200% To 300% Investment Returns Projected ......

Heck, if you bought US stock today and it made it back to the 52-week high it'd be almost a 200% return (although if the stock doesn't go up significantly soon, that 52-week high will drop by almost 1/3 in the next 60 days). The question is whether US will make it back to it's 52-week high or not - the current analyst consensus is for loses through at least 2011.

Jim

Amazing. So the stock may hit $8.00..

With real management this company has the ingredients to succeed. With the crew they have now running the ship, there is no chance. It's not a matter of if but when.

The true turnaround will begin when they finally realize that business travelers come back more often than vacationers, and that they contribute more to the bottom line.

Remember the top 20% of flyers contribute up to 45% of the revenue...

Oh I forgot--Doug and Scott know everything....we won't let the facts get in their way.

But truthfully, folks, I wish Tempe would start treating the employees AND customers as assets rather than liabilites...it would make things considerably easier.

I have not flown US in 2 years......and sorry to say all I miss are the people.

My BEST to you all...

Amazing. So the stock may hit $8.00..

With real management this company has the ingredients to succeed. With the crew they have now running the ship, there is no chance. It's not a matter of if but when.

The true turnaround will begin when they finally realize that business travelers come back more often than vacationers, and that they contribute more to the bottom line.

Remember the top 20% of flyers contribute up to 45% of the revenue...

Oh I forgot--Doug and Scott know everything....we won't let the facts get in their way.

But truthfully, folks, I wish Tempe would start treating the employees AND customers as assets rather than liabilites...it would make things considerably easier.

I have not flown US in 2 years......and sorry to say all I miss are the people.

My BEST to you all...

Wow. I have never seen a bigger example of "Beating a dead horse" in my life.....

Wow. I have never seen a bigger example of "Beating a dead horse" in my life.....

I am a Chairman's Preferred member and have been since 2000. I simply do not understand the negativity toward the US product at this point. US had a few bad years, yes, but the service today is vastly improved and is comparable to other airlines. (Yes, I fly other airlines regularly as well and am also Platinum with DL/NW.)

The First class meals are on par with other airlines. The Coach meal options are solid. The planes are clean. I haven't had a delayed flight in well over a year, including those from Philly. The web site works -- no check-in problems, no mileage posting problems, no flight booking problems. I haven't missed an upgrade in well over a year. US Club members can use the CO Club without a same day CO ticket. US Club offers free wine/beer and free Internet. I could go on. What more are "business travelers" (of which I am one) looking for?

My only complaint, if you will, is the US "million miler" benefits are nil. US should really grant lifetime Silver or Gold, which is what AA, UA, DL/NW and I think CO all do. It's a cheap way to thank those that have flown that many "butt in seat" miles. Again, this is my only complaint with US at this point.

I also have a real problem with someone who hasn't flown US for over two years still commenting at how bad US is.

I swear some people will never be happy.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box now. :rolleyes:

I simply do not understand the negativity toward the US product at this point.
Speaking only for myself, it's not particularly the product. As you say, the basic product has improved somewhat recently although still somewhat lags behind in my view (the meals may be equivalent to others but you won't get one when other airlines do serve one, no domestic IFE, very slow with changes compared to others - see WiFi or Envoy suites timelines - etc).

It is that US is in the weakest or next to weakest financial position among the legacies. Some analyst's opinion won't change that, bowing down to management's "ability" won't change that, believing the spin from Tempe won't change that.

But if you feel differently, the stock market is open 5 days a week - buy a few thousand shares of LCC stock and wait for the profits to roll in.

Jim

Maybe I should roll the dice again ...... only lost $20,000 when the government made the first US/UA deal so difficult it failed.

Did you notice the three airlines across the top .... Airtran Holdings, Jetblue Airways Corporation, USAirways Group, Inc. Now there's a merger ..... lol lol.

As you say, the basic product has improved somewhat recently although still somewhat lags behind in my view (the meals may be equivalent to others but you won't get one when other airlines do serve one, no domestic IFE, very slow with changes compared to others - see WiFi or Envoy suites timelines - etc).

Yeah, but when you have a buzz going from a party cup full of F wine things don’t look so bad.

Did you notice the three airlines across the top .... Airtran Holdings, Jetblue Airways Corporation, USAirways Group, Inc.

Only in your post. Your link leads to the same abbreviated part of the article that the link on Yahoo lead to when I looked at it this morning. The only mention of US in that excerpt was among the list of companies covered and for me it's not worth signing up to read the complete WSJ articles.

Jim

I simply do not understand the negativity toward the US product at this point.

YES- US Product has improved. After all it had no place to go but up!

The simple fact is that from a Customer Perspective US Airways as a company is difficult to do business with. From the ongong slow & cumbersome QIK/SHARES issues that still plague the company, to the continued customer service breakdowns US continues to be a laggard in the above arenas.

Yes there has been a great deal of improvement, however there is still much to be done and IMO and US can manipulate stock price with various and sundry spin and selectively managing the numbers it still doesn't alter the fact that US Airways is still a Customer Service nightmare.

My only complaint, if you will, is the US "million miler" benefits are nil. US should really grant lifetime Silver or Gold, which is what AA, UA, DL/NW and I think CO all do. It's a cheap way to thank those that have flown that many "butt in seat" miles. Again, this is my only complaint with US at this point.

AA -- All earned miles (including credit card miles + bonus miles) count toward 1MM status, which gives you lifetime Gold (equivalent to US Silver). 2MM gives you lifetime Platinum (equivalent to US Gold). I'm not sure if there's a level beyond 2MM.

UA -- Only butt-in-seat miles flown on UA metal (i.e. not partner airlines) count towards 1MM, but you get lifetime Premiere Executive (equivalent to US Gold).

CO -- All EQM's count, and 1MM gets you lifetime Silver. 2MM gets you lifetime Gold. 4MM gets you lifetime Platinum. Plus, when you hit 1MM, your spouse or SO living at the same address also gets whatever your earned status is for that year. In other words, if you are Platinum when you cross the 1MM threshold, your spouse will also be Platinum. If you drop down to Gold the following year, your spouse will be Gold. If you do not re-qualify for any status the year after that, you will still be Silver, as will your spouse.

DL -- Not sure what their 1MM program entails.

US -- When you earn 1MM butt-in-seat miles, you get a certificate from Doug Parker, and a lump of coal in your stocking if you don't qualify for status. :rolleyes:

US, time to get with the 1MM program. I know I have over 1MM earned miles on US, and probably over 400K BIS miles, but all future flying on US will be credited to CO, so I can hit 1MM on a program which will give me a lifetime benefit.

Surely your not serioius when you say that the US onboard product is on par with other legacy carriers. Holy cow you must be tipsy on cheap hooch from a "party cup" in first. :lol: Oh does "on par" mean that other legacy carriers dump coach meals on plates and serve it to customers in Envoy to Tel Aviv? Ooooook. How about the meal window on domestic or distance to even receive a meal? Uh huh US is so "on par" with it's competitors. I will agree that the a/c are cleaner, the website works better and the delays are better. Well the delays are better due to the fact that they block city pairs like PHL-BOS for two hours. Is the train even that long? :lol:

Latest posts

Back