Is It Republic Or Chautauqua?

BlackOps

Nov 3, 2003
Friday's Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported the following:

>>As part of its merger-reorganization, US Airways completed the sale of 25 Embraer regional aircraft and landing slots to Republic Airways Holdings on Thursday. Indianapolis-based Republic's Chautauqua Airlines will fly the 70-seat aircraft under the US Airways Express flag.<<

Were MDA's 170's sold to Repbulic Holdings, only to be operated by Chautauqua, not some new airline called Republic?

Does Republic Airlines exist?

>>As part of its merger-reorganization, US Airways completed the sale of 25 Embraer regional aircraft and landing slots to Republic Airways Holdings on Thursday. Indianapolis-based Republic's Chautauqua Airlines will fly the 70-seat aircraft under the US Airways Express flag.<<

They were transferred to Holdings, not the airline. They will probably be operated by Shuttle America though.

BlackOps said:
Maybe the Pittsburgh paper got it wrong.
[post="305225"][/post]​

They did. Chautauqua only flies 135s, 140s, and 145s. We flew them for a short time, but handed them over to Shuttle America as soon as the certificate was up and running.

Art at ISP said:
Actually my understanding is Republic Airlines is set up as a separate airline, under the call sign "Brickyard". Shuttle America flies 170's for UA and DL if I am not mistaken.
[post="305189"][/post]​
The last that I knew of Shuttle America, was that they were flying some old SAAB-340's around. They had no jets when they served my former Station earlier this year. They were still flying props even when they were flying for UA, and most of them still had the US Paintjob on them.

Republic Airways Holdings comprises 3 separate airlines:

Shuttle America operates 170's as United Express, based in IND and ORD and now Delta Connection with bases in IND, ORD, CMH and soon SLC. The Saab operation will be closed shortly.

Chautauqua Airlines operates 135's, 140's and 145's for US Airways Express, Delta Connection, United Express and American Connection out of IND, CMH, SDF, BUF, STL, LGA, RIC, GSO, MCO and FLL.

Republic Airlines flies only 170's for US Airways Express based in IND for now.

I hope they are not using those misfit f/a's that they had when they were doing those flights out of Trenton to Bedford....some furloughed U f/a's worked for them and I was told some crazy horror stories about those flight crews!!! I flew on one of those flights before and the f/a sat in the front row looking out the window during landing. She sat in the jumpseat during takeoff so there was not anything wrong with that jumpseat. I also had to explain to passengers( that she freaked out) about weght and balance. She actually told them that they had to move toward the back of the plain or it may crash like the one in CLT did. The horror on those faces of the passengers was insane. They saw my ID and asked my what she was saying..I calmed them down I might add. :eek:

Why is the Usairways website still showing the Republic 170's as Mainline Usairways? This is misleading to the flying public that get on one of the "sold" emb's and assume it is mainline employees. (until they see the unprofessionalism)....

xoxo said:
Why is the Usairways website still showing the Republic 170's as Mainline Usairways? This is misleading to the flying public that get on one of the "sold" emb's and assume it is mainline employees. (until they see the unprofessionalism)....
[post="305475"][/post]​

If they update their website as fast as most companies - it'll take weeks to change it!! And, the "flying public" has no idea whose aircraft they are flying on! Ask the next person you see in an airport, who operates the aircraft they will be flying on?and what type it is for that matter?

Latest posts