Woman plans to marry her father after two years of dating

SparrowHawk said:
I don't want to see anyone get "Nailed" for anything. Does the evidence need to be tested in a court of law? I think it does. 

People in this country should be able to live as they choose, free from government interference. However, they should also be required to demonstrate they can legally consent with out coercion. IMO, there is coercion almost automatically when there is an adult & someone under 18 who may not be capable of informed consent.
Proof = evidence

Nailed = convicted

eolesen said:
I don't think there's a court in the world that would view a parent engaged in a sexual relationship with their own child as having standing to grant consent for that same child to get married. It's a clear conflict of interest.
That's a good point.  I looked around and could not find any cases.  I wonder if this would even make it to the courts.  Seems very bizarre to say the least.  Also, if they were to hold true to the statement that they plan on having kids I would think that would make it a non-started right there.   Risk for genetic defects for incest are quite a bit higher.  

Ms Tree said:
Proof = evidence

Nailed = convicted

Evidence is NOT proof or even the truth. It is one or more persons version of the truth. The role of a Judge or Jury is to weigh the evidence in a search for truth and a conviction if appropriate.

Why the states Child Services weren't involved is beyond me. There is something incredibly disturbing here.

You are right. Poor wording on my part. My intention was not to rail road anyone. Present the evidence and convict if it is found credible.

Some folks I have been talking to think it could all be BS. Seems out there enough to be BS.

Ms Tree said:
You are right. Poor wording on my part. My intention was not to rail road anyone. Present the evidence and convict if it is found credible. Some folks I have been talking to think it could all be BS. Seems out there enough to be BS.
Which is probably means it is happening.

eolesen said:
I don't think there's a court in the world that would view a parent engaged in a sexual relationship with their own child as having standing to grant consent for that same child to get married. It's a clear conflict of interest.

Comments from dim bulbs aside I think you raise a valid point. 

The article raises more question then it answers.