Would you hire a Striking U Pilot?

traderjake

Veteran
Aug 30, 2002
www.usaviation.com
If we go on strike U gets liquidated. RSA will pull the DIP fiancing and no one is going to replace them.
If you were in charge of hiring pilots at Southwest, Jetblue, etc. would you hire a pilot that caused the liquidation of his last employer?

Yes...and why wouldn't you?
9.gif']

Junoir pilot who was furloughed before the rest decided to take the ship down, sure!

Pilot whom took the ship down - not a chance. When you hire someone, you want a certain element. Someone who has enough pent up hate to take a company out without just moving out is not someone I would want on property. Their dark outlook on life would eventually spread through out the rest of the work force and then suddenly you go from having a LUV/JBLUE workforce to one of infighting and hate.

Let's think about another thing...a 55 year old pilot whom use to fly the A330...suddenly in the right seat of a Beech 1900D at CommutAir.

"Let's think about another thing...a 55 year old pilot whom use to fly the A330...suddenly in the right seat of a Beech 1900D at CommutAir."

no difference between him and the 55 year old new hire mechanic with 35 years experience working 3rd shift at any other airline. Do you want the experience or the newbie..I would take the oldtimer everytime. But then I'am not a newbie.
2.gif']

This post is a red herring. The pilots will not strike. We don't need to. Dave will come to his senses and live up to his committments made in LOA 84. And if he decides he doesn't need to live up to those committments, we still will not strike. We don't need to. Count on it.

mr

Again, the implication is that pilots can ONLY fly. Nothing could be further from the truth. Even so, did the Eastern pilots or mechanics get hired after Eastern tanked? Airlines are interested in experience...it gets them cheaper insurance rates. These posts really are boring broken records full of pilot bashing, blah, blah, blah....

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/11/2003 6:25:07 AM mrplanes wrote:

This post is a red herring. The pilots will not strike. We don't need to. Dave will come to his senses and live up to his committments made in LOA 84. And if he decides he doesn't need to live up to those committments, we still will not strike. We don't need to. Count on it.

mr
----------------
[/blockquote]

Mr, Mind if I ask what the last 2 sentences refer too? "We don't need to. Count on it." What is it you're trying to say here?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/10/2003 11:08:19 PM traderjake wrote:

If we go on strike U gets liquidated. RSA will pull the DIP fiancing and no one is going to replace them.

If you were in charge of hiring pilots at Southwest, Jetblue, etc. would you hire a pilot that caused the liquidation of his last employer?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Piedmont (the OLD Piedmont) hired me off a picket line. They wanted assurance that that I had NOT crossed. They didn't want any union problems by hiring a scab.

As far as I know any kind of strike, sick out, slow down would be illegal. And if it was organized by the union, the union would be responsible for any losses that would occur. (AMR pilots learned this lesson).

With that said I DO NOT agree that it is fair that the company is changing your pension. I do not know what your final pension plan is going to look like but you will have ownership of some of the company + profit sharing and anything beats unemployment.

DO NOT let ALPA lure you into fighting the industry and country wide pension problems here and destroy what is left at U.

Pension issues are everywere. In every type of business. The future is being reshaped. UAL and AMR will be next to address their pension problem. It is not U pilots job to fight their battles too.

Have striking pilots of the past gotten jobs?
Yes.
Is their a list of pilots who have gone on strike?
No
Is their a list of Scabs?
Yes
Who do you think hires pilots?
Pilots

allbuzness,

The Company has requested abrogation of the Pilot CBA under Sect. 1113 of the bk code. If the Judge permits the pension flush, the Pilots are free to engage in self-help. However, being able to resort to self-help and actually doing so are two different things.

IMHO, the Pilots will continue to fly and do their thing as the professionals they are...until the Company emerges from bk and starts making money. At that time, they can re-negotiate anything in the CBA or resort to self-help without the RLA process or release from the NMB.

In short, they will have a negotiated contract under better terms years before the other labor groups emerge from their concessionary contracts in '08,'09.

Ain't it funny how things work out...

As a regional pilot, perhaps a better question would be; Would a mainline pilot take a job at your airline, knowingly undermining your pilot group, take your seats, your seniority, and give you the good old union handshake while doing it? You betcha!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/11/2003 9:20:00 AM autofixer wrote:

Again, the implication is that pilots can ONLY fly. Nothing could be further from the truth. Even so, did the Eastern pilots or mechanics get hired after Eastern tanked? Airlines are interested in experience...it gets them cheaper insurance rates. These posts really are boring broken records full of pilot bashing, blah, blah, blah....
----------------
[/blockquote]
does this cause you to endure STRESS?