Will NWA resume route between Narita and Guangzhou?

Wookong

May 22, 2009
NWA/Delta canceled the route between Tokyo and Guangzhou this March with no obvious reason. This has made the travel to Guangzhou, China a major headache for many people, including me. We used to be able to fly MSP to NRT and then to CAN, it is long but manageable. Now we have to have two stops with 5-6 more hours en route.
Does anyone working in Northwest/Delta have any news on whether Delta/Nortwest will resume the route. Most of us flying to Guangzhou aren't even fly NWA after the change. It just sounds odd to me the airline would candle such a busy route witout any replacement.

NWA/Delta canceled the route between Tokyo and Guangzhou this March with no obvious reason. This has made the travel to Guangzhou, China a major headache for many people, including me. We used to be able to fly MSP to NRT and then to CAN, it is long but manageable. Now we have to have two stops with 5-6 more hours en route.
Does anyone working in Northwest/Delta have any news on whether Delta/Nortwest will resume the route. Most of us flying to Guangzhou aren't even fly NWA after the change. It just sounds odd to me the airline would candle such a busy route witout any replacement.

NWA airlines announced last year that they were ending the CAN-NRT route and would use that China route to fly PEK-SEA since they wanted to try to make that a gateway to Asia. This was announced by NWA and not Delta. I don't know when they are planning to start this service though.

Also UA was supposed to have started CAN-SFO service last year, but they decided to wait a while since oil prices were too high.