will come or not.

Good luck to all.

Res can always sign cards and vote again? Or are they in the "bar" window?

One thing for sure, they can re-negotiate their terms before we can. If they only had a brain.