Where are the RJ''s Chip?

USFlyer:

Dave told me about two weeks ago when he flew on our jumpseat that he is seeking bids from both suppliers and I suspect the negotiations will continue until he gets the best price. We'll know more soon.

Chip

Chip,

Jim Moon not John Moon. Jim Moon is a Do328 Capt. at PSA and is the current Chair of the PSA Negotiating Committee!
Duane Worth asked him to be part of the MAA NC?

Stick-n-Rudder:

Thanks for the correction. I received an email regarding MAA staffing and I forgot the specific information on Captain Moon. I know Donn & Dave quit well, but I have never met Jim.

Chip

Chip,
2 of the 3 MAA negotiators are not going to be MAA pilots? How can that happen? Can you have pilots who work for one carrier negotiate a contract for another carrier?

Inclusive Scope:

US Airways agreed to recognize ALPA as the MAA CBA agent and as such, there will be no active MAA pilot when the contract is negotiated. Duane Woerth appointed three men from US Airways Group who all bring unique talents to the NC.

Chip

The ALPA restructuring agreement requires the Company to recognize the union as the collective bargaining agent for the MidAtlantic Airways pilot group.

It is my understanding the Company will formally notify ALPA of this recognition, which pilot representatives believe could occur this week. This will begin a 60-day clock to complete the first pilot MidAtlantic CBA. If at the end of the 60-day period there is no TA, the parties will submit their positions to binding arbitration.

Chip

Midway Airlines pilots reach tentative labor pact

RALEIGH-DURHAM, N.C., Sept 3 (Reuters) - Pilots at regional U.S. carrier Midway Airlines said on Tuesday they have reached a tentative labor agreement with management, moving the airline one step closer to resuming operations as an express carrier of US Airways.

Bankrupt carrier US Airways, the No. 6 U.S. airline, and Midway Airlines announced an eight-year service agreement in July, under which Midway will fly a fleet of five small jets beginning in November. That fleet is scheduled to grow to up to 18 jets by April 2003.

The agreement with US Airways was contingent on among other things, Midway's reaching labor pacts with its pilots and flight attendants.

The pilots' agreement announced Tuesday will become effective pending final approval from the Air Line Pilots Association president and Midway union custodian, the union said.

In regard to MidAtlantic, the ALPA restructuring agreement says, on page 14 of the TA, Attachment B-2, Authority to Operate Mid-Atlantic Airways...

"MDA management and ALPA designees will expeditiously negotiate a labor agreement, commencing no later than the date specified in a letter of recognition from MDA to ALPA. If the parties are unable to complete an agreement within 60 days after the commencement of negotiations, they agree to facilitation and arbitration of open terms, to be completed within 120 days of the commencement of negotiations...As to each individual open issue, the arbitrator shall select the proposal that more closely conforms to the average of ACO, CALEX, and CMR."

With the mainline pilots expecting to receive a letter from MDA management recognizing ALPA this week, the MDA contract must be complete no later than the first week of January, provided there is a full arbitration of open terms to obtain a CBA decision based upon the MDA composite competitor agreements at Atlantic Coast, Continential Express, and Comair.

Chip