Whats The Deal With Sabre

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
Was wondering if anyone else has noticed some changes in Sabre recently. You cancel out a segment, pull up availability and instead of inserting where you just canx, it puts it at the bottom of the record. You have to pull up skd, then canx and sell to get it in the right spot. Also, had today E seats available at dept to sell, went into the record to change segment status and it came back 0 available. Tried P and F as well. 0 available, when it showed 3 seats in F/P/A/E to sell. Had to end up showing as an OB in A to get her into F class. When did these changes occur and how helpful isnt this?
Have also had the same thing happen for Y seats as well. Rebooking misconx showing 7 Y seats to sell and computer comes back as 0 available. Have to go in and segment sell as an OB to get it to take. This is not making agents work faster and easier. :down:

Anyone have any insight into what happened to cause the changes? Sabre was unfriendly to begin with, but it just keeps getting worse it seems.

TAD,

I had similar responses from SABRE as well today. I don't think they are actually changes. Sounds like a software issue to me. That being said, SABRE is more reliable than my PC. I may chain mine up and use it for a boat anchor! :down: