You Guys Have Your Own Problems

Missin the point. This is not about your airline or mine. This is about a laxadazical attitude towards errors like this that suggest that these things "just happen sometimes". No they don't just happen sometimes. This is not a chance event where these pilots happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. This happened due to innattentiveness and lack of focus. It doesnt really matter who they work for - we all get painted with the same brush by these types of occurences, and my beef is against an attitude that looks the other way. When people read in the paper that a Northwest pilot got caught showing up drunk for a flight, they don't ask me if I work for Northwest, they ask if I've been drinking. We need to police ourselves and not allow the 1% reflect poorly on the other 99%.