Where will the Mesa DH8s be flown from DEN?

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
With the Express news announced today, I was just curious if anyone knows where the Mesa Dash 8s were going to be used from DEN? I know we cant wait for them to leave Florida! The past three days one of the 3 used here has been out of service most of the day and its cancelled or delayed about 10-12 flights (unfortunately to the same place) and the people are po''d big time. Hopefully they''ll have better luck operating them out in Den (closer to their maintenance facility). If not, watch your connections to them and be prepared to drive.

They''re replacing the Do-328''s, which after tomorrow we''ll have two of. I think the routes will be Colorado Springs, Gunnison, Durango, Eagle, Hayden, Montrose, Grand Junction, and Jackson Hole. Eagle and Hayden probably won''t be served during the winter as the Bae-146 does those. The other Do-328 cities we had but don''t know if the dash-8''s will serve them in are Lincoln, Rapid City, and Bismark. Skywest''s Brasilia''s and ours and maybe their CRJ''s will supplement the Dash 8''s where it is feasible and until Mesa gets enough of them online.

I don''t know about the reliability here either, but the hotel lady in Montrose was always complaining about them canceling for maint too often. IMHO we shouldn''t be retiring the 328 from Air Wisconsin''s fleet. Sure, Dornier is bankrupt and insolvent, but two companies in the US have picked up the parts and service business for the 328 fleet.

On the bright side, I''m supposed to start CRJ training is late July.

We''ll see . . .

AirWisFO

Jac
----------------
On 6/10/2003 3:49:57 PM tadjr wrote:

With the Express news announced today, I was just curious if anyone knows where the Mesa Dash 8s were going to be used from DEN? I know we cant wait for them to leave Florida! The past three days one of the 3 used here has been out of service most of the day and its cancelled or delayed about 10-12 flights (unfortunately to the same place) and the people are po''d big time. Hopefully they''ll have better luck operating them out in Den (closer to their maintenance facility). If not, watch your connections to them and be prepared to drive.

----------------​

Does anybody know if the UA / Mesa code-share applies to the Dash 8s only, or the Mesa 1900s as well?

When Mesa and United split, Mesa was not upset at all. United treats its commuters like crap. Look what they have done to Lakes, ACA, and Air Wisconsin over the years.

So far just the Dash-8''s. Mesa bid for more flying (Jet''s) but that was probably just to get the others to bid lower.