Some QIK/Shares hints

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
Hey guys,
Keep plugging along. :up:

1) Today we found out a way to get the "exchanged" tickets on a return that had been reissued wrong by "I know what I'm doing, I got a boarding pass for the way out"... :ph34r: :rolleyes: to give you a ticket to use instead of having to write a fim for the return.
Ctrl T, F10, F4 (misc FOP), use the orig tkt number. Kaching, an etkt for the return appears. I havent used it myself, so there might be another box to fill in somewhere, but this is how he told me he got it to work. See what you get if this happens to you.
An agent found this out by calling the help desk to get a ticket for the return. He asked him (and he gave him the answer!) how he managed to get the tkt in there. The agent asked him if it could be done, why hasnt anyone given us info (or a memo unless everyone has missed it?) that this could be done. Imagine how many help desk calls this would cut down on especially since this system reissues THE ENTIRE REMAINING TICKET?

2) If you try to do an SST and get the response, multiple quotes, select quote number or T-AT (or some other similar response), just delete the fare quotes Shift K. It wipes out the fare quote so there is nothing blocking the system from issuing the SST then. Happens with moveups and change fees. Think you have to F11, but cant remember, its been a long day, doesnt hurt anyway.

3) If you try to issue a BP and get the "this reservation has not been ticketed, would you like to ticket now" even though the BP that just printed shows ETKT, check to see if there is an old segment on the face of the reservation. Every time you hit N, it unseats the customer. If you dont go back and do something it shows them NOT checked in. I had this today with a lady whose reservation was ATL-TPA on DL yesterday and TPA-PHL today on US. The computer checked her in ETKT on US, but it appears its reading the DL segment as not being ticketed (even though its past date) and asking you if you want to ticket it. I went in and CTRL I, F10 rearrange the itin to move the DL flight to the bottom, then CTRL I, F4 then option 3. Hit enter twice and it should canx out the last segment (being the past date DL segment) F11. Then I checked her in again without a DL segment showing and it came out ETKT and didnt ask about wanting to ticket the reservation. :up:

Anyone else have something they just happened to stumble upon they'd like to share? B)

I have a question:

Is there a way I can dedicate a flight while rerouting baggage so I don't have to continuosly reenter the flight to pull up a bag list?

I'd like to move from passenger to passenger without having to repeat unnecessary keystrokes. It would speed up rerouting quite a bit. Not SABRE fast, but better than how it is right now.

I have a friggin question. Why haven't all these shortcuts or whatever been shown to all the customer service people? Why do they have to search and work this out without training? Does anyone in training even know about them?

I'm a flight attendant and I was a wiz on Sabre. Using the computers in the crewroom how can I create a PNR listing myself on a flight. There has to be a screen to enter our Employee Id or Travel card numbers. I figured out the rest. I just can't get the derned thing to keep my name in the record.
Thanks

I have a friggin question. Why haven't all these shortcuts or whatever been shown to all the customer service people? Why do they have to search and work this out without training? Does anyone in training even know about them?

SHIFT + Q

List of short cuts.

SHIFT + Q

List of short cuts.

Correction. That is a list of shortcuts to the KEYS needed to get to the functions, not shortcuts as in being able to get things done if you dont know what pad you need to be on to get it done or how to get it done without knowing what the various keys actually do. Big difference there.

Also for the exchanged reissue info, we did one today and you have to actually store the original fare in the system to get it to give you another ticket. Still easier than tracking down a fim. Shift K will get you to the manual fare screen so you can store the original fare.

how can I create a PNR listing myself on a flight. There has to be a screen to enter our Employee Id or Travel card numbers.

After you have the MM listing showing,
CTRL N (Nonrev)
F1 (Res Detail)
Top box is booking code SA3P90 (Category and Year of Hire)
You must either enter a phone number or check Y at the bottom of the screen where it says pax refused contact info. Also its easier to change in the middle of the screen to Y - Ticket 30 mins prior (or similar) vs Tkt Now that is auto checked Y. Once you get this info in F11 twice. Then you can pull it back up and ticket it. (Not sure if you'll be able to do this on the computer you're talking about though, but you can try it.)
CTRL O, F2 (HP/US Non Rev Ticket)
Your employee number is on the first line with the US, 01, 100 all needing to be filled in.
You would be name 1.1 and you are an E (Employee).
Then enter. I cant remember if it asks Domestic or Intl, but just read the directions and fill in Y or N if it applies. This SHOULD ticket your reservation otherwise it isnt going to show etkt and come out right for you when you check in. Even if you cant get the "ticketing" step to work, just having the listing done would be a help and if you get the right agent, it wont take any time at all to ticket you.
Hope this helps and let me know if it works for you.

***Doing this from memory, so if someone catches the wrong key info, please correct me.

How does one bring of the list of connections (or those going to missconnect) on a flight. I.E. I'd be in CLT trying to get home, I could but the command in, to show all the inbound connextions for a outbound flight, and it would show their ETA. On the terminmals they've given crews access to.....I can pull up all inbound connections, but it just lists flight number, so I'd have to go to FLIFO to check each flight.
Strangely, Agent in CLT last night, seemed kinda happy, and was doing his thing, and he mentioned the switch over was no problem, software wise, as the software would do everything needed, just the equipment wouldn't work....but that hey, they got it under control and the equipment is working, and the software is fine......I almost choked..

