Who wants to throw up?

Republic Airways Selected Regional Airline of the Year by Air Transport World

Republic Airways Trusted by More Major Airline Partners Than Any Other Regional Carrier in the United States

INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Republic Airways Holdings (NASDAQ:RJET - News), parent company of Chautauqua Airlines, Republic Airlines and Shuttle America, announced today that it has received Air Transport World’s prestigious Regional Airline of the Year award.

“Today’s recognition affirms the efforts of our 4,900 employees, who are dedicated to delivering a level of safety, dependability, customer service and innovation that is second to none in our industry,†said Bryan Bedford, chairman, president & CEO of Republic Airways. “Every day, Republic Airways aircraft carry tens of thousands of travelers across North America for our six major airline partners. This award, which included the best regional airlines from around the world as candidates, exemplifies why Republic is trusted by more major airline partners than any other regional airline.â€

Perry Flint, editor-in-chief of Air Transport World, said, “Republic Airways' record of strong earnings and tremendous growth mark it as one of the few success stories among US airlines in the first decade of the 21st Century. To achieve 29 consecutive quarters of profitability, while boosting annual revenues from $150 million to more than $1.1 billion is a remarkable achievement. Add to that an unblemished record for safety and a highly competitive cost structure and it's not difficult to see why five of the big six network airlines have partnered with Republic."

The ATW Airline Achievement Awards program was created in 1974 to recognize excellence. Originally a modest program, the ATW Awards over the intervening decades have gained in importance and stature to become the most coveted and valued honor an airline can receive. The ATW Award winners represent an elite group of airlines selected by the magazine’s editorial staff after a lengthy consultative process that considers hundreds of airlines from across the globe.

Republic Airways Holdings, based in Indianapolis, Indiana is an airline holding company that owns Chautauqua Airlines, Republic Airlines and Shuttle America. The airlines offer scheduled passenger service on over 1,200 flights daily to 119 cities in 38 states, Canada, Mexico, Jamaica and the US Virgin Islands through airline services agreements with six U.S. airlines. All of the airlines' flights are operated under their airline partner brand, such as AmericanConnection, Continental Express, Delta Connection, Frontier Airlines, United Express and US Airways Express. The airlines currently employ approximately 4,900 aviation professionals and operate 220 regional jets.

More information on Republic Airways can be found at the company’s website at www.rjet.com.

"and we'd like to thank USAirways for making it all possible for their firesale of the EMB 170 division and all of those slots at DCA and LGA!!"

49b36a48-75c6-48e4-9506-d3a736f5be58.widec.jpg

Kathy Griffin fans: please don't get mad; I just never figured republic would win an award, let alone her. Especially when these guys kicked USAir employees to the curb...

What I don't understand is when I fly CO Express (operated by Chautauqua) the employees are much much nicer than when I flew US Express operated by Republic. or Chautauqua.

Thats because Republic hates US. and us for that matter...

Buncha two faced conniving jerks.

but back on topic...I'm gonna go and puke now :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :cold:

WHAT????????????????? US Airways didn't win it? Oh that's right, US Airways is an International Carrier with the mentality of a loser from the show Are You smarter than the "Pre-Schooler"? That's why I thought they may have a chance. I flew on a Republic last week, and they make sure they announce themselves as Republic. I think I heard US Airways Express once. When they have the Toilet Awards, US Airways will win, Flushes Down!

"and we'd like to thank USAirways for making it all possible for their firesale of the EMB 170 division and all of those slots at DCA and LGA!!"

I couldn't have said that better. :down: :down:

What I don't understand is when I fly CO Express (operated by Chautauqua) the employees are much much nicer than when I flew US Express operated by Republic. or Chautauqua.

Thats the difference of the type of people that fly on each airline. Greyhound fares bring greyhound people.

Anyone have anything good to say about Air Wisconsin???? Now there's a bunch of Morons :down: :down: . I'll take any of the other commuter outfits before them

Anyone have anything good to say about Air Wisconsin???? Now there's a bunch of Morons :down: :down: . I'll take any of the other commuter outfits before them

I have DH'ed a bunch on AirWiskey flights and I can say that there FA's and Flight Crews do one helluva good job.

The thread topic needs to be changed to Regional Airline of the Year. That's all they need is to think they are the damm airline of the year. To put it in perspective, Mesa got this award a couple years ago, and Republic got it before. They aren't winning it for being a fabulous place to work or joy to fly on, they are winning it through profits.

US Airways was happy to sell 28 aircraft and 30 deliveries, outsource a huge amount of flights to the company, and pay them the entire cost of operating plus 3% profit. Every other major but NW uses this bottom feeder as well, although not as such a direct employee replacement as the US MDA debacle. How hard is it make money with the poverty wages and turnover of an express carrier, with the ridiculously cush contracts with the majors, combined with aircraft that are anything but regional jets.

US Airways Flight Attendants, Republic is why you are where you are today. They are why you are the victim of not only zero growth but shrinkage. This is why you don't have a block, are getting displaced, are having your PIT base closed, are getting bumped down, can't get on your commuting flight, or are furloughed. The jobs, the flying, the blocks, the seats, the PIT base... they didn't go anywhere. It's just a Republic F/A there in your place. The affects of Republic on the property go far beyond the 800 MidAtlantic division employees who lost their jobs.

Look for Republic to paint this all over the airplanes, record an announcement about it, and probably erect a statue in the middle of our terminal. US has lost any and all control over these contractors.

US Airways Flight Attendants, Republic is why you are where you are today. They are why you are the victim of not only zero growth but shrinkage. This is why you don't have a block, are getting displaced, are having your PIT base closed, are getting bumped down, can't get on your commuting flight, or are furloughed. The jobs, the flying, the blocks, the seats, the PIT base... they didn't go anywhere. It's just a Republic F/A there in your place. The affects of Republic on the property go far beyond the 800 MidAtlantic division employees who lost their jobs.
And what union group negotiated to allow 92 86-seat a/c to be outsourced

And what union group negotiated to allow 92 86-seat a/c to be outsourced

Amen brother.

And just wait till the fire sale of the 190's............you aint seen nothin yet.

And one last thing; I am a pilot at said company who wins these stupid awards that mean nothing to the employees. I take pride in what it is that I do no matter what it says on the outside of the A/C. I try to instill that same pride and passion in the rest of my crew but unforunately I have to be up front flying the plane and am unable to sit in the back and monitor my F/A's performance ( or lack there of ). If you have a problem on a flight, speak up, ask to talk to the Captain and make your opinion known. don't come on here and hide behind a keyboard and complain. I can't fix what I don't see.

We are all out here trying to make a living. When I got hired 9 years ago I really didn't get hired with the intent to steal your jobs and your airplanes....... promise. Thank MGMT not the employees, because we have NO say.