2007 PHL Int'l Departures

PHLfa88

Veteran
Jan 19, 2004
:up: Heard that the company wants to go from 17 international departures from PHL next year to 24 departures. Any thoughts? :up:

Start with pay raise? Come on. I just visited the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, Ky where the employees are represented by the UAW. They were the laziest workers I have ever seen. They make PHL ramp look like workaholics and the UAW workers are making $20 an hour.
Money isn't the answer. Its work ethic. I don't think this is just a PHL problem. Just go to any fast food. The younger people that work there could give a crap. Maybe that's why they prefer to hire "seasoned" workers.
You could pay the PHL people $50 an hour and it would still be the same.

From a couple of people. 1) Machanics are bidding for next year and thats what one said about going from 17-24.
2) Someone from inflight in
phl
First of all the mechanics do not bid for jobs next year.

They have a realignment every quarter, so the bid for next year won't be done until December of this year of January of next. The realignment is for shift and days off, nothing else at each location.

Job bids for mechanics come out twice a week and they go up for system bid, not only in just a station if jobs are being added.

Earlier this year the statement was made by management that there would be 3 additional european destinations next spring. Hopefully they won't try to do all of them with 757's although I wouldn't bet on it.

:up: Heard that the company wants to go from 17 international departures from PHL next year to 24 departures. Any thoughts? :up:

They'd need 4 additional capable aircraft, which they currently do not have - if the international routes are all Trans-Atlantic. Maybe Parker's got some deal going with Airbus for early delivery of a few 332s - that would be exceptional. US needs to keep up with CO out of EWR and TA expansion is one requirement. Another is refurbished aircraft. Wonder if US will continue to fly 2x to Ireland when Aer Lingus starts PHL.

Money isn't the answer. Its work ethic. I don't think this is just a PHL problem. Just go to any fast food. The younger people that work there could give a crap. Maybe that's why they prefer to hire "seasoned" workers.
You could pay the PHL people $50 an hour and it would still be the same.

I totally agree. The gen x have never known anything but prosperity and for the most part, my generation were lousy parents. They enjoyed the large salaries their parents fought for and all got great educations. Consequently, they gave their kids everything but listened too much to psychologists and didnt discipline or teach respect. A lot of the young people today just expect everything to come their way without work. They grew up with microwaves, computers and what not. Yeah, i know, I sound just like OUR parents who sounded like theirs. :D

I totally agree. The gen x have never known anything but prosperity and for the most part, my generation were lousy parents. They enjoyed the large salaries their parents fought for and all got great educations. Consequently, they gave their kids everything but listened too much to psychologists and didnt discipline or teach respect. A lot of the young people today just expect everything to come their way without work. They grew up with microwaves, computers and what not. Yeah, i know, I sound just like OUR parents who sounded like theirs. :D

"We are the people our parents warned us about"

Jimmy Buffett

They'd need 4 additional capable aircraft, which they currently do not have - if the international routes are all Trans-Atlantic.

The original plan was to convert 3 East 757 to ETOPS and overwater config this winter, it appears they are now converting 4, former A/C 630-633 which will be or already A/C 200-202 and 206. So there are your 4 aircraft !

Cheers

LGA777

For what its worth, I hear that PIT-FRA is coming back in May 07 with a B762.... Could be interesting if this is true.

Latest posts

Back