Yellow Tag Pulled Because Of The Cockroach Tag?

PineyBob said:
You know DMG not to be mean or mean spirited I don't give a Fat Rat's Arse the reason why.

I'm not Suha Arkan or Al Crellin so pardon me if I don't care about your reasons one little bit.
[post="293046"][/post]​

In the thread back in January 2004 you threw around phrases like "class envy" and "attytude" for possible reasons the priority bags weren't coming up first in PHL. Your constant attack on rampers, and other employee groups back then, was getting old. I simply gave you the reason why it was happening so that you could be a little more informed (than you think you are) when the Station Director returned your phone call (which I know he didn't).

I'm not here to give you reasons or excuses. Your lack of respect and constant bashing of the employees groups in the past will never be forgotten, and you deserve no respect in return.

bofie said:
Piney is right. The Priority tags seem to jinx my bags too. Seeing that they come out first is a simple matter of seeing that people do what is expected of them.

Although I have no facts other than my own yellow tag experiments, I suspect that the bag problem at PHL is ultimately because there is no supervision or discipline. Of course I might well be wrong...
[post="293048"][/post]​

The priority bags are to be loaded last and put closest to the bin door. Therefore they are the first to come off the aircraft and the first to go in the cart. Since there aren't enough carts to keep priority bags seperate the rest of the bags get piled on top of the priority bags. At the bag belt you have to unload from the top, thus the priority are the last to be put on the bag belt. This is the case with most flights and I wouldn't use those tags when coming to PHL. This problem won't be fixed until there is proper staffing and equipment levels, and management is powerless.

PineyBob said:
So as for respect goes DMG in my world it is earned. As for "Bashing" is it bashing when you point out that procedures aren't being followed?

You forget DMG that i was "Behind the curtain" in PHL and actually visited the ramp and saw first hand the conditions that you work in. I also saw that the IAM had ordered your co-workers not to speak to us. You want me to detail the scene down there and how four customers who tried to help were treated compared to the other workgroups in PHL? Trust me I won't embarass you. Like Las Vegas what happened on the ramp that day will stay there? I have some class. Gosh darn little but some.
[post="293101"][/post]​

Bashing is calling people (or entire work groups) names on an internet site when you have no idea what it takes to get the job done, or what the employees have to overcome on a daily basis. You don't want reasons or excuses, so instead of asking why something happened the way it did you took the low road and started the name calling. Anyone can go back and read your prior posts to see what you're all about. I want to say your prior posts are pathetic, but they're actually sad

Say what you want about your visit to the ramp in PHL, you won't embarass me. You had shown zero respect for rampers in PHL on this site, what did you expect to get in return? FSA were made aware of your attitude towards them and chose on their own whether to speak with you or not. We don't forgive easily, and we never forget. You will never get shown any respect on the PHL ramp.

You led the FFOCUS group away from CCY and towards the employee groups? Two things:
1. Too late
2. FSA in PHL don't want you.

Everything you and your group has done since "coming over" to the employee side means nothing to FSA in PHL after the way you bashed employees in the past. I'm sure other people appreciate it, and that's great, but everyone can see right through you and your motives.

D M G said:
Say what you want about your visit to the ramp in PHL, you won't embarass me. You had shown zero respect for rampers in PHL on this site, what did you expect to get in return? FSA were made aware of your attitude towards them and chose on their own whether to speak with you or not. We don't forgive easily, and we never forget. You will never get shown any respect on the PHL ramp.

[post="293249"][/post]​

Since I was one of the 4 who made the November visit to PHL, let me jump in the pool, D M G.

I understand we had mgmt in tow on our visit downstairs, however, after a while they loosened their reign on us, and Gretch and I were able to speak to folks without mgmt being in earshot... and some of the things we heard were positive. One gal told us she had taken time to read the company financials and understood where things were coming from (granted this is before the PHL holiday meltdown and all). IIRC, Bob was able to speak to the local union representative that day also, away from mgmt.

We wish the rampers we met could have been more open with us. Instead, they were told we were coming, so they immediately thought we were CCY pawns. Given that, we understand the "attitude" we were given. We were not the ones with the attitude here.

