Do you think this contract will pass?

• Yes

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • No

Votes: 54 61.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem I have with being released from mediation is I feel jim went behind our backs to be released.

FACT: Case in point our local prez. steve gilboy had no idea when the news came out that the TWU asked to be released and gilboy is one of the primary negotiators so what fricking page is every one on obviously not the same

maybe bob could shed some light on this FACT

just for the recorded I was a yes voter, but if the TA goes down and it sounds thats the way its going, at least it will be by a large majority.

It will be interesting where we go from here and if comes to a strike I will walk the picket line, I only hope we suceed, voting no is one thing walking is going to be another one altogether

I had one excutive board member tell me the TWU doesn't have the balls to strike so I really don't know where that leaves us

If this POS TA goes down, I would also like to see ALL the local presidents who voted to bring this back to the membership resign or within you own local make a motion to remove them from negotiations.

It will be interesting where we go from here and if comes to a strike I will walk the picket line, I only hope we suceed, voting no is one thing walking is going to be another one altogether

I had one excutive board member tell me the TWU doesn't have the balls to strike so I really don't know where that leaves us

How much money does the TWU have in its strike fund?

I did not have A problem with this this POS TA coming back to the membership for a vote. Negotiations were going nowhere and we needed a overwhelming no vote to let AA and the TWU know what labor thought of AA's mismanagement. Now it is up to the TWU how they handle the next steps. As for AMP, I just fundamentally disagree with changing bargaining agents in the middle of negotiations.

The only problem I have with being released from mediation is I feel jim went behind our backs to be released.

FACT: Case in point our local prez. steve gilboy had no idea when the news came out that the TWU asked to be released and gilboy is one of the primary negotiators so what fricking page is every one on obviously not the same

maybe bob could shed some light on this FACT
Not really sure what you are talking about. Back in the spring we asked to be released pending an agreement. Its understood that when you bring back a TA that the committee feels thats the best deal they can get so unless the company comes forward with a much better offer of course we would ask to be released.

Your President supported this crappy deal as far back as 2008, or so I'm told. After oil spiked at $150/brl they came back with something thats not quite as bad as this TA and I'm told that he led the 'exercise" that became the August 2008 proposal, then in June of 2009 he was the one leading the charge to abandon our table position and "show the 6th floor that we were serious about filling those white spaces in the dock plan". He even proposed making it a four year deal. Three months later he had an International title.

During the Road Show he told our guys that they would not bring back a concessionary deal, "restore and More" was the mantra, he did say that that if the majority of the intems were restored there that they wouldnt hold up the deal for something like a paid lunch but it was clear that they promised a lot more than what they brought back. He later denied saying that, despite many witnesses, so I really dont have much faith in what he says.

Not really sure what you are talking about. Back in the spring we asked to be released pending an agreement. Its understood that when you bring back a TA that the committee feels thats the best deal they can get so unless the company comes forward with a much better offer of course we would ask to be released.

Your President supported this crappy deal as far back as 2008, or so I'm told. After oil spiked at $150/brl they came back with something thats not quite as bad as this TA and I'm told that he led the 'exercise" that became the August 2008 proposal, then in June of 2009 he was the one leading the charge to abandon our table position and "show the 6th floor that we were serious about filling those white spaces in the dock plan". He even proposed making it a four year deal. Three months later he had an International title.

During the Road Show he told our guys that they would not bring back a concessionary deal, "restore and More" was the mantra, he did say that that if the majority of the intems were restored there that they wouldnt hold up the deal for something like a paid lunch but it was clear that they promised a lot more than what they brought back. He later denied saying that, despite many witnesses, so I really dont have much faith in what he says.
so when little asked to be release are negotiating team was all in agreement?

Stores 332 YES 384 NO
M&R 3371Yes 6074 NO

And I guess the NO vote authorizes the negotiating committee to take whatever action necessary up to and including a strike

:D :D :D

And dont bring another TA back unless its got my 15K of RETRO PAY

:p

so when little asked to be release are negotiating team was all in agreement?

They were in as much agreement with that as they were with the insert that was stuffed into the ballott.

When are you going to realize that the negotiating team does not negotiate with the company, the International does. We arent even allowed to speak or contact the company in any way.

Read Article 47, although we are called a Negotiating Committee we are in reality a Witness Committee.

I spent the last year and a half negotiating with Don, your President and others who were continually trying to lower the expectations of the Committee. I sent one E-mail with a breakdown of one of the companys proposals and was promptly directed to not communicate with the company.

"...Stores 332 YES 384 NO
M&R 3371Yes 6074 NO"...

If true, we have completed one circle: one more to go.

Now that is a clear message from the mechanic and related. 2001 contrat with cola/geo pay and retro to may 2008........minimum. GREAT JOB GUYS AND GALS

Today we witnessed the ballot count for the M&R T/A. The count is as follows, there has been unprecedented participation in this vote and it has taken all day. I appreciate your patience and solidarity.

The M&R Tentative Agreement is YES 3371 NO 6074

The Stores Tentative Agreement is YES 332 NO 384

The Tec. Spec. Tentative Agreement YES 60 NO 18

10251 total ballots cast including blanks and voids 23 that were set aside.

THE MEMBERSHIP, has SPOKEN

Today we witnessed the ballot count for the M&R T/A. The count is as follows, there has been unprecedented participation in this vote and it has taken all day. I appreciate your patience and solidarity.

The M&R Tentative Agreement is YES 3371 NO 6074

The Stores Tentative Agreement is YES 332 NO 384

The Tec. Spec. Tentative Agreement YES 60 NO 18

10251 total ballots cast including blanks and voids 23 that were set aside.

THE MEMBERSHIP, has SPOKEN
Where did you get the numbers from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back