Annual Rating Of Airline Quality

I know for a fact Jet Blue has many ex USAirways liabilities (As Dave&Co think of employee's) currentely working for them. I have quite a few friends working there that now love their job and truly enjoy going to work each day now that they feel they are finally appreciated............. :huh:

This is of real interest to those that say the only reason people fly the LCCs is cost. It clearly isnt cost but value. And while US can be congratulated for beating the other legacy carriers, these data indicate that despite their lower costs, the LCCs are delivering a better product to the customer.

These are not fair comparisons.

See article.

USA Today

"Critics of the Airline Quality Ratings say the criteria favor smaller, point-to-point airlines, like low-cost carriers. Unlike network airlines, their planes generally don't pass through large hubs that can become bottlenecks. As a result, isolated delays typically don't swell into systemwide problems."

I personally believe Southwest 'cooks the books' on its departure times. On those occasions when I need to travel to southwestern destinations not served by US, I'll fly the transoms on US and connect with Southwest. On 7 of the last 10 flights, Southwest was delayed. Most recently PHL to ABQ on 4/3 - 2.5 hour delay. Southwest will say it’s weather, but in fact it’s the 50 flights they’ve got trying to arrive at the same time. Fools!

That's unfair in the same way that it's unfair that Consumer Reports gives higher ratings to products that perform better due to better engineering. The issue is that the hubbed carriers have worse performance by design. Change the design, you change the results. If you care about the results.

As I am sitting here, waiting to go to LGA to pick someone up on a US flight that left 90 minutes late, I would have to say the reasons dont matter much. Flights are on time or not. Bags are lost or not. Passengers feel treated well and dont complain or they do complain. While you have to know the reasons to fix the problems it is of no interest to the customer. They just see the result.

Latest posts