Hey guys,
Keep plugging along. :up:

1) Today we found out a way to get the "exchanged" tickets on a return that had been reissued wrong by "I know what I'm doing, I got a boarding pass for the way out"... :ph34r: :rolleyes: to give you a ticket to use instead of having to write a fim for the return.
Ctrl T, F10, F4 (misc FOP), use the orig tkt number. Kaching, an etkt for the return appears. I havent used it myself, so there might be another box to fill in somewhere, but this is how he told me he got it to work. See what you get if this happens to you.
An agent found this out by calling the help desk to get a ticket for the return. He asked him (and he gave him the answer!) how he managed to get the tkt in there. The agent asked him if it could be done, why hasnt anyone given us info (or a memo unless everyone has missed it?) that this could be done. Imagine how many help desk calls this would cut down on especially since this system reissues THE ENTIRE REMAINING TICKET?

2) If you try to do an SST and get the response, multiple quotes, select quote number or T-AT (or some other similar response), just delete the fare quotes Shift K. It wipes out the fare quote so there is nothing blocking the system from issuing the SST then. Happens with moveups and change fees. Think you have to F11, but cant remember, its been a long day, doesnt hurt anyway.

3) If you try to issue a BP and get the "this reservation has not been ticketed, would you like to ticket now" even though the BP that just printed shows ETKT, check to see if there is an old segment on the face of the reservation. Every time you hit N, it unseats the customer. If you dont go back and do something it shows them NOT checked in. I had this today with a lady whose reservation was ATL-TPA on DL yesterday and TPA-PHL today on US. The computer checked her in ETKT on US, but it appears its reading the DL segment as not being ticketed (even though its past date) and asking you if you want to ticket it. I went in and CTRL I, F10 rearrange the itin to move the DL flight to the bottom, then CTRL I, F4 then option 3. Hit enter twice and it should canx out the last segment (being the past date DL segment) F11. Then I checked her in again without a DL segment showing and it came out ETKT and didnt ask about wanting to ticket the reservation. :up:

Anyone else have something they just happened to stumble upon they'd like to share? B)

Good for these Shares Qik entries, does anybody have any for reservations. We miss our computer system,it's like we went back almost 15 years in technology. The new system has some good things with it but there is more bad than good. We have so many workarounds for the problems,when or if its ever fixed we want know how to do it right. The number of bulletins have increased tremendously to read and our hold time for passengers are atronomical and for departments that work under the reservation umbrella, such as ticketing,groups,etc. it is even more devasating for them. It is like we tried to put the Walmarts like the corner MOM and POP store. I want even go into broken promises. Parker/Kirby thinks his peoples are telling them everything then we know they are as dumb as all other Management teams before them, Or is it easier for them to not want to hear the truth.

Good for these Shares Qik entries, does anybody have any for reservations. We miss our computer system,it's like we went back almost 15 years in technology. The new system has some good things with it but there is more bad than good. We have so many workarounds for the problems,when or if its ever fixed we want know how to do it right. The number of bulletins have increased tremendously to read and our hold time for passengers are atronomical and for departments that work under the reservation umbrella, such as ticketing,groups,etc. it is even more devasating for them. It is like we tried to put the Walmarts like the corner MOM and POP store. I want even go into broken promises. Parker/Kirby thinks his peoples are telling them everything then we know they are as dumb as all other Management teams before them, Or is it easier for them to not want to hear the truth.

How does one bring of the list of connections (or those going to missconnect) on a flight. I.E. I'd be in CLT trying to get home, I could but the command in, to show all the inbound connextions for a outbound flight, and it would show their ETA. On the terminmals they've given crews access to.....I can pull up all inbound connections, but it just lists flight number, so I'd have to go to FLIFO to check each flight.
Strangely, Agent in CLT last night, seemed kinda happy, and was doing his thing, and he mentioned the switch over was no problem, software wise, as the software would do everything needed, just the equipment wouldn't work....but that hey, they got it under control and the equipment is working, and the software is fine......I almost choked..

CTRL Z, F10, F1.....go thru the LIST and you want #5

Could someone PLEASE figure out how to get US1's flights to come up when we call in.

A US1 agent told me today in no uncertain terms: YOU MUST GIVE ME THE CONFIRMATION CODE OR I CAN'T FIND IT. THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW. UNLESS YOU HAVE THE FLIGHT NUMBER OR THE CONFIRMATION CODE, I CAN'T FIND THE FLIGHT, SO YOU BETTER START WRITING THEM DOWN.

I thought her response was downright rude. She wasn't joking. she was pissed that I didn't have the information. Truthfully, that is one of the benefits of being a US1, they have access to all of our flights and we don't have to write down all of those confirmation codes to call in. The US1 desk is supposed to streamline our callin process--instead, the experience is just getting worse like every other part of this airline.

Could someone PLEASE figure out how to get US1's flights to come up when we call in.

A US1 agent told me today in no uncertain terms: YOU MUST GIVE ME THE CONFIRMATION CODE OR I CAN'T FIND IT. THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW. UNLESS YOU HAVE THE FLIGHT NUMBER OR THE CONFIRMATION CODE, I CAN'T FIND THE FLIGHT, SO YOU BETTER START WRITING THEM DOWN.

I thought her response was downright rude. She wasn't joking. she was pissed that I didn't have the information. Truthfully, that is one of the benefits of being a US1, they have access to all of our flights and we don't have to write down all of those confirmation codes to call in. The US1 desk is supposed to streamline our callin process--instead, the experience is just getting worse like every other part of this airline.
are you calling in and asking them to pullup your rez? If you don't hhave the rec locator...last name and flight number...or how about a ticket number...or the cc you paid for the ticket with...sometimes a fon number works....???
Sounds like she was super rude.....apologies....seems like that is all I do any more...apoogize for others....

Latest posts

Back