Young Pilot Needs Help :)

O

oocciinn

Hi everyone,

-I'm new so here is who I am :
Nicolas, 15 years old
I live near Paris, France. I'm both french and american. Always loved aviation. I have 35 hours logged on C150 and 172, most of them in France ( the others in the US). My first solo flight was on my last birthday. I flew hundreds of hours as a copilot.
The flight I am goign to tell you about a little further down will be done with a 17 year old French pilot, 130 hours logged, he has his Private Pilote License, Multi engine rating and many hours as a copilot aswell.
-I am going to need your help :
First, here is what I'm planning : a 5-6 day trip down the American East Coast , at the end of june 2005 ,in a brand new very well equiped Cessna 172S :

-
a_N53577.jpg

- Bendix/King KMA 28 Audio Panel
- Bendix/King KX 155A
- Bendix/King KX 155A
- KLN 94 Bendix/King IFR GPS
- KT 76C Bendix/King Transponder
- KMD 550 Bendix/King MFD ( :up: )
- KDR 510 Bendix/King Datalink Weather
- Bendix/King KAP140 Dual-Axis Autopilot
- CD Player( :p )

The first flight will be from KBED (near Boston) to KAUG (Maine). Easy. Then on the same day KAUG-CYUL (Montreal) .
My first problem is crossing the canadian border. I could not find information to help me, especialy since my friend will be travelling with his french passport.

Then coming back, either KAUG, or maybe somewhere else on the way to KPVD ( Providence, Rhode Island)if anyone has a good idea for a nice lunch stop...but same problem crossing the border the other way.

Next morning KPVD-KBWI( Baltimore Int.), short stop, then 20 minute flight to KIAD( Washington DULLES ) where we will stay overnight.

Then back up to KPHL ( Philadelphia ), next day up to KTEB ( Teterboro NJ, near NYC ) because Newark was to expensive.

Then back to departure point, via Cape Cod and maybe a touch and go at Logan (KBOS, Boston MA).

-
temporary-itinerary.JPG

Now here is the help i need :

-first if you any suggestions on anything feel free to post them.
- ATC should not be a big problem for us, though if someone could explain to me how they treat VFR flights in all those big B classes and if you have any recommendation on how to talk/contact/... them, go ahead.
-I have chosen all the FBOs we will go to, but, I dont know "how it works", before landing mostly. We should contact them, and say what ? ( sry if this question sounds stupid...no FBOs in most french airports)

Those are all the questions I can think of for now... I might add some.

If you have questions for me or need details, just ask :D

Thanks to all, at least for reading all this.
Nicolas.
( BTW, I will be making a website with ALL the information needed for this flight if someone wants to do the same, or just needs help... like me today)

Nicolas:
Have fun!
Here is a link for extensive info regarding traveling by air into Canada and returning to the U.S.
http://www.aopa.org/members/files/travel/canada/index2.html
I live in Maine, based at KLEW, and after attending a seminar on traveling to and from Canada,
both my wife and I decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
U.S. planes also need to get a radio license from the FCC($105.00 US).
You'll need to file a Canadian flight plan.
The pain is coming back into the U.S. and going through Customs.

It's my opinion that it's easier to fly to Vermont or New York, park the plane, rent a car and drive to Montreal.

Good luck!
[email protected]

oocciinn said:
Hi everyone,

-I'm new so here is who I am :
Nicolas, 15 years old
I live near Paris, France. I'm both french and american. Always loved aviation. I have 35 hours logged on C150 and 172, most of them in France ( the others in the US). My first solo flight was on my last birthday. I flew hundreds of hours as a copilot.
The flight I am goign to tell you about a little further down will be done with a 17 year old French pilot, 130 hours logged, he has his Private Pilote License, Multi engine rating and many hours as a copilot aswell.
-I am going to need your help :
First, here is what I'm planning : a 5-6 day trip down the American East Coast , at the end of june 2005 ,in a brand new very well equiped Cessna 172S :

-
a_N53577.jpg

- Bendix/King KMA 28 Audio Panel
- Bendix/King KX 155A
- Bendix/King KX 155A
- KLN 94 Bendix/King IFR GPS
- KT 76C Bendix/King Transponder
- KMD 550 Bendix/King MFD ( :up: )
- KDR 510 Bendix/King Datalink Weather
- Bendix/King KAP140 Dual-Axis Autopilot
- CD Player( :p )

The first flight will be from KBED (near Boston) to KAUG (Maine). Easy. Then on the same day KAUG-CYUL (Montreal) .
My first problem is crossing the canadian border. I could not find information to help me, especialy since my friend will be travelling with his french passport.

Then coming back, either KAUG, or maybe somewhere else on the way to KPVD ( Providence, Rhode Island)if anyone has a good idea for a nice lunch stop...but same problem crossing the border the other way.

Next morning KPVD-KBWI( Baltimore Int.), short stop, then 20 minute flight to KIAD( Washington DULLES ) where we will stay overnight.

Then back up to KPHL ( Philadelphia ), next day up to KTEB ( Teterboro NJ, near NYC ) because Newark was to expensive.

Then back to departure point, via Cape Cod and maybe a touch and go at Logan (KBOS, Boston MA).

-
temporary-itinerary.JPG

Now here is the help i need :

-first if you any suggestions on anything feel free to post them.
- ATC should not be a big problem for us, though if someone could explain to me how they treat VFR flights in all those big B classes and if you have any recommendation on how to talk/contact/... them, go ahead.
-I have chosen all the FBOs we will go to, but, I dont know "how it works", before landing mostly. We should contact them, and say what ? ( sry if this question sounds stupid...no FBOs in most french airports)

Those are all the questions I can think of for now... I might add some.

If you have questions for me or need details, just ask :D

Thanks to all, at least for reading all this.
Nicolas.
( BTW, I will be making a website with ALL the information needed for this flight if someone wants to do the same, or just needs help... like me today)
[post="260634"][/post]​

I dont think the touch and go at logan is such a great idea.

This is a joke, right? Flying into BWI, touch and goes at Logan. Why not do a few low passes over LGA while you are at it!

Latest posts