WN plans HOU int'l growth

With the addition of more HOU flights both international and domestic, our newly released schedule puts us at 3800 flights per day this summer.  More than any other airline does.  AA might get close when the merger is completed, but we will still be growing and adding more flights, so I tend to doubt it.

Reactions: 1 person
swamt said:
With the addition of more HOU flights both international and domestic, our newly released schedule puts us at 3800 flights per day this summer.  More than any other airline does.  AA might get close when the merger is completed, but we will still be growing and adding more flights, so I tend to doubt it.
Today,  AA+US+MQ (Envoy/American Eagle) will operate about 3,900 departures.   Including the other wholly-owned (PSA and Piedmont) and all the other regional operators, AAL will operate about 6,600 departures today.  

Yes, I realize that all 3,800 of the WN departures are on the same operating certificate, but that's WT-like pendantry.   

I know HOU (Airport) is excited about the LUV international operations. I wish them success. I think they will do well.

Sharon, you will be one (quick) stop away from a paradise of your choice now on your own carrier!

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sure WN will carry as much freight as they carry now but since many of these cities will be fairly small, it may or may not be worth focusing on setting up cargo handling companies initially.

here is WN's route network from 1983 - basically a Texas airline with PHX, LAX, and LAS thrown in.

http://airlineroute.net/2014/12/26/rp-wnjan83/

it is amazing to see how far WN has come in such a relatively short time.

congrats as WN expands southward
(BTW, since I signed WN's petition to the city of Houston to get int'l gates at HOU, I am particularly interested in watching WN's growth there).

interesting since you were trashing WN for it's safety record and ability to fly to Central America

Reactions: 3 people
uh... you do realize I started the thread?

I signed their petition because I believe in competition. WN will give it to Texas on its new routes to Latin America.

First, I wish WN much success

Second, ah yes we do realize who started the thread

Third, ah do you remember trashing WN's safety record and suggesting they might not understand how to operate in certain airports - or did you forget that already

Reactions: 4 people

Latest posts