Your Opinion of Gerard Arpey

I love Arpeys Apache. From what I saw on tv he keeps it at Northwest Regional Airport (52F). I earned my private pilot certificate there. Too bad I can't afford to fly any more. I Hope he doesn't have a double engine failure on takeoff from contaminated fuel. Those tall trees are pretty close to the end of RWY35. :up: :up:

I love Arpeys Apache. I Hope he doesn't have a double engine failure on takeoff from contaminated fuel.

Actually, an Apache with either the 150 or 160 is pretty scary with just one engine out on takeoff. I hope he keeps himself current on engine out procedures. The 235 is pretty good, though. But I share your love for the Apache and its successor, the Aztec. Good, rugged, easy to fly, easy to maintain airplanes. And, God Forbid, good to crash.

Great feedback, everyone. I really appreciate the responses. Tamed and educational! Awesome! Thank you. Keep 'em coming!
When I read these "He's the real deal" "Good guy" etc crap it reminds me of USAIR a couple of years ago how all the people there were saying "Dave Seagal" was a good guy who was going to do the right thing. It didnt take long before he showed his true colors.

AS Miaami said "They would steal the food from your mouth if they thought they could get away with it." (Actually they did, and they got away with it with the help of the TWU) My Grandmother used to say it a little different" They would steal the teeth out of your mouth and tell you how much better you look without them".

Arpey is not a friend, ally or coworker and he has no interest in our well being. He has one purpose-to maximaze shareholder value-thats it. His chosen strategy is to gut our pay and benifits and try to get as much productivity as possible from us. The first part has been accomplished, now he is going for the second part. There is no partnership, shared sacrifice etc. He will lie, misinform, mislead, decieve in order to meet that objective. If we help him meet his current objective of increased productivity, in other words reward him for gutting our contracts, and give him something for nothing then we are the fools.

My opinion of Arpey, things could be alot worse.
icahn.jpg

Count your blessings.

When I read these "He's the real deal" "Good guy" etc crap it reminds me of USAIR a couple of years ago how all the people there were saying "Dave Seagal" was a good guy who was going to do the right thing. It didnt take long before he showed his true colors.

Somewhat true, although you're trying to make a comparison that's a little lopsided. Siegel was trying to be everyone's friend in the aftermath of Rakesh Gangrene and Stephen Wolf's regime. That obviously didn't work, and once David Bronner and RSA took the controlling stake in USAirways, it didn't matter what Dave wanted to do or how sincere he was -- Bronner wanted concessions that Siegel either wasn't able to or was willing to try extract from the unions.

Siegel told people what they wanted to hear and/or sugar coated the bad news (his "they're coming to kill us" video the one exception, and nobody believed him because it was soooo out of character, and scripted by Bronner).

Arpey, on the other hand, doesn't sugar coat anything. Perhaps it will take a little getting used to blunt and sometimes brutal honesty, but as with Crandall, I do believe you can trust about 99% of what he's saying, and only worry about the 1% that's unsaid. With Seigel, it was 50%/50%.

AS Miaami said "They would steal the food from your mouth if they thought they could get away with it." (Actually they did, and they got away with it with the help of the TWU) My Grandmother used to say it a little different" They would steal the teeth out of your mouth and tell you how much better you look without them".

Arpey is not a friend, ally or coworker and he has no interest in our well being. He has one purpose-to maximaze shareholder value-thats it. His chosen strategy is to gut our pay and benifits and try to get as much productivity as possible from us. The first part has been accomplished, now he is going for the second part. There is no partnership, shared sacrifice etc. He will lie, misinform, mislead, decieve in order to meet that objective. If we help him meet his current objective of increased productivity, in other words reward him for gutting our contracts, and give him something for nothing then we are the fools.

All I have to say is, Arpey is the leader of a $20B company and making ALOT and I mean ALOT less than his peers. If he was such a bad guy, he would have left to make more money a long time ago. Arpey is the salt of the earth and ONLY cares about the success of American Airlines. He is a regular guy and is very passionate about American and has done a great job of keeping them out of bankruptcy, and leading them back to profitibility. I think he may be one of the greatest success stories in the airline industry in years to come. He should not even be mentioned in the same sentance as Segal or any other maligned CEO :down:

He has earned his bonus in my opinion :up:

All I have to say is, Arpey is the leader of a $20B company and making ALOT and I mean ALOT less than his peers. If he was such a bad guy, he would have left to make more money a long time ago. Arpey is the salt of the earth and ONLY cares about the success of American Airlines. He is a regular guy and is very passionate about American and has done a great job of keeping them out of bankruptcy, and leading them back to profitibility. I think he may be one of the greatest success stories in the airline industry in years to come. He should not even be mentioned in the same sentance as Segal or any other maligned CEO :down:

He has earned his bonus in my opinion :up:
If you check the insider trading for AMR you will find out that all these down and out senior execs. have already received their bonuses but if you want to leave a tip at the door on the way out like was suggested on the cnbc video then be the fool!!!!!!!!