2008 New International Destinations

Which Cities Would You Like to See in 2008 for New International Service?

• Warsaw, Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oslo, Norway

• Copenhagen, Denmark

• Moscow,Russia

• Birmingham,UK

• Hamburg,Germany

• Lyons, France

• Tel Aviv, Israel

• Tokyo, Japan

• Helsinki, Finland

• Total voters
Yields are pretty poor at SNN as DUB gets all the high end Biz traffic, SNN does not get much paid for envoy, plus the airports are
only 100 miles apart..Will flights be shifted from LGW to LHR if they get slots??

GLA is a poor performer so i dont see a year round service there, maybe switch the flight to EDI.

DUB will be 4 X weekly in the winter, SNN wraps up on 6th OCT

Yields are pretty poor at SNN as DUB gets all the high end Biz traffic, SNN does not get much paid for envoy, plus the airports are
only 100 miles apart..Will flights be shifted from LGW to LHR if they get slots??

GLA is a poor performer so i dont see a year round service there, maybe switch the flight to EDI.

DUB will be 4 X weekly in the winter, SNN wraps up on 6th OCT
On switching to LHR, it would be great IF they can get slots. Maybe LH will sell some to help the SA out. UA already flies there so they are set. Also I would think LHR could be 3-4 flight a day from PHL. Also have that day flight across the pond,LV PHL at 8:30a gets in London at 8:30p. Just make the plane RON and leave at 8am and get into PHL about 11:30. I don't understand why 95% are all red-eyes over there. If they can get into LHR, do it. I know it will be more lucrative than LGW.

I've always thought that DUB would go to year-round once the SNN stopover rule was eliminated. I have a question though - if open skies doesn't go into effect until next Mar/Apr., how can US be allowed to fly to just DUB this winter?

I think that BHX would be a good performer year-round. CO is the only other competition to the US and they are only flying one flight to EWR this summer, down from 2 last summer.

Also, I think BCN might work well year-round, atleast 4/5 times a week since it is now being touted as the *A hub for southern Europe.

Several years ago there was talk about morning flights to Europe, especially LGW. Could work.
Not everybody wants red eyes. I really hate them when I go to the West Coast. Coming back I mean. But my trips out there are usually take the 7am to LAX there by 10a, change around for the meeting at 1p, then head home on that night red eye. Sometimes I stay overnight if I am not in the mood for the red eye. Cause I have to contend with PHL rush hour traffic in the AM, and being tired, its just not worth it. I wish there would be a flight that would leave around 5p and get into PHL at 1am, that would be ideal.

...I have a question though - if open skies doesn't go into effect until next Mar/Apr., how can US be allowed to fly to just DUB this winter? ....
The U.S. and Ireland have a separate bi-lateral agreement in place transitioning to the start of Open Skies. For every 4 flights to Ireland from the U.S., an airline must stop in Shannon once, but may fly direct to Dublin the other 3 times.

The U.S. and Ireland have a separate bi-lateral agreement in place transitioning to the start of Open Skies. For every 4 flights to Ireland from the U.S., an airline must stop in Shannon once, but may fly direct to Dublin the other 3 times.

Oh I see. So which US Airways flight will make the stop in SNN? Or is it another airline stopping in SNN in place of US? Is it both ways?

And also, if it US stopping in US can they sell PHL-SNN or SNN-DUB?

Pity they dont do SNN too, but i wonder would they ever have gone to SNN if the non-open skies was in place, interesting to see if they will continue next summer to SNN or just DUB

Not everybody wants red eyes. I really hate them when I go to the West Coast. Coming back I mean. But my trips out there are usually take the 7am to LAX there by 10a, change around for the meeting at 1p, then head home on that night red eye. Sometimes I stay overnight if I am not in the mood for the red eye. Cause I have to contend with PHL rush hour traffic in the AM, and being tired, its just not worth it. I wish there would be a flight that would leave around 5p and get into PHL at 1am, that would be ideal.

Once upon a time they did have such a flight. It was flight 30, and depending on the year, it left LAX at 3 or 3:30 and got to PHL about 11 or 11:30. It was a great flight - easy to upgrade, no connections, hardly any delays. It started with a 400, went to a 757, and was last operated with the 319. It hasn't operated for 2 years.

The only problem was that if they were short on airplanes, like the summer of 99, it got cancelled and used on the 2pm to CLT, which did have connections. The joke the summer of 99 was how many days per week did it operate! But the LAX people were usually good at reaccomodating.

Nothing was better than sitting on the A-C side with a glass of amaretto listening to the classical music channel watching out the window as the the plane crossed the termintor into night.

Well it's not operating daily, so that might have to with the SNN rule. They are operating 4x weekly, but isn't it for every 4 weekly flts into DUB one must go to SNN?

***Sorry just saw this has been discusssed

The 4 for 1 rule applies until 04/08 for DUB/SNN but this can spread out throught the year, so SNN 5 month run in the summer covers DUB to go all year without having to stop in SNN at all in the winter

Latest posts

Back