New Mexico flights

usfan

Nov 4, 2006
OST-2007-29308-1 US Airways, Inc.
Howard Kass
1401 H Street, N.W., Suite 1075
Washington DC 20005-2148
Application of US Airways, Inc., requesting an exemption to engage in scheduled foreign air transportation of persons, property, and mail between Phoenix, AZ and Acapulco, Mexico City, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, San Jose del Cabo, Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, and Mazanillo, Mexico. - Answers are due by Oct 5, 2007

I was wondering why the DOT needs to approve flights to NM.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, too. I thought for a second that ABQ was the new focus city of the month or something.

US would be smart to get a piece of the pie in Mexico, Central America, and South America -- the only airlines that really fly to those places (extensively) are CO out of IAH and AA out of DFW, I think. PHX might do well in those markets...

OST-2007-29308-1 US Airways, Inc.
Howard Kass
1401 H Street, N.W., Suite 1075
Washington DC 20005-2148
Application of US Airways, Inc., requesting an exemption to engage in scheduled foreign air transportation of persons, property, and mail between Phoenix, AZ and Acapulco, Mexico City, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, San Jose del Cabo, Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, and Mazanillo, Mexico. - Answers are due by Oct 5, 2007

This is nothing new; the west already serves all of these destinations from PHX. I believe all service to Mexico has to be renewed every two years, so this is probably the application for that.

This is nothing new; the west already serves all of these destinations from PHX. I believe all service to Mexico has to be renewed every two years, so this is probably the application for that.
Thanks electicjet98 for the info . I thought that some of the cities in the list we did not served before . But it seems to me I was wrong .... And YES I mean new Mexican flights not NEW MEXICO ......

Yes, these are all HP operated flights that exist. Some are seasonal and/or Saturday only flights such as Acapulco. Maybe they are just renewing stuff. HP has been in the region for a while now.

My other idea(and this is not likely since PHX is mentioned) is that US Airways is the one applying for these flights. Since certs haven't merged yet, maybe it's for East service to those ports. CLT-ACA/PVR/SJD would/could make sense. Some on a daily basis and others on a Sat/Sun basis. Before ther merger, I always thought that US East needed more to Mexico besides Cancun, Cozumel and Mexico City. After all, CLT is US Airways's Caribbean gateway, these would/could make sense. This CLT-other Mexican resorts idea is just something I am throwing out there...