Where Has the Sparrowhawk Been

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
With deep personal sadness I have an announcement to make. On April 21, 2015 I was diagnosed with a type of liver disease called NASH or nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. I now find myself on the national transplant list as of February 4, 2016. I find myself unable to seek meaningful employment and have been approved for Social Security Disability. Benefits, to date have been snail slow in arriving and I now rely upon the kindness of family, friends and business colleagues. I fully intend to survive long enough to receive a new liver and I am generally positive, focused and upbeat. However, it often hurts to face reality. For me that means I'll likely never be able to work full time ever again. As of now no formal fund raisers are required. So keep me in your heart for awhile. Say a prayer as I think they work. God bless all of you.

Still no liver, but several false alarms. I;ll be here as health permits.

Reactions: 3 people
So sorry to hear that.  It's news like this that makes one realize just how insignificant an internet message board is.  Stay positive.  I don't know you, but I think if I put Sparrowhawk on a prayer card at church tomorrow,  they'll be directed in the right direction

Reactions: 4 people
God Bless sparowhawk. If you wouldn't mind. My wife is in charge of our prayer chain at our church. I would like to put you on it. I don't know if you believe in prayer, but know there are people out there that care, and will be praying for you.

Insp4 said:
God Bless sparowhawk. If you wouldn't mind. My wife is in charge of our prayer chain at our church. I would like to put you on it. I don't know if you believe in prayer, but know there are people out there that care, and will be praying for you.

I'd be happy with that as I too believe in the God who never fails

Reactions: 4 people
I am saddened to hear about your illness. You are in my thoughts,
and prayers that you will get a new liver very soon. I too will put
you on a prayer card at Church. Stay positive and God Bless 
you SparrowHawk.

Sparrow.  
Like your 'Rock Solid', refusal to back down on anything on 'our'  love/hated message boards, you WILL Stop at Nothing, until you successfully locate the organ you need for your recovery.  That I have NO Doubt.  I have had to learn the hard way (over these years), to NEVER bet against you  !!!!!  Success will be yours my friend !  I'm strongly suggesting that you not go missing of the boards. Especially the 'cooler.  HEY. It's a very hard job trying to keep  delldude in line, so PLEASE , stay around !!
Peace Brother !! 

Reactions: 1 person
SharoninSAT said:
I am saddened to hear about your illness. You are in my thoughts,
and prayers that you will get a new liver very soon. I too will put
you on a prayer card at Church. Stay positive and God Bless 
you SparrowHawk.
Sharon,
NO SADNESS please instead rejoice that I have been placed on the transplant list.
With End Stage Liver Disease you have two options. 1.Transplant list.  2 You have the freedom to pick out the type of wood for your casket. So we eat right, Gin & Tonic's are a distant memory and you maintain a positive attitude and approach along with about 11 Prescriptions designed to keep me healthy enough to survive a transplant

Reactions: 2 people
Hey bud, wishing you nothing but the best and stay positive!!!!! I now find myself on SSDI also at age 48. I know some of what you are goin through on that front, and it's not easy journey. My thoughts and prayers are with you and keep that fighting spirit!!

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts