Yellow Tag Pulled Because Of The Cockroach Tag?

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
I had an interesting experience today on my LGA-BGR flight. I keep 2 yellow tags on my overnight bag, which has the US-COCKROACH.COM symbol on it. As you know Cockroach is the original name of FFOCUS, and it represents total support and loyalty to US.

When we got to BGR, it appears someone had pulled the yellow tags off my bag, and it was headed for baggage claim even though it was gate checked. As this has NEVER happened before, I wonder if someone thought perhaps that the cockroach tag is a bad thing, and chose to reward me for exhibiting it. They did seem less than helpful in giving me my bag on the ramp-the guy had to carry it inside.

No disrespect to BGR, but could someone let them know up there that the Roaches are a good thing?????

Be aware this post is only SEMI serious folks......

My best to you all.....

Art at ISP said:
I had an interesting experience today on my LGA-BGR flight. I keep 2 yellow tags on my overnight bag, which has the US-COCKROACH.COM symbol on it. As you know Cockroach is the original name of FFOCUS, and it represents total support and loyalty to US.

When we got to BGR, it appears someone had pulled the yellow tags off my bag, and it was headed for baggage claim even though it was gate checked. As this has NEVER happened before, I wonder if someone thought perhaps that the cockroach tag is a bad thing, and chose to reward me for exhibiting it. They did seem less than helpful in giving me my bag on the ramp-the guy had to carry it inside.

No disrespect to BGR, but could someone let them know up there that the Roaches are a good thing?????

Be aware this post is only SEMI serious folks......

My best to you all.....
[post="292461"][/post]​

You know there are alot of beltloaders and baggage conveyors that live on a diet of doo-dads that hang off of bags: tags, locks, zippers, etc. Eat 'em up, yum.

coolflyingfool said:
I saw a beltloader eat a golf cluf once. Not a pretty sight to the owner. I believe he said it WAS a Ping Zing. Not a golfer so not sure of this exactly.
[post="292677"][/post]​

http://www.pinggolf.com/classics/irons/zing.html

Looks expensive and it has to be special ordered. Doesn't list a price. If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Allow me to clarify in case of misunderstanding. It wasn't the cockroach tag they cut off, it was the two yellow carry on tags, which meant I would have had to look for my bags in baggage claim. I minor annoyance, but I saw the bag on the cart, and the BGR guys did give me a small hard time about giving me the bag.

Like I said, in the general scheme of things nothing more than a minor annoyance.

And 732 guy, obviously there are people who do care....

I've seen them get stuck in the cargo bin or under another bag and get ripped off. Also, if they were ratty and torn, they might have pulled them off to put a new one on and didnt. I know from working Express before that they do rip off (the cargo bin of some planes will verify that).
Also, if the cockroach tag looks like a carryon tag (yellow?) they might have actually thought it was a carryon tag and ripped the other ratty ones off.

Probably someone just who just transferred from PHL.......They are ripping off all the yellow priority tags so our best customers have to wait the longest at baggage claim........

EyeInTheSky said:
Maybe they'll show up on eBay. :p

I mean look what US Airways stuff people are selling on eBay these days...safety cards, playing cards, Attache magazines...and some sick employee is selling the old tin from Mrs. Fields Cookies that we got for Xmas waaaayyy back. LOL
[post="292608"][/post]​

I know someone who still has a few cans of Piedmont Punch. Wonder how much (if anything) he could get for that on eBay. Of course, I'm pretty sure that whatever's still inside those cans is less than tasty. :D

PineyBob said:
What you describe has been going on for years! I actually did a test one summer and wrote Consumer Affairs about it.

The test was every other trip for 6 trips I would have the out station put on the Priority tags. Only when they were on would my bags come out last.

I posted this before and just like Al Crellin on last Christmas I got all manner of reasons and excuses but no results.
[post="292954"][/post]​

In a post on 1/7/04 I gave you the reason your bags came up last when they had the priority tags on them but you were too busy drinking the company Kool-aid and didn't want to believe it.

Piney is right. The Priority tags seem to jinx my bags too. Seeing that they come out first is a simple matter of seeing that people do what is expected of them.

Although I have no facts other than my own yellow tag experiments, I suspect that the bag problem at PHL is ultimately because there is no supervision or discipline. Of course I might well be wrong...

Well, since the manager would actually have to venture into the masses to check and see if the "Orange Star Tags" actually come out first, dont expect this to happen. If they wanted to get the message out, you post a memo that they MUST come out first. Then, later that week, go check in baggage claim to see if they do. If not, verbal warning for not doing job. If it happens again, written up. The company is too lazy to take care of the business they need to in many instances. It isnt just the "union" guys that are lazy. They just know that many of the managers are even "lazier" so they can get away with things.