Woman plans to marry her father after two years of dating

Personally I agree with you but that argument can be made of a lot of things that you would probaaly not agree with.  Religion being one of them.  Not saying the sound mind issue but if someone is raised in a certain religious house hold thay are being groomed/conditioned in the same manner.  A racist house hold.  The analogy can be carried on.  I am not exactly sure what the legal standard is for competence but I am pretty sure she would pass from what I have read regading the legal standards. 

The legal difference being when it started.  If she was 16 then legally (as much as Ipersonally hate it) things seem to OK.  If she was younger than 16 and there is proof, convict him,  put the guy in generla population and call it a day.
Here, let me throw your own logical $#!t in your face. If a priest is having a sexual relationship with a 16 year old boy, and the boy loves his "FATHER!" Does it make it OK for their relationship when the boy turns 18?

I await the hypocrisy to twist and turn their own logic...through different eyes.

Wrong again, liberal logic says if it feels good and doesnt hurt anybody go for it. I should be able to go whatever speed i want as long as I don't hurt anyone, drink at any age I want because it doesn't affect anyone, sleep with anyone or anything at any age because it feels good and it's between me and them. So in essence you can't tell anyone what they can and can't do based on how it effects society.

And you are missing the point yet again.  Most laws have a point.  They are there as a protection.  Speeding laws are designed to prevent accidents.  Consent laws are desgined to prevent minors from entering into agreements which they do not understand ...etc.  What I am asking is what is the purpose of preventing relatives from marrying?  Just because something is illegal does not mean that there is a justified foundation for the law.  Take the ban on same sex marriage.  That law is unsound and in June or July when the SCOTUS renders their decison, the ban will be null and void.
I'm betting that the SCOTUS will give it back to the states. Thankfully, money can't buy laws.

JMHO!

Wrong again, liberal logic says if it feels good and doesnt hurt anybody go for it. I should be able to go whatever speed i want as long as I don't hurt anyone, drink at any age I want because it doesn't affect anyone, sleep with anyone or anything at any age because it feels good and it's between me and them. So in essence you can't tell anyone what they can and can't do based on how it effects society.
I'm guessing your talking to Mystery? Not such a Ms Tree to me.

Black Magic said:

I know what 'liberal logic' is and that. at least for me is part of it.  So long as it does not affect you I see no reason why I should not be allowed to do it.  What exactly is your conservative logic?

Speeding has been proven to kill people so it does affect others.  Fail
Drinking at a young age has been proven to hurt/kill people so having restrictions on it serves a purpose.  Fail.
Having sex with a minor has been proven to harm people.  Fail.

Your last sentence is in direct conflict with that you said liberal logic is.  If an act does affect people who have not given consent then those that are affected should have a say.  Smoking laws are a good example that come to mind.  So again ... Fail.

ROTFL, while your at it don't forget drugs hurt/kill people but liberals want to legalize all drugs. Oh and abortion too, it's killing someone ya know?!!

Black Magic said:
ROTFL, while your at it don't forget drugs hurt/kill people but liberals want to legalize all drugs. Oh and abortion too, it's killing someone ya know?!!
Drugs hurt the person taking them.  I believe the mother has to have absolute control over her own body.  You are still dodging the question.

Ms Tree said:
Eighteen is the age which society has accepted as being an adult.  

You don't give a damn about what society wants. All you care about is pushing your sick agenda.

I told you the reason gay marriage was banned is because society did not want it.

I told you gays were using the government to impose a change upon the people they would not willingly accept.

You refused to accept any of that.......... then you come back and say "Eighteen is the age which society has accepted as being an adult.  "

You really are a sick, twisted liar. Libtard logic serves you well.

Black Magic said:
And society say that a father marrying his daughter is disgusting, wrong, and illegal. So once again you've answered your own question. You need to take notes when you talk. Haha
The fool invents his own truth as he goes.

Trying to use sane logic on an insane mind is a futile effort. 

La Li Lu Le Lo said:

You don't give a damn about what society wants. All you care about is pushing your sick agenda.

I told you the reason gay marriage was banned is because society did not want it.

I told you gays were using the government to impose a change upon the people they would not willingly accept.

You refused to accept any of that.......... then you come back and say "Eighteen is the age which society has accepted as being an adult.  "

You really are a sick, twisted liar. Libtard logic serves you well.

Back at ya sweet cheeks.

Yea.  And your point?  An argument can be made for an age of consent.  What is the argument to prevent marriage equality other than the fact that people like you don't like it?

People did not willing accept universal suffrage or the CRA in 1964.  Again, what's your point?

Just because there is a law does not necessarily mean it is just or sound.  The age of consent has a strong argument to back it up. 

Seems as you missed the it as well.  Up until Eoleson asked me my opinion, I never gave it as I am just dealing with the legality of it.  Want to change it, change the law.  As I told Eoleson, I do not personally agree with the what they are doing or the ability of a parent to waive the age of consent and allow a child to get married at 16.  But that is not surprising as you always miss points that do not agree with your little fantasy world.

Ms Tree said:
Speeding has been proven to kill people so it does affect others.  Fail
Drinking at a young age has been proven to hurt/kill people so having restrictions on it serves a purpose.  Fail.
Having sex with a minor has been proven to harm people.  Fail.

Ms Tree said:
Just because there is a law does not necessarily mean it is just or sound.  The age of consent has a strong argument to back it up. 
Incest afflicts children with birth defects at a high rate. FAIL!!!!
(PER THE CDC) Although MSM represent about 4% of the male population in the United States, in 2010, MSM accounted for 78% of new HIV infections among males and 63% of all new infections. FAIL!!!!! 

Ms Tree said:
But that is not surprising as you always miss points that do not agree with your little fantasy world.
You are the one living in a fantasy world.

If it feels good do it right?

I have yet to see you comment on the high percentage of HIV infections among gay men backed by legitimate CDC data despite my request for comments several times. Then you come on here DEMANDING answers to your ridiculous questions.

I guess being a libtard "entitles" you to demand what you want and ignore what you don't.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:

Incest afflicts children with birth defects at a high rate. FAIL!!!!
(PER THE CDC) Although MSM represent about 4% of the male population in the United States, in 2010, MSM accounted for 78% of new HIV infections among males and 63% of all new infections. FAIL!!!!! 

You are the one living in a fantasy world.

If it feels good do it right?

I have yet to see you comment on the high percentage of HIV infections among gay men backed by legitimate CDC data despite my request for comments several times. Then you come on here DEMANDING answers to your ridiculous questions.

I guess being a libtard "entitles" you to demand what you want and ignore what you don't.
Incest and marriage are two distinct things unless you are suggesting that sex cannot occure out side of marriage.  The fact that the girl and her father are not married is not preventing them from having sex.

What is there to comment on? Studies seem to suggest that HIV is higher among gays.  What of it?

Black Magic said:
You know what the liberals say..."If it feels good and doesnt hurt anybody else go for it!" These people have rights!
Who's going to walk the bride down the aisle and give her away?

Back