Will Spirit suddenly become a big boy competitor up against the big 4

With a combined 6-7% market share, you do the math.

Sure, they'll be the #5 airline. They'd have to double in size before they'd be a threat to the #4 carrier.

With a combined 6-7% market share, you do the math.

Sure, they'll be the #5 airline. They'd have to double in size before they'd be a threat to the #4 carrier.
I agree E, but they are floating the thought of them (combined) will be a super threat to the top 4 airlines as far as competition is concerned. I honestly do not see this as a big of threat as they note. But agree with you, it would take time and expansions to get even close.
Which brings up my concerns IF they will ever get this past the approval stage without dramatic concessions involved, and then even further away from getting close to #4, as you stated.

Spirit? You understand that Jetblue is acquiring Spirit. There will be no Spirit if this ever passes DOJ scrutiny. And get ready for mandated flight operations reductions at FLL/JFK/MCO/BOS as a result....so those praising this purchase better understand that headcount reductions will be significant in many of the markets.

Last edited: