3 TWU Groups Had Enough

Bogey said:
In the end, it's too late for what they should have done. They can't unscramble this egg.
Sounds like a representational vote cant come fast enough.

TWU is a reactive union not a proactive one. Proven time and time again. Now they can not even react in time to stop the bleeding on this issue. All they can do is send threatening messages? How sad they are about to lose members and they threaten you for trying to better yourselves.

Bogey said:
They should have responded that day or the next. Got everyone together and started working on a plan to fight it. Just like they did in 2003 when PAFCA raided the dispatchers.

They did absolutely nothing for 10 days. Then the only thing they came up with was they wanted the board to sign a letter of solidarity. Great plan. That will stop em. Not once did someone pick up the phone to call anyone in the local. Not once. No Drummond, no Virella, nobody. It was like they almost want it to happen. And ya know, they haven't done a thing except send a letter to the members full of scare tactics. They also talk about local autonomy in that letter out of one side of their mouth, as they cancel and prevent our negotiations out of the other side.
I don't know your issues or what the other side of the story is yet but thank you for your perspective.

WeAAsles said:
Oh yes that's smart. Throw away your grievance procedures then too and leave yourself up to the whim of a manager who might not like you especially if you live in a "Right to work" State. Go ask some people who've gotten their jobs back because of having CBA language how they would feel if they didn't have it?

Go ask a Fed Ex driver what they feel about GFT (Guaranteed Fair Treatment) as it's called?
You know and I know 10% of the guys are 90% of the work, usually its the dipshits that get canned and deservedly so.

Tell me about the grievance procedure, have you had a look at the system docket recently? Oh yea, that's working out good isn't it.

This aint fedex, go look at there mechanics paycheck vs mine.

And your crap about seniority is BS, my 28 years counts for very little around here, and there's plenty of guys with less. Most non union work groups seniority is observed by the company, supervisors around this place have always been screwed, 20 somethings are all they can get, guys that don't know any better. Everyone knows its always been a huge gamble to go into management and it has always been this way. This company and the Union have never been organizations that fostered moving up, the whole culture is designed to keep you locked in, right where you are.

Freaking TWU lackey,,, now go take your vacation and days off when you want, get all your holidays off, and suck down that union paycheck and food/drink.

DallasConehead said:
You know and I know 10% of the guys are 90% of the work, usually its the dipshits that get canned and deservedly so.

Tell me about the grievance procedure, have you had a look at the system docket recently? Oh yea, that's working out good isn't it.

And your crap about seniority is BS, my 28 years counts for very little around here, and there's plenty of guys with less. Most non union work groups seniority is observed by the company, supervisors around this place have always been screwed, 20 somethings are all they can get, guys that don't know any better. Everyone knows its always been a huge gamble to go into management and it has always been this way. This company and the Union have never been organizations that fostered moving up, the whole culture is designed to keep you locked in, right where you are.

Freaking TWU lackey,,, now go take your vacation and days off when you want, get all your holidays off, and suck down that union paycheck and food/drink.
28 years tells me that you nothing about the other side of working for a large corporation without a union contract. I hope you never get to find out what that's like even if that means a union is shoved down your throat. The grass is brown and dead on the other side whether you give a shite what I tell you or not.

WeAAsles said:

Published 27 Jul, 2014

Dear Local 541 and 542 Members:

Earlier today (Friday, July 25, 2014), the International Executive Council – upon recommendation of the International Administrative Committee – voted unanimously to place your Local into a temporary trusteeship and to suspend all Local 541 and  Local 542 officers while we conduct a full investigation of serious wrongdoing, and violations of the International Constitution, federal law and their oath of office.

As such, I have appointed International Vice President Gary Shults to administer all affairs of Local 541 and 542 until further notice.

Additionally, the International Administrative Committee will immediately impanel a three-person subcommittee of the International Executive Council to hold timely hearings to evaluate the conduct of Local 542 officers and to determine whether the allegations against them warrant further action.

The suspended officers will have ample opportunity to explain their actions, call witnesses, and otherwise defend themselves against these allegations.

While regrettable, this action was necessary to preserve the assets of the Local, ensure proper member representation and protect the integrity not only of Locals 541 and 542, but of our entire organization and all its affiliates.  I believe the unanimity of the International Executive Council in taking this decisive step reflects the gravity of this situation.

Please be advised that actions taken today (July 25, 2014) were a result of violations of Article XVIII, Section 3, and Article V, Sections 4 to 6 of the International Constitution. A copy of the International Constitution can be found on the TWU website (www.twu.org) under the drop-down menu “Members,” subsection “Resources.”

