200% To 300% Investment Returns Projected ......

Now in the case of US and the clearly inferior version of QIK/SHARES as the underlying technology by it's very nature would be less likely to perform as well as other systems like Sabre, Worldspan which are true GDS's. So when you look at the underlying technology which dates back to Eastern Airlines "System One" coupled with the cheap at any cost mentality you have a prescription for a customer unfriendly experience mosre often then other vendors due to the antiquated technology deployed by US. The Res Migration and the continued on going issues are proof positive.
Welcome back

If you're going to point out the "fact that DL/ UA have similar (if not worse) IT problems, according to FlyerTalk", would you provide a link to that "fact"?

While I agree that FT members complain about all airlines IT and websites (UA.bomb anyone?), you're making a quantitative statement of "fact" apparently based on nothing but your view of anecdotal evidence....unless you can provide that link to the "fact".

You see, I do read the other airline's FF program forums on FT and have yet to see where anyone has done a study of the quantity of IT complaints and the severity of the problems complained about in order to establish a ranking of airline websites. But perhaps I missed it...

Jim
This is fun.

Fact? Where did I say it was a fact? I was simply saying that, according to FlyerTalk, I was able to find more negative threads in the UA/ DL forums about their websites than I was on the US forum. You are talking about studies, quantitative statements of fact, etc, when all I was saying was I can simply pull up the other forums and find a good number of threads on website inadequacies.

Again, why can people use the words "DL" and "UA" on this board when they trash US, but not when they are on par (subpar) with US, such as many people's feelings about their respective websites? It's a funny double standard.

Fact? Where did I say it was a fact?

You're really using that defense??? This is too easy. How about in this post?

Agreed, but remember, most of the Elites that frequent these boards do not fly US anymore, so the fact that DL/ UA have similar (if not worse) IT problems, according to FlyerTalk, may be of interest to them.

It's tough when your own words come back to haunt you, isn't it. BTW, I'm still waiting for the link to the FT source of that fact which you claim is there.

I was simply saying that, according to FlyerTalk, I was able to find more negative threads in the UA/ DL forums about their websites than I was on the US forum. You are talking about studies, quantitative statements of fact, etc, when all I was saying was I can simply pull up the other forums and find a good number of threads on website inadequacies.

Nice try, but you said "the fact"...read the quote of your own words above.

Would not one expect that bigger airlines with more FF's and whose websites have been around longer than the new US site would have more complaints than on the US DM forum for a new website that's been around a few months and only required to be used a couple of months? Unless one is reaching for any justification to make US look better, that is.

Again, why can people use the words "DL" and "UA" on this board when they trash US, but not when they are on par (subpar) with US, such as many people's feelings about their respective websites? It's a funny double standard.

There you go again - stating a personal opinion as a factual statement. Probably only to go the "Where did I say that" route later...

Now, about the source of your "facts".....

Jim

Now in the case of US and the clearly inferior version of QIK/SHARES as the underlying technology by it's very nature would be less likely to perform as well as other systems like Sabre, Worldspan which are true GDS's. So when you look at the underlying technology which dates back to Eastern Airlines "System One" coupled with the cheap at any cost mentality you have a prescription for a customer unfriendly experience mosre often then other vendors due to the antiquated technology deployed by US. The Res Migration and the continued on going issues are proof positive.
To be fair/objective, US is not the only airline having problems with Res Migration. Westjet (a darling LCC in the Great White North) is also having problems. And I don't think Westjet bought the cheap system either. The difference between the two is how the problem was handled & resolved afterwards ... ... ...

Westjet res system problems story

WestJet is known for low fares and high service standards. But a reputation that took 13 years to build is losing altitude after the airline upgraded its reservation system in mid-October.

The unexpected problem? More than 500,000 bookings made before Oct. 16, the changeover date, are not recognized by the online system.

Six weeks after the upgrade, disgruntled customers are still posting messages at WestJet's Facebook page.

Until calls get back to normal, its planned frequent flyer program and co-branded credit card – the RBC WestJet MasterCard – are on hold.

Also on hold are code-sharing plans with Southwest, KLM and British Airways. (This practice allows one airline to sell flights bearing its name on aircraft operated by another airline.)

WestJet is working closely with Sabre Holdings Corp., its technology supplier, to fix the problems. It is hoping that a new computer patch, due to arrive this week, will do the trick.

Sabre has shifted 200 call-centre agents at Travelocity, an online booking website it owns, to handle WestJet reservations.

You're really using that defense??? This is too easy. How about in this post?

Now, about the source of your "facts".....

Jim
I know, I know. It takes longer and longer to defend the "idea" (not fact!, I think you probably could've figured out that I wasn't actually taking FlyerTalk as fact, rather the fact that there are many threads on UA/ DL boards that deal with their respective website inadequacies... ) that US is not the only one with website issues. Remember, only compare US to other airlines when it paints US in a negative light. That should keep you busy! :lol:

To be fair/objective, US is not the only airline having problems with Res Migration.

Watch out. If you bring up the FACT that other airlines have website/ res issues as well, you will be told that this board is strictly US issues, not other airlines. You'll incite rage.

You'll incite rage.

FF2.0,

Not really. Just don't claim facts that don't exist or take others to task for not comparing with every airline in the world when they mention something that Itestwell feels is negative to US. Remember those two rules any you'll be fine.

Jim

FF2.0,

Not really. Just don't claim facts that don't exist or take others to task for not comparing with every airline in the world when they mention something that Itestwell feels is negative to US. Remember those two rules any you'll be fine.

Jim
Ok, I'm bored now.

The fact remains that there are a significant number of threads on the UA/ DL boards that relate to their respective website inadequacies. In recent searches, I've seen more on their boards than on US' board. Obviously, they are not FACT, just like many of the threads on here. The fact is that there are indeed threads.

It's funny you are arguing this so much, because I am not saying that US is great and wonderful. I am just saying that other airlines have similar issues, and that you and others beat dead horses on this board day and night, but refuse to realize that other airlines have many of the same issues.

Oh well.

Read my responses to you again...slowly. You'll see that I've never disagreed with your claim that other airlines have website problems. I even mentioned what is jokingly refered to as UA.bomb because of it's problems in one post. I've disagreed with you claiming something as fact when it clearly isn't. I defended myself when you attacked me for not comparing US to other airlines in the post that started all this when I was merely responding to a post that mentioned only the US website. That's all...

Jim

WestJet is working closely with Sabre Holdings Corp., its technology supplier, to fix the problems. It is hoping that a new computer patch, due to arrive this week, will do the trick.

Sabre has shifted 200 call-centre agents at Travelocity, an online booking website it owns, to handle WestJet reservations.
Hopefully airline management has learn a lesson on IT intergradations and cheap res systems

In an interview yesterday, Mr. Durfy said the short-term pain will pass, and the Calgary-based carrier is looking forward to the benefits of having new technology that interacts with the computers of foreign airlines.

"When the system stabilizes, it will give us a bunch more flexibility," he said.

Latest posts

Back