Doesn't this sound like CCY playing two ends against the middle to get their way, i.e. the same ol' CCY song and dance they are so good at?

Now you know why many of us show "Hershey Love" as we travel, and as an organization we have went back to the cockroach as our symbol, and brought back out the cockroach pins. The cockroach was a symbol NOT created by CCY, but it was inspired by their attitude. Sort of ironic that we customers see it as clearly as you folks in the trenches, isn't it?

And I "stoop low" to give Hershey Love to rampers when I have access to them, granted it's mostly when I fly Express, as they take our carryons that don't fit in the CRJ/ERJ. For example, it was a snowy Saturday in January in CLT of all places. A few express rampers (PSA I'd assume?) had the flight I was on back to GSO loaded and were waiting for us passengers to come out and load our carryons. As the snow continued to fall and accumulate, they entertained themselves and us waiting in the terminal by playing an imaginary game of baseball with snowballs. It was hilarious, and all of us inside were eating it up. When we boarded, I was in Zone 1, I approached these guys and gave all of the (I think 4 or 5 of them) some Hershey Love. I think it shocked them, but I told them we appreciated the show and the regular work they do for us. There were lots of thank you's, something I'm sure mgmt doesn't say to them.

It's too bad we don't get to see the rampers to thank you due to where you work, but we do appreciate the jobs that get done... that is when it gets done right. It's too bad that those of you in PHL are stuck in the system that is in place there. I really wish we could have seen more of that on that day last November and heard the real scoop given what ended up happening a month later. That is another can of worms that has already been opened and ignored by CCY.

Are we real bashers because we do things that the folks in CCY deem improper, like say thank you? I'll let you answer that one, D M G.

jimcfs said:
Are we real bashers because we do things that the folks in CCY deem improper, like say thank you? I'll let you answer that one, D M G.
[post="293282"][/post]​

Hand out the candy and say "thank you" all you want, it still won't make up for the bashings that Bob directed at the employees. FFOCUS got used like an old dish rag by the company, but now that Bob has "led the entire organization away from CCY and towards the employee groups" we're supposed to forget the past, eat a piece of candy, and bash CCY together? I don't think so. Bob has called for employee discipline and terminations several times on this board without knowing all the facts, and that's inexcusable.

If things that were said on this board were never said your visit to the ramp would have been a real eye opener for you guys. You would have been shown the true (mis)operation that we've had to deal with every day for the past 10+ years. You would have been able to see that a meltdown was coming, as I had mentioned on this board two months prior. It had nothing to do with FSA thinking you were CCY pawns or because managers were around. We'll speak our mind to anyone, from Lakefield on down. Things went down the way they did because of Bob, plain and simple.

D M G said:
The priority bags are to be loaded last and put closest to the bin door. Therefore they are the first to come off the aircraft and the first to go in the cart. Since there aren't enough carts to keep priority bags seperate the rest of the bags get piled on top of the priority bags. At the bag belt you have to unload from the top, thus the priority are the last to be put on the bag belt. This is the case with most flights and I wouldn't use those tags when coming to PHL. This problem won't be fixed until there is proper staffing and equipment levels, and management is powerless.
[post="293087"][/post]​

Thanks, D M G.

Are you optimistic that things might improve?

D M G said:
If things that were said on this board were never said your visit to the ramp would have been a real eye opener for you guys. You would have been shown the true (mis)operation that we've had to deal with every day for the past 10+ years. You would have been able to see that a meltdown was coming, as I had mentioned on this board two months prior. It had nothing to do with FSA thinking you were CCY pawns or because managers were around. We'll speak our mind to anyone, from Lakefield on down. Things went down the way they did because of Bob, plain and simple.
[post="293347"][/post]​

