When will SWA go to Hawaii???

Look. We only just started Hawaii from the west coast and the only thing they can write negatively is the fact that we don't do it from the east coast non stop. But you know what? Give it time and we will someday.
Hawaiian Air might wanna be a little more concerned with when and how Southwest will soon be doing a bunch of inner island connecting...

Hawaiian Airlines and JetBlue thwarting Southwest's Hawaii game plan

Inner Island hopping has just started, between Honolulu and Kona.
It's a start of the inner island hopping.

"Yesterday, we launched service between San Jose and Honolulu. And, on May 12, we will begin offering connecting service between both Oakland and San Jose via Kona as we launch interisland service between Honolulu and Kona."

Of course ALK can continue to be successful. Why would anyone think not. Sure they and others will feel the entrance of SWA but SWA will not put ALK out of the Hawaii market, C'mon man. Maybe we could get together with Hawaiian Air or ALK and do some code sharing as a start? Then later a possible get together with one of them at a later date?? Why not???
We will see just with what GK wants to do in the upcoming Pilot and F/A nego's. Remember last time he wanted the code sharing? Don't be surprised if he looks at it again but with stronger ambitions in these contract talks coming with our flight crews, I would put my money on some kind of code sharing or something big and new...

Can Alaska Airlines Continue to Succeed in Hawaii?

A little more in Hawaii expansions. Soon to be Cali to Kilo direct before the holidays.
Jim, is this one of the interisland flights you were waiting for? Or maybe it was your buddy in Hawaii??

Southwest announces more Hawaii expansion
My friend works for a State of Hawaii department. His office is in Honolulu, but he travels to all the islands in doing his job. I'm sure he will be grateful for any additional interisland flying.

My friend works for a State of Hawaii department. His office is in Honolulu, but he travels to all the islands in doing his job. I'm sure he will be grateful for any additional interisland flying.
Gotcha. Was wondering what your friend needed as far as interisland flights. Hearing more are coming, just don't know when as of yet.

Gotcha. Was wondering what your friend needed as far as inter-island flights. Hearing more are coming, just don't know when as of yet.
They already have inter-island flying. What is needed is frequency. It does my friend, Jake, no good if the first flight from Oahu to Maui departs at 7am and the flight is 1.5 hours long if the meeting he has to attend starts at 7:30am. He has to arrange to go to Maui and spend the night so he can be there when the meeting starts. If there is a flight at 6am, it saves Jake time. It saves money for both the State of Hawaii and it's people. And it's a more efficient use of Jake's time in service to the state. Trust me. Jake and everyone he knows are anxiously awaiting the start of Southwest inter-island service.

P.S. I have no idea if my Oahu to Maui example was anywhere close to reality. Just creating an example scenario.

Reactions: swamt
I am positive we will be adding more and more. You might get Jake to send some letters or emails to SWA requesting a certain route to be planned. A lot of our customers do this and SWA takes them very serious when planning expansions, it might help speed up the opportunity for the routes he needs.

More Hawaii expansion coming Jim.
We will be adding more islands to tune of all 5 in time.
SWA wants to expand the inner island hopping big time. They are getting floods of inquiries and emails about more and more inner island flights. So tell your buddy and his friends to keep the pressure up on SWA about adding the inner flights.
Here's some info on how well the prices are dropping on the inner island flight competition. Sort of the Southwest Effect, within Hawaii.
Hearing of some 2020 announcements coming soon...

BusinessAmerican City Business Journals
Southwest's presence beginning to radically alter interisland fares in Hawaii

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Here it is Jim. The start of the Hawaii expansions. First wave begins Jan 2020. $99 Cali to Hawaii flights, $29 new inner island flights. Now that is elcheapo!!! More Hawaii announcements will be coming Jim, especially once the Max groundings are lifted. Boeing and SWA has already worked out a deal on once the Max is back in the air. Can't say what we will get them for as far as cost but rumors of 2 fer 1 are swarming. And SWA will take any and all of the other airlines cancellations, options and any other Max's they can get cheap. Here's some of the breaking news on the Hawaii expansions...

SWEEEEEEET!!!

Southwest (LUV) to Offer Hawaii Additional Flights in 2020

Southwest launches new Hawaii routes; flights start at $99

[URL='https://finance.yahoo.com/news/southwest-airlines-expands-daily-hawaii-153829367.html']Southwest Airlines expands daily service to Hawaii

[URL='https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hawaii-more-way-southwest-airlines-153000847.html']Hawaii, More Is On The Way! Southwest Airlines Expanded Service For The Hawaiian Islands Now On Sale

[/URL]
[/URL]

Reactions: SharoninSAT