World Aids Day...

firstadmendment why do you refer to yourself as a "faggot"? i thought homosexuals were highly offended by this term, or is it something the gay community can throw around towards one another but the heterosexual is out of line by using this word? personally I have no care for ones lifestyle choices as long as im not put out by them, we all choose our paths and must face the consequence's. you like to refer to hetero's as "breeder's" well i guess your parents would fall into that category as well, but i will submit that no all heteros engage in sex simply to procreate so easy on the name calling. WE should all be responsible adults and except whatever fate our choices may bring.............peace!

local 12 proud said:
firstadmendment why do you refer to yourself as a "faggot"? i thought homosexuals were highly offended by this term, or is it something the gay community can throw around towards one another but the heterosexual is out of line by using this word? personally I have no care for ones lifestyle choices as long as im not put out by them, we all choose our paths and must face the consequence's. you like to refer to hetero's as "breeder's" well i guess your parents would fall into that category as well, but i will submit that no all heteros engage in sex simply to procreate so easy on the name calling. WE should all be responsible adults and except whatever fate our choices may bring.............peace!
[post="227075"][/post]​

Your right LOCAL, it was done in the heat of anger. Referring to myself as faggot is much like some of my black friends who may say something like..well, this n(word) ain't gonna take it. Breeders was another stab. Poor judgement, I know. Thanks for pointing it out. Sometimes we fall in the trap of giving the argumentive, non budging folks a reason to say, you see, I told you. I guess I could edit it, but I think I will leave it because it is better to admit when you have used poor judgement. Lesson? Never respond in the heat of anger.

BTW, the various names are always changing. I remember when queer was viewed the same way. The 20 somethings use it all the time whereas the 40 somethings still quiver at it. Strange, but I guess in many ways, healing.

That's what I like about you LOCAL. You are a voice of reason and you keep me in check in the kindest of ways. Thanks. ;)

Firstamendment, thankyou for the kind words. we are all guilty of saying things in the heat of anger we wished we had'nt said, no one person is without faults just as everyone has something to give and learning to accept that we are not all the same but we are all EQUAL is essential if we ever hope to live harmoniously......JMHO :)

firstamendment said:
, ...it could go on and on. But please, just because two people of the same sex HAVE sex doesn't mean they will get aids. .
This faggot doesn't ask a God d@mn thing from you, mustless ask you to pay for my medical expenses or funeral. I have a wonderful family and friends who love me for who I am, so your ignorant and false comebacks don't faze this longtime survivor at all and I could give a sh!t what you have to say.
[post="226851"][/post]​

Just because two people of the same sex HAVE sex doesn't mean they will get aids is true. Just because two people of the same sex HAVE sex doesn't mean a lot of things. The key word here is "doesn't." If I counter what relations between two people of the same sex and intimacy between a man and a woman would weigh on a scale I know how the scales would tip for me. I'm glad for you that you have a family and friends that love you for who you are and that you don't give a shi@ what those like me have to say. I'm glad that our God is a loving God; and that Christ died on the cross; interceeding for our sins. I'm glad that you don't want me or mine to pay for your medical expenses or funeral. I do not accept your lifestyle; but I am willing to tolerate it as long as you do not impose it on me or mine. Of this I fear I have no choice. So carry on; and best wishes.

TheLazarusman said:
Just because two people of the same sex HAVE sex doesn't mean they will get aids is true. Just because two people of the same sex HAVE sex doesn't mean a lot of things. The key word here is "doesn't." If I counter what relations between two people of the same sex and intimacy between a man and a woman would weigh on a scale I know how the scales would tip for me. I'm glad for you that you have a family and friends that love you for who you are and that you don't give a shi@ what those like me have to say. I'm glad that our God is a loving God; and that Christ died on the cross; interceeding for our sins. I'm glad that you don't want me or mine to pay for your medical expenses or funeral. I do not accept your lifestyle; but I am willing to tolerate it as long as you do not impose it on me or mine. Of this I fear I have no choice. So carry on; and best wishes.
[post="228269"][/post]​

Thanks L-MAN, I feel the same way about your life-style. Please don't "impose it" on me. But please, don't TOLERATE me. I don't want your TOLERANCE. If you can't accept me, I would prefer you to NOT tolerate me. TOLERANCE is hypocritical. It is the rolling of your eyes and talking under your breathe with a fakey smile kind of thing. NO NO!! I would much rather you say you're going to hell cause you're gay or I hate gays or fags burn in hell...cause I don't belive in any of that, it doesn't faze me. My experience with the term TOLERANCE is that most, if given the right moment, would lash out at someone gay in a heartbeat. That I know. I am a homo, you aren't. TOLERANCE is the stiff smile of someone saying, "Everything is just FINE" Don't do me any favors.

Winglet, I am not trying to pick a fight with you and believe me, I know where you are coming from and I do appreciate it. The word tolerance in regards to homosexuality kind of makes me nervous as its so often a way of "just putting up with". I guess I look at the big march yesterday against gay marriage and for "traditional" marriage and what I see are people who are "tolerant" and kind enough to let us exist, but the buck stops with two men breaking away from the permiscuist stereotypes that straight people have of gays to have a stable, and yes, loving relationship.

If I seperate all that is part of the essence of who I AM, or who YOU are, we are denying and lying because sexuality is a part of who we ARE..who we love, who we admire..who we date...our family...our friends. I could only be a friendly acquaitance for those of that thinking as the foundation of any relationship must be of trust. Tolerance does NOT meet the criteria of trust. It is conditional. Those are just MY thoughts.

And as you are a christian, don't forget to keep the Christ in Christmas. :) ;)

Latest posts

Back