Wow, US Airways Is #1

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/mos...rst/worst8.html

Keep in mind on their ranking scale of 1-10, 1 is good, 10 is really, really, bad.

Best & worst: Product Quality

Least admired

Rank Company Industry rank
1 US Airways Group 10
2 CSX 4
3 Wyndham International 7
4 Qwest Communications 10
5 Volt Info. Sciences 6
6 Deutsche Post 5
7 Tenet Healthcare 10
8 UAL 9
9 Dollar General 10
10 Navistar International

--------------
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/mos...shots/1510.html

US Airways Group
Get quote: UAIRQ
Overall score: 3.25
Top 20 Rank: N.A.
Rank among Airlines: 10

Address: 2345 Crystal Dr. Arlington, VA 22227
Phone: 703-872-7000

Eight key attrbutes of reputation Industry rank
Innovation 10
Employee talent 8
Use of corporate assets 9
Social responsibility 10
Quality of management 10
Financial soundness 8
Long-term investment 9
Quality of products/services 10

Industry: Airlines

Most Admired

Rank Company Overall score
1 Continental Airlines 7.36
2 Southwest Airlines 7.19
3 AMR 5.41
4 Alaska Air Group 5.34
5 ExpressJet Holdings 5.22

Contenders

Rank Company Overall score
6 America West Holdings 4.40
7 Northwest Airlines 4.40
8 Delta Air Lines 3.64
9 UAL 3.38
10 US Airways Group 3.25

Notes:
Acquired America West Holdings, Sept. 27, 2005

Ah, there is hope!

Who really cares about these polls? Do they really think NW is a better airline? What a piece of garbage this is!! Just keep your heads held high and eventually they will see the truth. And if they dont, who really cares!!!

I realize they are talking about the old U, but what about the retention bonus's the judge ok'd to keep "talent" from jumping ship? No wonder he is a judge as I doubt he could make it in the real world! Looking at the stats I see they got a 10 for managment :(

Hopefully DP will take at look at the poll to see just what he is dealing with.....

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey
Things HAVE to turn around. I mean, really, when your dead last there is nowhere to go but up.

"Financial soundness 8"

Consider the quality of the poll if after 2 rounds of bankruptcy and US still scores an 8 out of 10!?!

Great point eyeinthesky, nowhere to go but up!!!

They should have ditched both names and come up with something warm and fuzzy.

"I wuv you Airlines!"

"Hello Kitty International"

"Warm and Fuzzy Airlines"

"Hooters Air" oh, I forgot, someone already took that.

I realize they are talking about the old U, but what about the retention bonus's the judge ok'd to keep "talent" from jumping ship? No wonder he is a judge as I doubt he could make it in the real world! Looking at the stats I see they got a 10 for managment :(

Hopefully DP will take at look at the poll to see just what he is dealing with.....
Just remember a judge is a politician and a lawyer you can't get much more detestable than that! :down:

And with the choices the new guys are making we will stay right at the top. The goal is to degrade our employees more and more every day. Us/west motto "it will be this way for a little bit longer, and then get worse." Keep up the good work.

Who really cares about these polls? Do they really think NW is a better airline? What a piece of garbage this is!! Just keep your heads held high and eventually they will see the truth. And if they dont, who really cares!!!
:blink: i dont think its the QUALITY of the airline, its the way the airline treats it's employees. At US EAst they treat the employees horribly. Many, MANY years ago it was a wonderful company to work for, its unfortunate that now it sucks to work for US ( east).

:blink: i dont think its the QUALITY of the airline, its the way the airline treats it's employees. At US EAst they treat the employees horribly. Many, MANY years ago it was a wonderful company to work for, its unfortunate that now it sucks to work for US ( east).

And the response is it could be worse.

I am still trying to figure out how.