The International will continue to keep you apprised of this situation. We ask that no unfair or uninformed judgments be made until the investigation takes place and a decision is rendered by the Subcommittee. In the meantime, feel confident that International Vice President and Administrator Gary Shults will protect your rights as a member of the TWU and the valuable assets of your Locals.

http://www.twu.org/blog/tabid/84/vw/1/itemid/592/default.aspx

Can't believe no one has commented on this yet.  Can someone please post what the article titles are.  The reamsters did this to us back when AMFA did their card drive.  Watche where all the memberships monies go...

WeAAsles said:
28 years tells me that you nothing about the other side of working for a large corporation without a union contract. I hope you never get to find out what that's like even if that means a union is shoved down your throat. The grass is brown and dead on the other side whether you give a shite what I tell you or not.
Cranking up the old scare machine huh bro? Ive heard it before and could give a rats ass. In reality, it's more like you hope you get to keep your cushy job up in some office somewhere with your union credit card buying your lunches.

DallasConehead said:
Cranking up the old scare machine huh bro? Ive heard it before and could give a rats ass. In reality, it's more like you hope you get to keep your cushy job up in some office somewhere with your union credit card buying your lunches.

Baaaaaaa WRONG! I'm an FSC in MIA and at 5:15 EST I will be loading flight 220 going to TPA.

I pay the union for their services and receive not a thin dime to support them.

WeAAsles said:
Baaaaaaa WRONG! I'm an FSC in MIA and at 5:15 EST I will be loading flight 220 going to TPA.

I pay the union for their services and receive not a thin dime to support them.
Not surprising you are a TWU fan.  FSCs have better benefits than AMTs and don't have a lower classification like the OSM to worry about getting forced into (Yet).  If you are happy with the TWU then good on you.  Many of us AMTs are not happy with them.  I would be willing to bet that if the AMTs enjoyed better benefits than you then your opinion of the TWU would be different.  I pray that someday soon the AMTs won't be under the TWU anymore.  Then you can sing their praises as they sell you and your job out to AA.  I suggest all FSCs look for an alternative to the TWU.  In case you haven't been paying attention AA has been raking in over $1 Billion per year by gouging passengers for baggage fees.  To my knowledge  the TWU has not even asked AA to share that dough with the FSCs who are the ones loading those bags.  But keep sticking up for them.  I'm guessing you think FSCs and Stock Clerks deserve better benefits than us lowly AMTs.  If the TWU was a real union it would not agree to any group being offered inferior benefits and if you were a real union man you would not stand for it.  I don't wish bad on anyone else but if the TWU is doing it to me now then they could do it to you later.  

They have part-time, do you in maintenance?

And AA does on-call maintenance for other airlines and works some of their flights also, I know US use to use them in certain European Cities, did you ask AA to share that money with you?

You wont further your class and craft as long as you look down at others for what they negotiated.

Lets see Bob Owens is a mechanic, why couldnt he be the savior for AMTs at AA and demand what you all THINK you deserve?

Getting back on topic two words are coming to mind. Federal Prison.

Details coming soon I'm sure.

Come on weasel. You try to come off credible then you post stupid stuff. The twu is pissed off because they are going to lose almost 400 members dues and they are gonna sling the mud. Again, you admitted you don't know all the issues.

DallasConehead said:

Bob and I already covered this. Bob came up with the term (or at least I had never seen it before then) Golden Handcuffs.

I agree with your post 100 percent. I said exactly the same thing about seniority being used to "lock people down".

I just wonder why I got negative responses for saying the exact same thing and you got 9 thumbs up. Maybe the forum patrons are starting to get a bit smarter. 

OldGuy@AA said:
Not surprising you are a TWU fan.  FSCs have better benefits than AMTs and don't have a lower classification like the OSM to worry about getting forced into (Yet).  If you are happy with the TWU then good on you.  Many of us AMTs are not happy with them.  I would be willing to bet that if the AMTs enjoyed better benefits than you then your opinion of the TWU would be different.  I pray that someday soon the AMTs won't be under the TWU anymore.  Then you can sing their praises as they sell you and your job out to AA.  I suggest all FSCs look for an alternative to the TWU.  In case you haven't been paying attention AA has been raking in over $1 Billion per year by gouging passengers for baggage fees.  To my knowledge  the TWU has not even asked AA to share that dough with the FSCs who are the ones loading those bags.  But keep sticking up for them.  I'm guessing you think FSCs and Stock Clerks deserve better benefits than us lowly AMTs.  If the TWU was a real union it would not agree to any group being offered inferior benefits and if you were a real union man you would not stand for it.  I don't wish bad on anyone else but if the TWU is doing it to me now then they could do it to you later.  
First of all OldGuy@AA, I agree with what you say 100%.

I especially find what they did with the mechanics sick time atrocious.

I have to say this though, and it is with the utmost respect, if you insist on negotiating separate contracts you should not be too upset when there are differences. That is the hidden danger of having "title" contracts under the same UNION flag.

Back