WN already ending SJU-ATL?

I'm not surprised.  As ChockJockey pointed out on another thread recently, "DL has consistently posted superior moonthumbs per seat gallon since 1972."  Do you really think any discerning traveler would pick WN over DL when this is common knowledge?  Please.

What you're all failing to grasp is that WN simply cannot compete against the mighty Delta, but AA is incapable of successfully competing against WN.   

according to swamt, it is WN's choice to take its toys out of ATL and move them to DAL because there are better opportunities there.

BTW, is SJU off limits from DAL?.. it isn't int'l or is that a route we could see from WN in the future?

Well they're flying it from HOU, and using your logic it's incompatible to have "hubs" "compete against eachother"

and where did you come up with the idea that serving SJU from two Texas hubs would be incompatible?

we are talking about WN and potentially serving SJU from both DAL and HOU, not AA from DFW and ORD.

AA doesn't and won't serve DAL anytime in the near future.

WorldTraveler said:
we are talking about WN and potentially serving SJU from both DAL and HOU, not AA from DFW and ORD.

AA doesn't and won't serve DAL anytime in the near future.
And, he gave an answer that applies with an AA example.  It is you who is too obtuse to take an AA example and apply it to a similar situation at WN.

Are you sure about that 2nd statement?  If DAL wins its alleged lawsuit (that no one at DAL has mentioned so far, just you) forcing open and unlimited access to DAL that might very well give AA grounds to sue to take back possession of its gates at DAL as being the only airline shut out of that airport.  I believe Shakespeare would turn to you and DL and call that being "hoist upon one's own petard."

A couple of months ago, it was either Kirby or Parker that commented on the DAL deal and wished they had been around for talks.  They would have liked to stayed at DAL.   Since WT is so concerned that the great "moonthumbs" airline (by the way that topic was hilarious) wants to be at both DFW and DAL and ORD and MDW, etc, I'm sure that he's fully behind the decision that ATL should only have one airport.

I thought Kirby and Parker were around for the DAL talks... it was they who gave it up to satisfy the Feds to get the merger passed...?

Kirby and Parker most certainly were in the loop on what new AA would have to give up to get DOJ approval, but they weren't around for the Five Party talks.

Have to agree with Jim -- if DL opens Pandora's Box by trying to unwind the 5PA, I'd guess you would see AA suing to get into DAL on the same grounds DL did. DOJ's actions were predicated on DAL being a limite access resource. If it's no longer a limited resource, how can it be a problem for AA to be there?

jimntx said:
And, he gave an answer that applies with an AA example.  It is you who is too obtuse to take an AA example and apply it to a similar situation at WN.

Are you sure about that 2nd statement?  If DAL wins its alleged lawsuit (that no one at DAL has mentioned so far, just you) forcing open and unlimited access to DAL that might very well give AA grounds to sue to take back possession of its gates at DAL as being the only airline shut out of that airport.  I believe Shakespeare would turn to you and DL and call that being "hoist upon one's own petard."
first, AA signed away their right to serve DAL as part of a merger agreement - a far different hurdle from any other airline.

second, I have repeatedly said and will continue to say that DAL and WN will do all possible to avoid a lawsuit because it has huge implications for both.

let me know if it changes but I still believe that DL will stay at DAL and there will be no lawsuit as long as DL is at DAL.

none of which changes that WN is going to grow where it can using assets from elsewhere on its system - including ATL to the Caribbean - but Gary Kelly's statement is absolutely true that WN will use all of its growth capacity in the next 6-12 months to grow DAL to the maximum size possible.

Oh, so AA is held to previous agreements regardless, but DL is not and may sue to nullify any agreement that blocks them from access to DAL.  What a pompous blowhard you are.  As swamt has said repeatedly, let's see what the situation looks like on 1/7/2015.

DL didn't sign any agreement allowing WN to expand or to restrict DL's access from DAL.

and that is precisely the point.

it was AA and WN that decided to put each in other in separate boxes.

DL had nothing to do with it.

DL preserves the right it has to serve any airport in the US.

WN and AA are the ones who signed away parts of those rights... no other carriers have done anything like that at DAL/DFW or any other airports.

thank you for making the issue crystal clear.

Back