A few points...
Not all of us in FFOCUS necessarily think the same way.
I'm not going to purport to know how you should do your job.
I've had rampers as roommates (including one who, upon earning his degree, became the local GM for another airline). I've spent a lot of time on the ramp, though not working. I've seen the conditions first hand and heard far more first-hand explanations than I probably cared to hear. For the most part you guys are doing your best. If I have to wait an extra 5 minutes for my bag, so be it, if the overall bag delivery time is reasonable (and I understand that the facilities hinder bag delivery times at some stations.... like in JAX where the drive-through lane behind the claim belts is narrow and airlines like Delta and Southwest like to use the first belt and normally block everybody else out while they are downbelting bags) and my bag shows up undamaged and dry. I've only complained about ramp service once: Off of an RJ flight all of the gate checked bags were sent down to bag claim "to keep them dry" because of the rain. Well, bags showed up soaking wet as they sat outside in an open-top bag cart.

Perhaps some Preferreds around here would prefer their bags come out first no matter what? Maybe they should be the first ones off the plane, and set down in the rain until the cart is full so they can go on top?

Nor am I going to compare sales to an hourly waged labor-intensive job.

Yeah, I'm sure there are some folks out there who need to get fired. There's those select few in any work group. But I agree that making sweeping statements about work groups is wrong.

bofie said:
Are you optimistic that things might improve?
[post="293374"][/post]​

I wish I could say 'yes', but I can't.

Every regime change (from the CEOs to local Management) for the past 15 years has promised to make things better in PHL, but it never happens. A certain Sr. Officer with Usairways has never hid his dislike for PHL FSA, and since he's staying on board I don't think we'll see much change. Hopefully I'm wrong.

JAXPax said:
Perhaps some Preferreds around here would prefer their bags come out first no matter what? Maybe they should be the first ones off the plane, and set down in the rain until the cart is full so they can go on top?
[post="293378"][/post]​

It's funny you mention that because we've had complaints from PAX that their bags were put on the ground and not in a cart during the offload. They didn't realize that they would be thrown on the top of the pile to be put on the belt first. It's not always possible to do this however, no two offloads are the same. The bag carts have a top and bottom which made it easier to seperate priority from the others, but the company started buying only freight carts which don't have the shelf. Then you have managers breathing down your neck to get the bags to the claim area, so there isn't much time to handle the bags twice at the bottom of the beltloader. Sometimes you just can't win.

I know FFOCUS members don't all think the same, but it's a shame that one member ruined an opportunity for other FFOCUS members to learn about the true inner workings of the ramp in PHL. Hopefully you guys will get the opportunity to come down again, but bring Brucie and Big Al with you because we have quite a few FSA that want to say a few words to them.

EyeInTheSky said:
Maybe they'll show up on eBay.  :p

I mean look what US Airways stuff people are selling on eBay these days...safety cards, playing cards, Attache magazines...and some sick employee is selling the old tin from Mrs. Fields Cookies that we got for Xmas waaaayyy back.  LOL

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?c...ways&category0=
[post="292608"][/post]​

Just be glad there not selling the "wheel of cheese" we got a long time ago...

Wouldn't smell too good :blink: :up:

PineyBob said:
You certainly have selective memory. Way back when we called for ALL responsible to be held accountable for the Christmas Meltdown. That included MR Crellin and others in ops all the way down to the ramp. Turns out your group wasn't responsible
[post="293541"][/post]​

No selective memory here Bob. You called for FSA to be terminated before you had all the facts, and that's all I cared about. No need for me to mention anything else contained in your list of demands.

Bob,

DMG is right, you jumped on the bandwagon with lime boy and did call for all the FSAs to be fired who called in sick. And FAs if I remember.

D M G said:
It's funny you mention that because we've had complaints from PAX that their bags were put on the ground and not in a cart during the offload. They didn't realize that they would be thrown on the top of the pile to be put on the belt first. It's not always possible to do this however, no two offloads are the same.
[post="293502"][/post]​

Why not just pile all the priority tags on top of each other (starting from one side) then when you get to the belt, start unloading the cart from that end and most (if not all) of the priority tags should come off first. I think many times, the guys pull up and just start dumping from the back of the cart without even thinking about the priority tags all loaded together "at the front" of the cart. I've watched our guys do it and it depends on who is offloading as to whether they do it the correct way, so it CAN be done with a minute degree of effort.

Back